Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Konraden, to some degree I'll have to disagree with you, it is possible to have lived an ordinary life without encountering all the different illnesses, I have never had the common cold nor have I ever had the flu, I have never had any of the childhood diseases that I had come in contact with, such as the measles,chickenpox,mumps,smallpox, whooping cough, I can't even get a reaction to poison ivy or poison oak even though I have been exposed to it any number of times, I have never had an infection of any kind and when I do get a cut, I will heal very quickly. Now I have had two major surgeries, one was to remove my gallbladder, at the time it was on the verge of rupturing but as soon as it was removed I started to heal almost immediately and within a matter of days I was back to normal and working with no complications at all. The second surgery, was open heart surgery due to a birth defect of which I had no symptoms at all, three days after surgery I was home and back to my normal routine of doing things. I have lived through many things and have seen many of my friends pass away, far too many, and yet I'm still here and still as healthy as I was in my late twenties and early thirties because I have taken care of myself, I have always watched what I eat and drink and I've always done it in moderation, never in excess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If I don't get sick, then how can you say I was sick?
Being sick and being symptomatic are separate. You could be sick and not show symptoms. I challenge you both to be tested for latent antibodies for common illnesses if you are so sure you've never been ill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
I have been, at Johns Hopkins University, along with my father and his father.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:05 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
Being sick and being symptomatic are separate. You could be sick and not show symptoms. I challenge you both to be tested for latent antibodies for common illnesses if you are so sure you've never been ill.
Being sick is all in the symptoms. If you have no symptoms, then you're not sick.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:15 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,713,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
You mean like the atheist do when grouping all religious people together?
Which ones specifically, and what about them? The only one generalizing here seems to be you.

Quote:
Quite honestly, you really have nothing to lose.
I have nothing to lose if I choose an ineffective treatment for a disease instead of proven medical science? Explain how that works.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:41 AM

I could point out two specifically. But calling someone out on the forum by name is grounds for termination.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,852,858 times
Quote:
Being sick is all in the symptoms. If you have no symptoms, then you're not sick.
So let me get this straight TK. You are telling us that in the whole time you have been planted on this planet you have never had an upset stomach, a sore throat, an infected cut on your finger, a cough, a common cold or influenza?? If this really is the case, might I suggest that you change what you have under your username from "No one special" to "Frickin' Superman".

Old 05-04-2011, 08:31 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Which ones specifically, and what about them? The only one generalizing here seems to be you.

I have nothing to lose if I choose an ineffective treatment for a disease instead of proven medical science? Explain how that works.
KC, oh how I love how you cut and past things for quotes. Never putting the whole thing so you can take it out of context. You would make a great reporter or even politician.

There are many atheists on here that group all religions together as simply religion or religious people do this and that. I am not the only one on here that generalizes and you know it. I'm not playing your games, i know what your agenda is on here.

And you have nothing to lose by trying it out. I never said replace it with medicine you know works. That would be careless. If after trying it out you feel that you don't need it, consult your Dr. and go from there. Mine said I don't need to use the steroids anymore. He suggested keeping one handy in case of emergency.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,063,228 times
Quote:
not necessarily. you could get sick later, from being infected. it wouldn't be sickness, you are right. but the infection itself is still bad because it will lead to sickness or death.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
not necessarily. you could get sick later, from being infected. it wouldn't be sickness, you are right. but the infection itself is still bad because it will lead to sickness or death.
However, I haven't BEEN sick. Which is my whole point.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,570 times
Quote:
You can be sick without being symptomatic.

Quote:
However, I haven't BEEN sick. Which is my whole point.
That is an unbelievable statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality