Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:18 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times

Advertisements

Just before I moved out of South Florida a few years ago, I used to live near a Kingdom Hall (doesn't everybody?). Members used to frequent a nearby supermarket plaza to "witness" to folks. In years past, it was very easy to ignore them or brush 'em off, but then I noticed a big change. Geared toward men like me, were some hot looking girls, dressed on the very edge of conservative with a hint of sexiness. I mean, what happened to the old, boring looking Mother Goose types? I was shocked when this shapely, Hispanic girl walked up to me, wanting to give me a Watchtower magazine. Of course I was interested...in the magazine too.

Personally, I think that was a low and dirty thing they started doing and if that was not bad enough, they even sent a beautiful, young Jamaican girl up to my door on another occasion. That is just to underhanded. You really don't expect me not to open my door when a 5'7", curvaceous, lovely faced woman walks up to your door with a smile, right?

Now here in New York, apparently they have not caught on yet because their representatives still are not eye-candy material.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Just before I moved out of South Florida a few years ago, I used to live near a Kingdom Hall (doesn't everybody?). Members used to frequent a nearby supermarket plaza to "witness" to folks. In years past, it was very easy to ignore them or brush 'em off, but then I noticed a big change. Geared toward men like me, were some hot looking girls, dressed on the very edge of conservative with a hint of sexiness. I mean, what happened to the old, boring looking Mother Goose types? I was shocked when this shapely, Hispanic girl walked up to me, wanting to give me a Watchtower magazine. Of course I was interested...in the magazine too.

Personally, I think that was a low and dirty thing they started doing and if that was not bad enough, they even sent a beautiful, young Jamaican girl up to my door on another occasion. That is just to underhanded. You really don't expect me not to open my door when a 5'7", curvaceous, lovely faced woman walks up to your door with a smile, right?

Now here in New York, apparently they have not caught on yet because their representatives still are not eye-candy material.
Perhaps they are dressed more with the times. I do believe they still dress more conservative that the mainstream people.
As far as the girls going to you it is possible they play the card you are saying. However, do you know that is a fact? To me it is hard to tell.
Wanting to see your point I may think there are some that know more about human nature and if they feel a young looking lady will get more attention without crossing the line of into the indicent area maybe it is a good strategy, who know. I would say give them credit.
Also, they are human and who know some of the girls think you are good looking and maybe they see you as future marriage material.
Another possibility is subconsiously they may try to increase the male pool in the organization for them to have more choices out there.

I know this because I was a Jehovah's Witness a loooooong time ago when growing up and my mother converted to one. They are human as anybody else as much as they try to be moral and righteous. Overall, they still to me a very nice people trying to behave in a way that is very uncoventional than most of us and I will say that takes guts, take care.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Perhaps they are dressed more with the times. I do believe they still dress more conservative that the mainstream people.
As far as the girls going to you it is possible they play the card you are saying. However, do you know that is a fact? To me it is hard to tell.
Wanting to see your point I may think there are some that know more about human nature and if they feel a young looking lady will get more attention without crossing the line of into the indicent area maybe it is a good strategy, who know. I would say give them credit.
Also, they are human and who know some of the girls think you are good looking and maybe they see you as future marriage material.
Another possibility is subconsiously they may try to increase the male pool in the organization for them to have more choices out there.

I know this because I was a Jehovah's Witness a loooooong time ago when growing up and my mother converted to one. They are human as anybody else as much as they try to be moral and righteous. Overall, they still to me a very nice people trying to behave in a way that is very uncoventional than most of us and I will say that takes guts, take care.
Well, thanks for the info but I was just clowning around. I've met and known many JWs. Most were very fine people. they don't bother me. I've invited them into my home and spoken to them in front of my door and sent them away frustrated when they realized I knew more about their sect than they wish I did and that I too have all kinds of objections to "Christendom" like they do but DON'T need their variation of the same basic ingredients of the Kool-Aid. Outside of that, they try to do what's right it seems.

Now, that Hispanic girl was smoking. Me and her in a Watch Tower would be mythical because we would really be Awake. lol

Old 05-09-2011, 10:37 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:

did you ever get them to describe the kinds of sins they were talking about? maybe even talk one into a demonstration?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
did you ever get them to describe the kinds of sins they were talking about? maybe even talk one into a demonstration?
Hmm...never thought of that. I think I need to book a flight back to Ft. Lauderdale and visit that Kingdom Hall. Hopefully she has not yet seen the light and abandoned the joint.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well, thanks for the info but I was just clowning around. I've met and known many JWs. Most were very fine people. they don't bother me. I've invited them into my home and spoken to them in front of my door and sent them away frustrated when they realized I knew more about their sect than they wish I did and that I too have all kinds of objections to "Christendom" like they do but DON'T need their variation of the same basic ingredients of the Kool-Aid. Outside of that, they try to do what's right it seems.

Now, that Hispanic girl was smoking. Me and her in a Watch Tower would be mythical because we would really be Awake. lol
Now, the smoking part does surprise me. Way back then it was a no no. They have changed it seems. I did not catch you were clowning, take care.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Now, the smoking part does surprise me. Way back then it was a no no. They have changed it seems. I did not catch you were clowning, take care.
Well, when you have a body like she did, the dress couldn't help but hug it. She was dressed conservatively, mind you, but her perfect shape could not be hidden.

*mouth watering*

Old 05-09-2011, 10:57 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,944 times
Quote:

What..Your telling me they have to dress like grandma's
LMAO
Im one..and I dress very classy and sexy..
this made me laugh so hard..

Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Well, when you have a body like she did, the dress couldn't help but hug it. She was dressed conservatively, mind you, but her perfect shape could not be hidden.

*mouth watering*
I do not blame you. You would not be a human being if you did not feel that way. Beauty has not boundaries and it seems she was very beautifuly created by Jehovah. Maybe you need to see what they believe, who knows you may like it. (pun intended? I let you wonder), take care.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
What..Your telling me they have to dress like grandma's
LMAO
Im one..and I dress very classy and sexy..
this made me laugh so hard..
You are one what? Jehovah's Witness? Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality