U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-05-2011, 10:38 PM

920 posts, read 538,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Why do you want to worship a god that seems to enjoy talking about murdering women and children?
If you can understand the potential for evil in an independent entity, (such as You and I)you would understand the corrective measures that God takes.

You see, being made in the image (in the likeness) of God means that we as independent entities are gods of our own lives.

We were designed with the potential to do good or to do evil at our choosing.

That in it's self separates us from God, meaning, death as a result of separation.

That establishes the need for redemption of our souls from death which, only God Himself can perform because we are lesser gods with power only to make decisions based on what we can understand.

So when mankind insists on being evil, God raises up an enemy against them.

That makes God sound like a murderer.

Ref: Amo 6:14 But, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the LORD the God of hosts; and they shall afflict you from the entering in of Hemath unto the river of the wilderness.

In other words, if evil is gone unchecked by mankind, will eventially be dealt by God as a matter of a correctivre measure.

Now, against all that, which, by the way, displays mankind's total inaptness to be righteous in the eyes of God, as demonstrated by the receiving of the Ten Commandments.

The Ten Commandments condemns all souls regardless of who they are to the point of mankind having no hope of it's own salvation.

So God, knowing full well His designed works, incorporated along with the creation of Adam and Eve, the tree of life to be the source of mankind's salvation.

So what we had was condemnation so that God could show His mercy, which we now have despite what we believe or who we are.

You see, it is not a work of mankind which life is granted, but a work of God that life is granted.

That absolves mankind from his own works of righteousness.

Ref: Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Which leaves only one option: And that is that the same God who created mankind likewise, saves it.

Blessings, AJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
No I can't but then, I can't prove that there are no mermaids either but I have no belief in them. Can you prove that there is no Zeus or Krishna or Dionysus? No you can't. So why don't you believe that they exist too? It is you that is claiming the existence of 'God' my friend. It is for you to offer reliable, verifiable evidence for that 'God'.>>>Rafius
Yes, it is I that claims the existence of God and I am not ashamed to do so.

This God whom I claim as my God works in my everyday life.

As a matter of fact, I can move His hand in my behalf.

Ref: Luk 7:7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

You see, Jesus saw faith in this man to the point where this man moved Jesus to perform.

Read the rest of the story.

God has performed many times in my behalf as only I can testify of it.

Quote:
Muslims too, speak of their experiences with Allah, Hindus speak of their experiences with Brahma and Zoroastrians speak of their experiences with Zoroaster. All of them will insist that their experiences "have been nothing but real in every situation." Now why should I believe you rather than them?
You know, I don't have anything against any of them because I know that God loves them to and has included them all in His mercy and grace.

The distinction between the differencing faiths is whether they love their God and neighbor as well.

If they love God and neighbor, there is no distinction in the eyes of God.

Quote:
Just like all the followers of other religions then?
Well, that just proves what I said.

Quote:
How about you prove the existence of the person before claiming what that person said.
If I told you , you would not believe me.

Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

Is God not able to forgive?

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-06-2011, 04:50 AM

40,060 posts, read 18,542,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
The Ten Commandments condemns all souls regardless of who they are to the point of mankind having no hope of it's own salvation.
The Ten Commandments are not a vehicle for condemnation. That shows a fairly poor understanding of things. Unless...wait...you had an agenda that had to be justified...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:04 AM

3,048 posts, read 2,228,264 times
Quote:
If you can understand the potential for evil in an independent entity, (such as You and I)you would understand the corrective measures that God takes.

You see, being made in the image (in the likeness) of God means that we as independent entities are gods of our own lives.

We were designed with the potential to do good or to do evil at our choosing.

That in it's self separates us from God, meaning, death as a result of separation.

That establishes the need for redemption of our souls from death which, only God Himself can perform because we are lesser gods with power only to make decisions based on what we can understand.

So when mankind insists on being evil, God raises up an enemy against them.

That makes God sound like a murderer.

Ref: Amo 6:14 But, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the LORD the God of hosts; and they shall afflict you from the entering in of Hemath unto the river of the wilderness.

In other words, if evil is gone unchecked by mankind, will eventially be dealt by God as a matter of a correctivre measure.

Now, against all that, which, by the way, displays mankind's total inaptness to be righteous in the eyes of God, as demonstrated by the receiving of the Ten Commandments.

So God, knowing full well His designed works, incorporated along with the creation of Adam and Eve, the tree of life to be the source of mankind's salvation.

So what we had was condemnation so that God could show His mercy, which we now have despite what we believe or who we are.

You see, it is not a work of mankind which life is granted, but a work of God that life is granted.

That absolves mankind from his own works of righteousness.

Ref: Rom 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Which leaves only one option: And that is that the same God who created mankind likewise, saves it.

Blessings, AJ
Do you like to sit with your children and read to them god's musings on child murder, infanticide and abortion?

Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Is God not able to forgive?

Blessings, AJ
I imagine your imaginary friend is able to do just about anything you could ever possibly imagine.

Last edited by Tantalust; 05-06-2011 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-06-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The Ten Commandments are not a vehicle for condemnation. That shows a fairly poor understanding of things. Unless...wait...you had an agenda that had to be justified...
Ok, if you feel that way, then you tell me just how you will justify yourself by the Ten Commandments?

The giver of the Ten Commandments, God via Moses, stated via James "Jam 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all".

Can you keep the whole law? If not, then you are condemned!

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Do you like to sit with your children and read to them god's musings on child murder, infanticide and abortion?
Friend, do you not know you don't feed meat to a new born baby but milk?

When there is no capacity to understand, will those things hard to understand be understood?

You have the capacity, yet you don't understand.

Job 28:12 But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding?

Job 28:20 Whence then cometh wisdom? and where is the place of understanding?

Job 28:28 And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

How then is it known if a person has not heard of such things?

Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

But........well........?

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 AM

Why should we "fear" your imaginary friend?

Old 05-07-2011, 06:01 AM

3,486 posts, read 1,445,784 times

YouTube - Missler - What Is Truth

Start here. Jesus was God that came to us to be a prophet and a sinless sacrifice for all that accept God's provision for our sin. He was resurrected from the dead and intercedes for us right now. Just as the messianic prophecies were fulfilled so will the second coming prophecies which look to be right around the corner.

Jesus died for all those that put their faith in him.

Matthew 7:13-14 (King James Version)

13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Even people that call themselves Christians will be in hell. It's about a way of life, but people have reduced it to an intellectual thought.

Walking in Christ's shoes is the highest calling.

Matthew 22:14 (King James Version)
14For many are called, but few are chosen.

You have to want to be with him by doing what he says.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 AM

So, you do admit he's imaginary. Check.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality