U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 02:42 PM

610 posts, read 305,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What, exactly, do you mean by that? "Trust" in what way? As in, being secure in the knowledge it contains, or complete blind faith that every word is supposed to be taken literally (which most Jews know is not the case).
OK, I meant Is it is the same Torah that was revealed to Moses, peace be upon him by her word ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 04:47 AM

570 posts, read 363,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
It was written by dictation. He had people around him write down what he told them to with whatever was available at the time. Some Muslims have suggested to me that some of the Koran was written in his own blood and his own fecies. Why you wish peace apon such a horrible demonic man is beyond me.
As u said ... its beyond u ...
So ... could u please till us more about those "Some Muslims " ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
Great but you are difficult to understand by those reading what you write and that becomes a problem..
I've been informed before that I have a problem in communication especially with Zionists .. Strangely that only happens at certain particular points where they suddenly stop understanding .

Old 06-01-2011, 05:31 AM

4,083 posts, read 2,571,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
As u said ... its beyond u ...
So ... could u please till us more about those "Some Muslims " ..

I've been informed before that I have a problem in communication especially with Zionists .. Strangely that only happens at certain particular points where they suddenly stop understanding .
You inability to write comprehendible english has nothing to do with my views on Israel.

I study Hebrew but I would never try to carry on conversations and expect to be understood 100% of the time. And if I did and someone said they could not understand what I was saying I would blame my poor Hebrew not the person who can't understand me.

You sentence structure is really hard to understand...

Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
You inability to write comprehendible english has nothing to do with my views on Israel.

I study Hebrew but I would never try to carry on conversations and expect to be understood 100% of the time. And if I did and someone said they could not understand what I was saying I would blame my poor Hebrew not the person who can't understand me.

You sentence structure is really hard to understand...
I am not trying to write a poem in English here ... !!
Any way ...
What are the things "Points" that you did not understand specifically and I will try to explain it in a better way ..

Old 06-01-2011, 06:55 AM

4,083 posts, read 2,571,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I am not trying to write a poem in English here ... !!
Any way ...
What are the things "Points" that you did not understand specifically and I will try to explain it in a better way ..

Who said you were trying to write a poem. You just seem to be unable to understand that your English is hard to understand sometimes...

Get over yourself and just accept it..

I have already told you what specifically I did not understand and instead of clarifying it you attacked me for daring to say I did not understand you.

You can go back and re read it, I don't intend to..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:04 AM

40,059 posts, read 19,796,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
OK, I meant Is it is the same Torah that was revealed to Moses?
Yes. Why would you think that it wasn't?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom
Who said you were trying to write a poem.
... !!!
forget it ..
Quote:
Get over yourself and just accept it..
What ever you say chief
Quote:
I have already told you what specifically I did not understan
No you did not ...
Quote:
and instead of clarifying it you attacked me for daring to say I did not understand you.
Attacking !!
You love that word don't u !!
Quote:
You can go back and re read it, I don't intend to..
Me too ...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Status: "I'm back--My silly human fell asleep" (set 24 days ago)

10,731 posts, read 4,241,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Yes. Why would you think that it wasn't?
Us Muslims believe it has been altered over the years. Especially the Translations. If you look at the Jewish understanding of it and compare it with the Christian understanding it is as if they are 2 different things.

I tend to believe the Jewish understanding will be the more accurate.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 PM

40,059 posts, read 19,796,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Us Muslims believe it has been altered over the years. Especially the Translations. If you look at the Jewish understanding of it and compare it with the Christian understanding it is as if they are 2 different things.

I tend to believe the Jewish understanding will be the more accurate.
Well, Christian-oriented translations of the Torah do have a particular slant, don't they? It would be surprising if they didn't. In my case, being Jewish, I am not concerned with the way a Christian translates or interprets the Torah.

In any case, as that relates to this thread...the name of Muhammad does not appear in Jewish scripture. There may be a word somewhere in there that sounds like it--but that would be nothing more than a coincidence.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 PM

226 posts, read 631,591 times
I translated this " מחמד " on Google translator and it came out "pets".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality