Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:36 PM

617 posts, read 693,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Are there any Muslim countries that you support?
look, I support all muslims countries unless they are cause of misery in another State Even if non-Muslim country, When is any Muslim country, conducted the war on any country I will stop my support and I announce my refusing to its policy

Not biased for it is just muslim,May be a Muslim country, but It does not represent Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,025,090 times
squall-lionheart:
Jews are famous for being stingy, even in religion
They don't wish for anyone to become jews ...
You know what I mean don't you

What an anti-semitic remark... Anyone can become Jewish. There are many Jews by choice... We just don't proselytize....

We don't believe that you will go to hell for not being Jewish. You don't need to be Jewish to have a relationship with G-d...

And like I said Jews were in the middle east long before there were Muslims. They were in Israel up to the modern period.

Do you know what the word Islam mean ?
It means surrender to the One God ...
so when you say before Islam it is like when you say before any prophet came to tell the people that there is only one God & that only shows your ignorance over the issue
And one last thing .. you dont believe jesus was a prophet .
You (Jews )Handed him to the Romans to crucify him .

There was no Islam before Muhammad...... Islam is about 1400 years old..... Yes I know Muslims like to think that they were here first and that in the beginning there was Islam but that is not the case... Islam is the baby on the block....

Jesus was a Jewish man who was crucified by the Romans..... But of course you Muslims believe he was taken up and didn't die... So what does it matter??

You see in Christian tradition he was supposed to die because without his death there is not salvation through his blood.....

You clearly don't really know much about Judaism... There really is more to it then what you have cut and pasted in your replies....

Last edited by Jazzymom; 05-25-2011 at 04:21 PM..

Old 05-25-2011, 04:18 PM

439 posts, read 553,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
We don't believe that you will go to hell for not being Jewish. You don't need to be Jewish to have a relationship with G-d....
we beleive in this hadith

By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell.”

notice that the prophet mentioned Jew and Christian

what about the others

the others are also included

the others do not have holy books

and the people who have holy books must follow him
so those who do not have holy books A fortiori

Old 05-25-2011, 04:45 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,511,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Exactly. Though somehow I don't think many Palestinian and Israeli residents would be huge fans of admitting that fact.

I wish the Aramaic and Phoenician alphabets could display on my computer so I can learn them online. Unfortunately they can't, and it helps that Arabic and Hebrew are still spoken and used as writing systems in modern times.

BTW I'm a linguist at heart (hence the Noam Chomsky reference in my user name) so I love comparing languages like this.

Most jews I know of are glad to admit that arabic and hebrew have common roots - and Jeiwsh Israelis have a somewhat easier time learning arabic (and israeli and palestinian arabs a somewhat easier time learning Hebrew) as a result.

However having picked up an arabic english dictionary, and trying to see how many words I could pick out with my conversational level hebrew, I can assure you they are NOT like dialects of the same language. More like English and German, say. There are common words, and words that are different but obviously have common roots. (al quds, hakodesh, for example) and then there are false friends - lechem lahum - bread in Hebrew, meat in Arabic. And words that have nothing in common at all.

Aramaic, (i know a tiny bit from talmud study, certain jewish prayers, etc) is closer to hebrew than Arabic, IIUC - as aramaic and hebrew are both survivors of west semitic, while Arabic is the main (only?) survivor of south semitic.

The modern hebrew alphabet is directly derived from the Aramaic alphabet, IIUC. It displaced the original hebrew alphabet around 100BCE. Which is why its so hard for someone who reads hebrew to read ancient hebrew inscriptions, without special training.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Most of us are anti-Zionism, We do not hate Jews, but do disagree with their belief. We see Zionism as a political movement and not as a religion.

The zionist government of Israel is against all Palestinians, not just the Muslim Palestinians but also the Christian, Jewish, Druze and Atheist Palestinians.

We are biased I admit. But being biased does not automatically mean prejudiced.

you are correct zionism is not a religion. However Jews are not simply a religion, but historically a distinct people. Zionism is the national movement of the Jewish people. In fact only a handful of Jews are not Zionist - mostly either religious extremists like the hassidim, disdainful of all modern politics - or marginal jews, with little connection to jewish religion OR culture. Maybe a few others. Most jews who disagree with the policies of the current govt of Israel are still Zionists - they want a DIFFERENT (usually more dovish) zionist party, labour or Kadima or Meretz to be the govt of Israel

Some of us believe a peace agreement with the palestinians will be the ultimate fulfillment of the Zionist vision - an Israel at peace with its neighbors.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The zionist government of Israel is against all Palestinians, not just the Muslim Palestinians but also the Christian, Jewish, Druze and Atheist Palestinians.
Actually IIUC most Israeli Druze are hostile to palestinian nationalism. many of them support the right wing Likud party, and at least one was a likud cabinet minister.

yup, this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayoob_Kara

he actually opposed the Israeli withdrawl from Gaza, which most dovish and centrist Israelis supported.

And if he doesnt count as a "real" druze because of his politics, can we also discount the antizionist jews?

Old 05-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
we beleive in this hadith

By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of Hell.”

notice that the prophet mentioned Jew and Christian

what about the others

the others are also included

the others do not have holy books

and the people who have holy books must follow him
so those who do not have holy books A fortiori
I don't follow your qur'an, and I don't follow the New Testament... They are just books of those who follow those religions...

The more you speak the more thankful I am to be Jewish......

Old 05-26-2011, 06:26 AM

570 posts, read 731,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
As a matter of fact, I do support Israel. But does Israel represent me, or influence how I think about things? Absolutely not. That's because I happen to be an American, not an Israeli.
One of the biggest contradictions I've ever seen in my life
I will till u why :
*They don't represent you because you are an American not Israeli .
Ok ...
you are talking about nationalty here ( I understand that part )
But as we all know Israel is a country that founded on the basis of religious belief , Yes they could not represent you when it comes into political approach but they do represent you as Jews .
*They dont influence how u think about things ..
Good .. so according to that you supposed to be against the principle of displacement & indiscriminate bombing of Houses inhabited by innocent Palestinian women and children ( I understand that part too )
What I dont understand is how come you support Israel !!!
That partial word seems like a puzzle to me !!
support means believe & If you believe in something you are automatically influenced by it one way or another , That is why I finde your reply Contradictory and that is exactly why I believe anyone who support Israel is a Zionist .. it Can not be separated one from another & If you try to do that the result would be contradictory as we all see here .
There are Jews who do not support Israel ...
If you asked them why They'll tell you that they disapproves of the principle of the occupation and killing of innocent people .
You are obviously not one of them .

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 05-26-2011 at 07:00 AM..

Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
One of the biggest contradictions I've ever seen in my life
I will till u why :
*They don't represent you because you are an American not Israeli .
Ok ...
you are talking about nationalty here ( I understand that part )
But as we all know Israel is a country that founded on the basis of religious belief , Yes they could not represent you when it comes into political approach but they do represent you as Jews .
*They dont influence how u think about things ..
Good .. so according to that you supposed to be against the principle of displacement & indiscriminate bombing of Houses inhabited by innocent Palestinian women and children ( I understand that part too )
What I dont understand is how come you support Israel !!!
That partial word seems like a puzzle to me !!
support means believe & If you believe in something you are automatically influenced by it one way or another , That is why I finde your reply Contradictory and that is exactly why I believe anyone who support Israel is a Zionist .. it Can not be separated one from another & If you try to do that the result would be contradictory as we all see here .
There are Jews who do not support Israel ...
If you asked them why They'll tell you that they disapproves of the principle of the occupation and killing of innocent people .
You are obviously not one of them .
Originally Posted by Fred314X
As a matter of fact, I do support Israel. But does Israel represent me, or influence how I think about things? Absolutely not. That's because I happen to be an American, not an Israeli.

This is not a contradiction.... I am Jewish, Israel is the Jewish state and a safe haven for Jews. I support the Jewish state. I am not an Israeli so the Jewish state does not represent me, it represents its citizens all of them Jew and non Jew.

Jews all have different opinions on Israel but when it comes down to it we all understand that we can never depend on others for our safety and there needs to be a Jewish state where we are in charge of our own destiny. That has been proven historically. I understand that Israel has NO peace partner in with the Palestinians. I understand that Israel needs to remain strong. Israel has many enemies.

I am a zionist, not all Jews are zionists.

As to killing innocents that is a 2 way street. Palestinians kill innocents as well but that seems to be ok because after all they are just Israelis, they are just Jews.

You know when you play with fire you get burned. When you kill innocent Israelis be they Jews, Arabs, Christians, and Druize you might just wake up a hornets nest.

Israel has a right to protect its citizens and as long as hamas sends rockets into Israel and as long as there are suicide bombers and palestinians willing to massacre whole families then I support Israel's response.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 AM

570 posts, read 731,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom

What an anti-semitic remark...
What a consumable word
Quote:
Anyone can become Jewish. There are many Jews by choice... We just don't proselytize....
I never said you don't allow anyone to become jews I said u don't wish for anyone to become jews !!
You just confirm my words ...that is what I am saying .. you don't proselytize ... because you don't wish for anyone to be proselytized
Quote:
We don't believe that you will go to hell for not being Jewish. You don't need to be Jewish to have a relationship with G-d...
I already responded to that !!
Quote:
And like I said Jews were in the middle east long before there were Muslims. They were in Israel up to the modern period.
I already responded to that too .. I am still waiting for you reply about it :
Quote:
So if my ancestors were living in a house a thousand years ago that now inhabited by other people this gives me the right to expel and kill them !!
Strange Logic

Quote:
There was no Islam before Muhammad...... Islam is about 1400 years old..... Yes I know Muslims like to think that they were here first and that in the beginning there was Islam but that is not the case... Islam is the baby on the block....
Like to think !!!
Ok I will till u what ... Go to any Web site translation & translated the meaning of the word Islam .. one other thing .. if you could till me that Moses didt till the people that there is only one God then you are right .. we just like to think that as u say !!
What more of a brove do you want ?!!
Quote:
Jesus was a Jewish man who was crucified by the Romans..... But of course you Muslims believe he was taken up and didn't die... So what does it matter??
Prove the principle of infidelity .
Quote:
You see in Christian tradition he was supposed to die because without his death there is not salvation through his blood.....

You clearly don't really know much about Judaism... There really is more to it then what you have cut and pasted in your replies....
Enlighten me ... don't you wish for me to be proselytized
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality