Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 08:01 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,921,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
IF the definition fits then at least have the balls to "wear it" along with your obvious agenda>>>>>>>

Homophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homophobia: The Fear Behind The Hatred
Complete nonsense as I do not hate or fear gays. I think they're doing something wrong.

When one of my children does something that they shouldn't - ie playing with their DS instead of sleeping, I correct them and tell them what they are doing is wrong and to put it away and go to sleep.

I do not tell them I hate them or that I am afraid of them now that they have done something they should not. Thinking that I react that way shows ignorance and a lack of emotional maturity.

I do not know why gay people choose the lifestyle they do. I think it's unfortunate and sad for them and those who love them. Their opinions do not matter to me, as I do not feel their brains work the same as those who do not exhibit this type of behavior.

I pray for healing for them. I pray their anger is lifted for them and whatever it is that clouds their judgement is lifted from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,642,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This is a link to a very touching video that I came across last night on the Awaken Manhattan website: video - Brent - I was very impressed with this young man and find that he is very brave to step forward with his message. The website is actually very good. The message is not one of dislike or hate that is being pushed by the gay community (I often wonder if you hate yourself if you don't feel that everyone else hates you?). Since I find that homosexual acts are immoral and against God's laws, I would chose not to have practicing homosexuals as people in my life. It just appears that trying to force people to accept you as you are - emphasis force - may not be the best approach and will only make people angry and that may be what you see as "dislike".
Seems like gay people are not missing much not having you as a friend.

They are not trying to force anything, other than they deserve the same rights you and I have. Hate and dislike is all that the gay people have experience from people such as yourself, assuming everyone believes in your little black book of hate. And "practicing gays?" what as opposed to living alone without love or living a lie? If that is what your god wants, he has no clue what love is.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Complete nonsense as I do not hate or fear gays. I think they're doing something wrong.

When one of my children does something that they shouldn't - ie playing with their DS instead of sleeping, I correct them and tell them what they are doing is wrong and to put it away and go to sleep.

I do not tell them I hate them or that I am afraid of them now that they have done something they should not. Thinking that I react that way shows ignorance and a lack of emotional maturity.

I do not know why gay people choose the lifestyle they do. I think it's unfortunate and sad for them and those who love them. Their opinions do not matter to me, as I do not feel their brains work the same as those who do not exhibit this type of behavior.

I pray for healing for them. I pray their anger is lifted for them and whatever it is that clouds their judgement is lifted from them.

What by living as who they are? They don't choose to be gay, they are gay. Would you choose to be discriminated against, beat up, spit on, not have equal rights and be hated and called all sorts of names? I KNOW MANY gay people, all say the same. At 3 or 5 years old they know they are different, little kids dont choose to be attracted to the opposite sex. When did you choose which way you would go?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What by living as who they are? They don't choose to be gay, they are gay. Would you choose to be discriminated against, beat up, spit on, not have equal rights and be hated and called all sorts of names? I KNOW MANY gay people, all say the same. At 3 or 5 years old they know they are different, little kids dont choose to be attracted to the opposite sex. When did you choose which way you would go?
I never choose to be different than who I am. A woman desires a man, a man desires a woman - this is just how it works. We were designed this way, as were all animals. It propagates the species.

I do not know any three or five year olds that are sexually attracted to the opposite sex. Only a pedophile (which by definition is a perversion) would believe that about little kids.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I never choose to be different than who I am. A woman desires a man, a man desires a woman - this is just how it works. We were designed this way, as were all animals. It propagates the species.

I do not know any three or five year olds that are sexually attracted to the opposite sex. Only a pedophile (which by definition is a perversion) would believe that about little kids.
There are gay animals in nature, so you got that wrong. We are born how we are born, gay, straight, bisexual, hermaphrodites, transgender. Thats how it works.

My niece knew she was different at 5, says she has always been different. My cousin knew at 11 that he was gay. But since you dont care to actually get to know any gay people, you would have no clue.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
There are gay animals in nature, so you got that wrong. We are born how we are born, gay, straight, bisexual, hermaphrodites, transgender. Thats how it works.

My niece knew she was different at 5, says she has always been different. My cousin knew at 11 that he was gay. But since you dont care to actually get to know any gay people, you would have no clue.
So you lump those who were born as hermaphrodites in with those who choose to have sexual reassignment surgery? Wow. That's a whole other level of ignorance.

Animals are not gay. Animals are just that - animals. Instinctual creatures who do not have a sense of right or wrong.

I know people who choose to be gay. I also know people who have chosen to commit adultery. I know some who have chosen to steal. I know one who chose to commit murder later in life.

Just because someone has chosen to live a certain way, doesn't make it right. Just because I know them, doesn't mean that I think what they are doing is right.

My husband knew at the age of 8 that he was going to grow up to be a Lutheran minister. But as he grew and matured, he chose another path. I'm sorry that your cousin and niece were not taught that they did not have to do the things that they chose at the age of 5 and 11. I'm sorry that someone sexualized your niece at the age of 5 - it's sad that she wasn't allowed to be a child, but instead was forced to make those kind of choices at such a young age. But, based on what you've posted here, making choices before an age appropriate time seems to run in your family. That is sad. I hope someone is able to break that cycle eventually within your family.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
I know people who choose to be gay. I also know people who have chosen to commit adultery. I know some who have chosen to steal. I know one who chose to commit murder later in life.

Just because someone has chosen to live a certain way, doesn't make it right. Just because I know them, doesn't mean that I think what they are doing is right.

My husband knew at the age of 8 that he was going to grow up to be a Lutheran minister. But as he grew and matured, he chose another path. I'm sorry that your cousin and niece were not taught that they did not have to do the things that they chose at the age of 5 and 11. I'm sorry that someone sexualized your niece at the age of 5 - it's sad that she wasn't allowed to be a child, but instead was forced to make those kind of choices at such a young age. But, based on what you've posted here, making choices before an age appropriate time seems to run in your family. That is sad. I hope someone is able to break that cycle eventually within your family.
OMG, such complete BS, man!! No one sexualized anyone, it is who they were born to be they knew all by themselves.They both come from straight parents and were raised n a straight household, we just choose to let them be who they are and not spread fear and hate around or indoctrinate them with some BS from a book or oppress them and make them feel bad about who they are or how they feel, as it seems to be with you. And no you don't know anyone who chose to be gay, they chose to act out who they are.

There is a HUGE difference in wanting to be a preacher, fireman or cop at a young age and feeling you are different based on who you were attracted to. People like you make me sick, but then again that is a big part of why I hate religion and despise the bible. My cousin and niece are better people than any religious person I have ever met. So that says a lot.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
OMG, such complete BS, man!! No one sexualized anyone, it is who they were born to be they knew all by themselves.They both come from straight parents and were raised n a straight household, we just choose to let them be who they are and not spread fear and hate around or indoctrinate them with some BS from a book or oppress them and make them feel bad about who they are or how they feel, as it seems to be with you. And no you don't know anyone who chose to be gay, they chose to act out who they are.

There is a HUGE difference in wanting to be a preacher, fireman or cop at a young age and feeling you are different based on who you were attracted to. People like you make me sick, but then again that is a big part of why I hate religion and despise the bible. My cousin and niece are better people than any religious person I have ever met. So that says a lot.
I am not a 'religious' person, though I believe in God. Believing in God does not make one good automatically either though.

I am also not the one eaten up with bitterness, hate and fear. That would be you spewing that vitriol.

Again, normal 5 year olds are not sexually attracted to people. That alone would make her different. Either someone taught her that sexual manner of thinking at too young of an age, or there is something indeed 'miswired' within her. You know her better, supposedly. Your violent defense of her sexualization is peculiar - I'm sorry I've obviously hit that nerve within you. I pray you find peace and a way to set aside your obvious anger and fear.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I am not a 'religious' person, though I believe in God. Believing in God does not make one good automatically either though.

I am also not the one eaten up with bitterness, hate and fear. That would be you spewing that vitriol.

Again, normal 5 year olds are not sexually attracted to people. That alone would make her different. Either someone taught her that sexual manner of thinking at too young of an age, or there is something indeed 'miswired' within her. You know her better, supposedly. Your violent defense of her sexualization is peculiar - I'm sorry I've obviously hit that nerve within you. I pray you find peace and a way to set aside your obvious anger and fear.

Again, you don't have a clue what your talking about. No one taught her anything, she knew she was different, didn't say anything about her being sexually attracted to anyone, I said she knew she was different, she just knew she liked different things than her other girl friends did and it grew as she got older into who she was attracted to. See we dont brainwash our kids into thinking they have to be someone they are not,or to follow some imaginary rules.

So your not religious, where do you get your gay are sinners and wrong bs from? I don't spew hate, I fight against those that spew hate and intolerance for others not like them and that think they are better because they follow some oppressive, archaic, horror filled book written 2000 years ago.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:52 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,777,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauledward View Post
Men wrote the Bible not God! Therefore, the Bible is full of fairy tales!
Keep swinging...you missed that pinata again...Of coarse you think men had the total control over these written books because you yourself cannot beleive in anything you can't see, so you wouldn't be able to grasp how God works through people...keep on swinging
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality