Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:22 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
Now, do you remember what happened on New Years Eve all over the world. I attended Benediction Mass at 11pm. I went before the alter with My Bible in hand turned to the congregation and spoke very Truthful words that concern Me and My Truths and at that moment, 5000 birds fell from the sky, 2 million fish washed ashore and these kind of heavenly events happened all over the world. And, if you want to know exactly what I said then read My post that is in the Religion and philosophy forum.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayCoolJr View Post
I have several friends and neighbors who are "Christian". When I say that I mean they were born and raised that way but few believe it.

They openly admit that most in their church have a LOT of doubt about the religion. 80% of churches in America are shrinking and doubt is at an all time high.

Even the Pope has talked about the slow death of Christianity in the west.

When I talk to my Christian friends about the 2nd coming they LAUGH!! Most say if it were real it would've already happened by now!! Remember all the Christian groups who went to Palestine in 2000 expecting Jesus to come? That really worked out.

The very fact that the bible does NOT give a date only shows they have NO confidence in it. If they REALLY believed this Jesus was coming back why not have the confidence to give a date? They dont' because they KNEW he would NOT come and the religion would die off as a FRAUD!

My Christian friends say the 2nd coming probably has another meaning that literally coming back. I take it many of you Christians must agree right?

I mean the odds of Jesus arriving on earth are the same as Space Godzilla landing on earth. It ain't happening!!
I will never stop believing Jesus is returning. I laugh at people like you because your mentality and your unbelief is the exact way Jesus predicted it would be before he returned. He said things would be just as in the days of Noah. NO ONE believed God was going to flood the Earth. No one believed Noah when he told them to get on the ark to be saved. And they all perished that fateful day when the Ark closed and God flooded the entire Earth with water. Now - with the exception of their children - they are all in Hell for an eternity never to see the light of day again. This is just how it's going to be when Jesus returns. People eating, drinking, getting married, not believing, killing, stealing, etc. Thinking life would go on as usual. Of course ridiculing christians until one fateful day, the clouds are going to roll back, Jesus will take his church and the holy spirit to Heaven, and leave the unbelieving world behind to suffer for 7 years under the world rule of the antichrist. That is really sad and it doesn't have to be your fate if you repent and turn to Jesus. But if you wanna go the way the people of Noah's time and citizens of Sodom and Gomorrah did, that is totally your choice.

When Jesus DOES return and he will SOON, don't say nobody warned you. The Bible says clearly what is to come in the last days. Which we are in if you didn't realize. You talk about what's going on in the church and church attendance?! More Christians not believing that Jesus is returning? More people leaving the church and faith?! Wow. Thanks for pointing out the hella obvious that was already predicted more than 2,000 years ago in the Bible. If you don't believe he's coming DESPITE all the prophecy in front of you that is coming true, that is your own problem and fate. There is still time to turn away from that and come to Jesus. But you gotta humble your heart. Jesus says

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.

Pride is the #1 thing that has sent BILLIONS of human beings to Hell. Too prideful to repent. Too prideful to forgive. To prideful to turn away from evil and come into the light. Too prideful to surrender themselves to Jesus. Pride is DEADLY. Take it from someone who fears for their own prideful family member. Pride is much more than what you make of it. It is a DISEASE that can send you to your eternal fate if you don't have the discernment to regconize you have it and get rid of it and change your heart before your day of death arrives. You need to humble yourself in heart, mind, and spirit before you can change and surrender yourself to the Lord. If you feel you cannot, ask the Lord to change your heart before it's too late. Don't be another person who gets left behind in this world. Many are going to because they are too blinded and caught up by things of this world like technology, television, Hollywood, and other crap to care about their own souls and fates. They are too blinded to think about Jesus. You need to turn away from your way of living and come into the kingdom of God. There is STILL time.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:21 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times
Hey Rufius, how is the PIGGS economy doing? You're about to witness the Power of the Father, who gives His Son, Jesus Christ authority over the Earth, in all things. It is done.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:28 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayCoolJr View Post
I have several friends and neighbors who are "Christian". When I say that I mean they were born and raised that way but few believe it.

They openly admit that most in their church have a LOT of doubt about the religion. 80% of churches in America are shrinking and doubt is at an all time high.

Even the Pope has talked about the slow death of Christianity in the west.

When I talk to my Christian friends about the 2nd coming they LAUGH!! Most say if it were real it would've already happened by now!! Remember all the Christian groups who went to Palestine in 2000 expecting Jesus to come? That really worked out.

The very fact that the bible does NOT give a date only shows they have NO confidence in it. If they REALLY believed this Jesus was coming back why not have the confidence to give a date? They dont' because they KNEW he would NOT come and the religion would die off as a FRAUD!

My Christian friends say the 2nd coming probably has another meaning that literally coming back. I take it many of you Christians must agree right?

I mean the odds of Jesus arriving on earth are the same as Space Godzilla landing on earth. It ain't happening!!

The 80% showing the church shrinking would be in keeping with the end time prophecies. This is just more confirmation of the Biblical truth. Scripture tells us that just before the return of Christ there would be a great falling away from the church. Scripture also tell us another sign of Christ return would be the return of the Jewish people to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem. And Scripture shows us this return would anger many nations around the world. The evidence for Christ return is already happening. Non believers just ignore it. And Jesus said His return would be just like the flood of Noah. They did not pay any attention until it was to late.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:46 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
No one believed Noah when he told them to get on the ark to be saved.
You need to brush up on your bible myths, Allen. Noah never told anyone anything. Well, at least your myth-book does not say he did. Gotta lay off those bible story books and made for television movies.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hey Rufius, how is the PIGGS economy doing? You're about to witness the Power of the Father, who gives His Son, Jesus Christ authority over the Earth, in all things. It is done.
Hey Lion! How goes the battle friend. Listen man, here's an opportunity for you to prove that you are Jesus as you claim. I'm going to America (New England) tomorrow for a week. The weather there is set to be rubbish. How about you change that and give me wall-to-wall sunshine and high temperatures. I'd be really grateful pal!

Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Hey Rufius, how is the PIGGS economy doing?
Better than the American economy.

Quote:
You're about to witness the Power of the Father, who gives His Son, Jesus Christ authority over the Earth, in all things. It is done.
Well at least give us a clue what to expect mate! Or is this another one of your 'something is going to happen' prophecies, then you wait to see if something does happen...anything, and then you're going to jump up and say 'See! Told ya!!'

Last edited by Rafius; 05-09-2011 at 02:39 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 01:55 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The 80% showing the church shrinking would be in keeping with the end time prophecies. This is just more confirmation of the Biblical truth. Scripture tells us that just before the return of Christ there would be a great falling away from the church. Scripture also tell us another sign of Christ return would be the return of the Jewish people to the land of Israel, and Jerusalem. And Scripture shows us this return would anger many nations around the world. The evidence for Christ return is already happening. Non believers just ignore it. And Jesus said His return would be just like the flood of Noah. They did not pay any attention until it was to late.
Here's a little test:

Show me one New Testament passage AFTER the Jews had long since returned from Babylon hundreds of years prior (to the New Testament period) and then see if you can figure out why 99.9% of the so-called "end time" prophecies about Israel are in the Old Testament BEFORE they returned from Babylon.

Old 05-09-2011, 02:23 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,179 times
Well, Rafius, Where I am, it is wall to wall sunshine. And, welcome to America. Hope your trip is not a bumpy one. Now, as far as the PIGGS economy, its about to take a tumble. You know Rafius, the whole world's economy is trembling. Even China's.
But, on the bright side of things, My hometown, Pittsburgh, Pa, is in the top seven when it comes to our economy

Old 05-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Well, Rafius, Where I am, it is wall to wall sunshine.
Yeah! But I want it where I'm going not where you are.

...and are you going to give us a clue about what you're predicting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality