Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,477,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh pleeeease GldnRain. I've already debunked this on two earlier occasions. THEY ARE ALL EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS.....GET IT?
Oh, yes. Can't trust them Christians. They read the Bible, research the history and end up believing that crap.

Quote:
What a surprise. The 'proof' once again turns out to be Tacitus, Josephus, Suetonius, the Talmud etc. When will these Christians give up on this tripe??

...and again! Josephus, Pliny, Tacitus, Suetonius.

[url="http://www.provethebible.net/T2-Divin/D-0201.htm"]Yep, you guessed it! Josephus, Pliny, Tacitus, Suetonius.
Sooo......

How many extrabiblical sources will do it for you?

Do you doubt that Plato existed?

http://www.dakotavoice.com/2008/03/d...-really-exist/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,797,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Oh, yes. Can't trust them Christians. They read the Bible, research the history and end up believing that crap.
No you're wrong, they don't research the history. That's the whole bloody problem.

Quote:
How many extrabiblical sources will do it for you?
Just one...provided it contains verifiable facts and not Bible apologetics

Quote:
Do you doubt that Plato existed?
Already been through this with you. Go check it out.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
What a surprise. The 'proof' once again turns out to be Tacitus, Josephus, Suetonius, the Talmud etc. When will these Christians give up on this tripe??
Quote:
Oh pleeeease GldnRain. You've already produced this nonsense on two previous occasions and it's no better now then it was then. THEY ARE ALL EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS.....GET IT?
Quote:
No, we'd prefer you to use facts...wherever they come from.
Whatever you say. But you seem to be a bit selective about facts.

Quote:
Just one...provided it contains verifiable facts and not Bible apologetics

So historical writings by pagans won't do it for you either

Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,797,345 times
Quote:
Whatever you say. But you seem to be a bit selective about facts.
Not at all. The facts are the facts. I don't pick and choose them. The facts are there is no evidence for your Biblejesus or any other Jesus for that matter. Live with it.

Quote:
So historical writings by pagans won't do it for you either
Whether they are from Pagans or Christians is irrelevant. What is relevant is that they are factual. All you have given us in your links is the usual, million times debunked tripe regarding Josephus, Suetonius, Thallas et al.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:07 PM

Non-christian website.

Quotations Relevant to Josephus' Jesus Account

Old 04-27-2011, 04:08 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,625,623 times
Ok new one to me.. there are writings from the time of Jesus where people ACTUALLY( not hearsay from people who tells stories of others who saw him) saw or met him?

Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Josephus on Jesus | Forgery and Fraud? | Flavius Testimonium

Old 04-27-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Ok new one to me.. there are writings from the time of Jesus where people ACTUALLY( not hearsay from people who tells stories of others who saw him) saw or met him?
There is a collection such accounts. Mark, Matthew and John. I know the skeptics will disagree, but the NT has been challeged since at least 1750 to no avail (despite what you read on the internet).

OK. I see we are at the point where both sides will cite links to support their case. There is plenty of stuff floating around on the internet. Some of it true. But at least you are taking the time to cite sources to support your POV.

Time to find another topic with which to stir the pot!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
There is a collection such accounts. Mark, Matthew and John. I know the skeptics will disagree, but the NT has been challeged since at least 1750 to no avail (despite what you read on the internet).

OK. I see we are at the point where both sides will cite links to support their case. There is plenty of stuff floating around on the internet. Some of it true. But at least you are taking the time to cite sources to support your POV.

Time to find another topic with which to stir the pot!
I have read in several places that there are many contradictions in mark and such

New Testament Contradictions

Old 04-27-2011, 04:30 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,610,130 times
Quote:
Oh pleeeease GldnRain. You've already produced this nonsense on two previous occasions and it's no better now then it was then. THEY ARE ALL EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS.....GET IT?
It's no different than if I put up links auguring that an embryo is the existence of a distinct, separate, human being...and you say. "But Gldn, THEY ARE ALL EMBRYOLOGISTS...GET IT?".

CHRISTians...arguing that Jesus (aka The CHRIST) existed...same thing. Get it?

Plus...I can always count on your reaction...and that alone is worth the effort to put it up again. You even broke out the "GldnRain"! FYI, I'm smiling with a slight chuckle right now as I type this.

Moderator cut: Off topic

Last edited by june 7th; 04-28-2011 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality