U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-27-2011, 03:49 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,214,175 times
Reputation: 3933

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Read the bible and try again
I've read your bible, many times and several different versions. None of them paint your deity in a good light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,214,175 times
Reputation: 3933
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post


Now, please go over to the Christian boards and show me how many similar threads are running about atheists.
Oh, you poor things. You people are endlessly busy squabbling amongst yourself about what a 'true christian' happens to be. You can't even agree on the basics. No wonder you're all so confused.

Have you ever considered the fact that "we" talk and post about the things we do because they negatively affect our lives every day? So if you really think christians aren't posting things about atheists...then perhaps you might consider why. It's because we don't force ourselves on you like you force yourselves on us. We don't come into your churches and insist on teaching evolution there like you march into our public schools and insist that the farce that is creation be taught there. We don't come into Congress, the House, and the Senate and insist on praising Darwin before they can get to work. We don't print "In Hitchens We Trust" on our money. We don't insist on saying "...one nation, under Dawkins..." Atheists don't bomb abortion clinics. Atheists as a group don't deny equal rights to homosexuals or any other minority group.

I don't think I need continue, it's pretty clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,037,864 times
Reputation: 7701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Oh lets see what have I been told oh yea that, we are sinners, destined for hell, foolish, ignorant, blind, silly,dumb, hateful, arrogant, wrong, liars on and on.

Can you honestly say you're none of those? I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,037,864 times
Reputation: 7701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
I've read your bible, many times and several different versions. None of them paint your deity in a good light.
Why? Because He does things you don't approve of or don't understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Can you honestly say you're none of those? I can't.
I can be silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,037,864 times
Reputation: 7701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh, you poor things. You people are endlessly busy squabbling amongst yourself about what a 'true christian' happens to be. You can't even agree on the basics. No wonder you're all so confused.

Have you ever considered the fact that "we" talk and post about the things we do because they negatively affect our lives every day? So if you really think christians aren't posting things about atheists...then perhaps you might consider why. It's because we don't force ourselves on you like you force yourselves on us. We don't come into your churches and insist on teaching evolution there like you march into our public schools and insist that the farce that is creation be taught there. We don't come into Congress, the House, and the Senate and insist on praising Darwin before they can get to work. We don't print "In Hitchens We Trust" on our money. We don't insist on saying "...one nation, under Dawkins..." Atheists don't bomb abortion clinics. Atheists as a group don't deny equal rights to homosexuals or any other minority group.

I don't think I need continue, it's pretty clear.
Ok, so you have no threads on the Christian boards to offer as refutation. That's alright because I already knew it to be so. That's why I put up the challenge. Like any good lawyer, I won't ask a question I don't already know the answer to. (No, I'm not a lawyer in real life. I'm a retired truck driver.)

But, consider this: Maybe we don't start threads to belittle atheist's or call into question their faith, because we don't hate you. We don't condemn you, don't feel compelled to belittle you to validate our own faith, don't see you as an enemy to be defeated. Maybe...just maybe...we love you just as you are, just as God first loved us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,037,864 times
Reputation: 7701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I can be silly.
Snappy retort, but not an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Snappy retort, but not an answer.
I gotta go, but
No I am not ignorant, a liar, dumb, a sinner, destined for hell, foolish or arrogant. But like I said, I can be silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,038 posts, read 30,680,506 times
Reputation: 12213
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Can you honestly say you're none of those? I can't.
You have just proved her point with this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,078 posts, read 17,037,864 times
Reputation: 7701
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have just proved her point with this post.
How so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top