Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Just look at the butterfly, that's proof of god. When you see the butterfly being devoured by a bird of lizard do you kneel and praise gods glory or is it gory.
Why can't god heal amputees? He can create a Universe, sneeze into dirt and create man, pull a rib out and presto..........backyard barbecue and a women to prepare it.
"Now just where did I put that healing amputee formula I was working on. I know I had it with me when Lucifer and I were tipping a few last Wednesday"
Mockers and scoffers will never have the ability to admit God their Creator heals, saves, delivers, raises the dead or restores bodily parts and organs, even when it is done right before their own eyes. This is the way it has always been.

But for those who seek Him, all things are possible to them who believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
$20,000 prosthetic legs get expensive as I wear more and more out I have come to the realization that what God gives me at birth is the best, man's creation comes in second

Old 04-23-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
but no survivors
Yes there were. The skulls of many who died in ancient times which have been discovered in Peru [and other geographical areas of the world] show that brain surgeries were done on them and they had lived.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Yes there were. The skulls of many who died in ancient times which have been discovered in Peru [and other geographical areas of the world] show that brain surgeries were done on them and they had lived.
You said brain transplant now skulls with holes, known as cranial trephining.

Primitive cranial trephining was a more a ritual to allow spirits in or out of the persons head. Still done today in parts of Africa and South America. As long as the dura mater, a tough membrane under the skull is intact to protect the brain from infection there is a reasonable probability of survival.

But it ain't brain surgery, only a hole in the skull

Last edited by Asheville Native; 04-23-2011 at 10:52 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 02:34 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,937,844 times
Quote:
Just look at the butterfly, that's proof of god. When you see the butterfly being devoured by a bird of lizard do you kneel and praise gods glory or is it gory.
Why can't god heal amputees? He can create a Universe, sneeze into dirt and create man, pull a rib out and presto..........backyard barbecue and a women to prepare it.
"Now just where did I put that healing amputee formula I was working on. I know I had it with me when Lucifer and I were tipping a few last Wednesday"
Because,God did not make us humans amphibians, but God did make certain few of us to be able to make prosthetic legs to get us ambulatory once again, as I am one of those amputees.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You said brain transplant now skulls with holes, known as cranial trephining.

Primitive cranial trephining was a more a ritual to allow spirits in or out of the persons head. Still done today in parts of Africa and South America. As long as the dura mater, a tough membrane under the skull is intact to protect the brain from infection there is a reasonable probability of survival.

But it ain't brain surgery, only a hole in the skull
That the skulls show brain surgery and the persons lived to heal is what I referred to -and yes, the ancients did do brain surgery, and the ICA stones show brain transplants.

And in modern times -at least that which is known, but there are dark rumors out of Communist China and the former USSR- there has been a "brain transplant" done on two live monkeys [actually a switch of heads] in which one did survive for a time. -But what is done that "they" do not talk openly about?

BBC News | HEALTH | Frankenstein fears after head transplant

So what is old is new again, and there is nothing done under the sun that has not been done before, by those who came before us.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it [is that] which shall be; and that which is done [is] that which shall be done: and [there is] no new [thing] under the sun. Is there [any] thing whereof it may be said, See, this [is] new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
Ecc 1:11 [There is] no remembrance of former [things]; neither shall there be [any] remembrance of [things] that are to come with [those] that shall come after.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:30 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Why can't god heal amputees?
It's not a matter of "can't." Sure God can do it, but why must he do it? Because you think it's cool? Because lacking a limb is so horrible?

I think God is okay with physical differences on Earth. I've been very happy to have the genetic condition I have even if I've seen an atheist website saying my existence is a sign there's no God. And allowing us to help such people, instead of just fixing it from above, I think is quite respectful of our abilities or independence.

However I suppose another issue is that regrowing an arm or leg would be an incredibly unnerving thing to happen, particularly to a person in a more primitive society. It's not like simply healing a wound or eyes. You have this new thing you can't explain so may feel uncomfortable toward. Still I believe there was one story from Medieval Spain of a man's leg being miraculously reattached.

And there are other issues as well. Atheists have made some interesting points about how our bodies are designed or contradictions in the Bible, but the whole amputee thing did and does strike me as almost comically clueless. Explaining why is difficult at times, but explaining really obvious things is sometimes the hardest to do.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:03 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:

So what is old is new again, and there is nothing done under the sun that has not been done before, by those who came before us.
Very true, and as long as such levels of wallowing is such astounding levels of deliberate stupidity exist, society will be polluted with the deliberate ignorance you exhibit with every word you say.

It's called cranial trephining and it is NOT brain surgery. Educate yourself, you really need to catch up with the morons of this world.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:14 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
Mockers and scoffers will never have the ability to admit God their Creator heals, saves, delivers, raises the dead or restores bodily parts and organs, even when it is done right before their own eyes. This is the way it has always been.

But for those who seek Him, all things are possible to them who believe.
Mark me down as a mocker and scoffer. Happy zombie day. You may have seen many people rise from the dead "before your very eyes" but I would suggest you get off of drugs and seek help quickly, or you're watching too many movies. One more thing, if you can provide one shred of evidence to your above claims, other than blind faith, you will be the most famous person in the history of mankind. Doors will open for you, history will remember your name more than the gods you proclaim to believe in.
But here's the problem as I see it. The way you perceive "evidence" may differ from the scientific community. Gut feelings, warm fuzzies, tea leaves and reading bunions are not regarded as reliable sources of truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality