Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 03:09 PM

205 posts, read 239,541 times

Advertisements

First and for most Christianity is NOT a religion it is a relationship between you and God. religion is evil tells you to do this and that and don't do that and maybe be good enough to go to heaven. Christianity is the only accurate conclusion unfortunately the BIBLE wasn't written in English so we have a lot of misinterpretations and our Ministers do not know original languages and turn God into a genie or lucky charm. go here to learn the truth of why we are here
tell everyone been asked to put this on net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56NC60GQj08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Or they could just be different paths to the same goal. Who said there's only one right way?

The holy books of the different religions. And they're all the true words of the only true god, too. They say so themselves.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:11 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
It's the First Commandment, even among Muslims, There is no GOD but GOD. Chistians Jews and Moslems can commit no greater sin than worshipping another GOD
It's the same God. Religions just fight over the details. The important part is that God is love and that the God everyone worships is the same God--even if they only recognized some aspects or recognize each aspect of God differently. When you look at the core of the Bible, the Qur'an, or any other holy text, the message is Love. All the violence and petty rules are fluff. But what really matters is that core message of Love. God is love and there are infinite pathways to that God that is love.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,958,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
First and for most Christianity is NOT a religion it is a relationship between you and God. religion is evil tells you to do this and that and don't do that and maybe be good enough to go to heaven. Christianity is the only accurate conclusion unfortunately the BIBLE wasn't written in English so we have a lot of misinterpretations and our Ministers do not know original languages and turn God into a genie or lucky charm. go here to learn the truth of why we are here
tell everyone been asked to put this on net.
In the spirit of playing semantic games with commonly understood concepts:

Beer is not an alcoholic beverage, rather it's a personal relationship between the drinker and barley.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:09 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
Beer is not an alcoholic beverage, rather it's a personal relationship between the drinker and barley.
ROFL! Many Christians would be surprised to hear that Christianity is not a religion.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:04 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The holy books of the different religions. And they're all the true words of the only true god, too. They say so themselves.
Fluff. Kind of like the verses about different color threads and not touching pig skin, etc.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:34 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
I thank you all for posting on my thread...although I never did receive a plausible answer from the actual people I posed the question to...but I guess it's difficult to defend something when the participants themselves cannot agree on anything.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:09 AM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
Go here to find out why we are here on this earth and more
Go here to find out why Hitler killed the Jews and why God allowed it
Baront70 you tube
Go where? You forgot to provide a link, genius.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:15 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Now, if you would please...let's discuss the questions I actually posed...I would love to hear your thoughts.
Since most of the premises in your opening statement are false, there is little there to discuss.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:48 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Gullibility is one of humanity's most indoctrinated and ingrained traits. Tell us what we should believe in and we will die convinced it is true. Show us, and we will hate all who disagree. We are all too quick to accept our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs...without ever actually examining those beliefs. 90% of all the earth's population have exactly the same religion.....Whatever Mommy, Daddy & your culture tell you is true.
This fact alone causes the majority of our wars and societal problems. We are RIGHT. We are GOOD. We have the TRUE RELIGION. All the others are DISGUSTING FILTH or in league with satan. They must be converted, hated or killed. Either way they will spend the rest of a billion forevers in everlasting hell. WE have the REAL Scripture. THEIRS are phony, and evil lies.
That, my friends, is your heritage. Almost every person on the earth, in one form or another, holds this view. Simply because that's what their parents have taught them. That's how the System works, and sustains itself. The only thing that separates a Christian from a Budhist, Hindi, Muslim, etc...is GEOGRAPHY. Our indoctrinated and ingrained beliefs are a direct product of our geographical location and the beliefs of the people who raised us.

Why do the "Muslims" hate the "Christians"? For exactly the same reasons the "Christians" hate the "Muslims." Why do the Christians hate "Budhists, Hindis, New Agers, etc??? THEY are not US. And only the US (and those who side with US) are right and have the one and only truth.

The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, do not care to find things out for yourselves. The overwhelming majority of you, statistically, will NEVER EXAMINE YOUR BELIEFS NOR ANYONE ELSE'S BELIEFS...to see if what you've been indoctrinated with could possibly be untrue.

Put as simply as possible:
Just because a government tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a church tells you something does not make it true.
Just because a media outlet tells you something does not make it true.
Just because your parents tell you something does not make it true.
Just because I tell you something does not make it true.
Just because any XYZ tells you anything, does not make it true.

So...I am asking for some open discussion on exactly what makes Christianity any more the TRUE RELIGION than any other religion. I would also like to know the steps you've taken in studying other religions to rule them out as the TRUE RELIGION.

For the Christians, specifically, I'd like to know exactly what you think of Jesus teachings when he stated: "Love your neighbor, as yourself...Love your enemy, turn the other cheek, etc..." Apparently your neighbors only include those who believe as you do and it has been made plainly clear, by all the wars we are involved in, that you don't love your enemies...I don't believe this is what Jesus taught...so tell me why or how you came to the conclusion that Jesus didn't know what he was talking about...since Christians completely ignore these things.
Can I play devil's advocate (even our disambiguations are Christianized) for a moment?

Christians believe they are the chosen few....the elite of society. this is why they ignore the basic tenants you describe above. They can justify their bad behavior against their neighbor because the neighbor is a non-believer...a fool....one not worthy of acknowledgement.

Now IMO, it is a sickness when one doesn't evaluate their beliefs on a regular basis.... A child re-evaluates the belief that no one can see them if they hide under a blanket... An adult re-evaluates thie belief that everything goes the way they want.

These beliefs are directly disobedient to the the commands given by God and Jesus whom they supposedly revere.... Love God and your neighbor as yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality