Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 08:41 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,449,819 times

Advertisements

I'd think that god is on the side of whoever invokes it. Since there is almost certainly no god, and almost certainly no god that would intervene in human affairs, the invocation of support from god is a psychological crutch that may give the invoker some feeling of courage or justification that would otherwise not be rational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 08:46 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,474,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Its pretty well known that the curiously named School of the Americas trains assassins.

Government is a monster.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:47 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
In my opinion, in the Vietnam War God was on the side of the VIetnamese people needing a class society with bourgeois democratic principle. But the puppet governments always occurred and that always bolstered the Godless lust of the Viet Cong to ultimate military victory.

God is against military victories. At least Our Lady of Fatima claimed so.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:00 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,317,241 times
Quote:
I don't want this to go off subject and turn into a political discussion because the mods will yank the plug on this thread, but there is involvement by both sides.
Then why call it out as "right wing"?

Also, that's a long list, but correlation does not imply causation. Hence my analogy to the Unabomber.

I bet if you sampled folks from Hitler's SS or the Khmer Rouge or lots of other militaristic organizations that have a history of that behavior, you could find many common threads in their training and education. It doesn't mean that it was the intent of that training/education, however.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:09 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,857,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Ted Kaczynski went to Harvard, University of Michigan and taught at UC Berkley - are those institutions responsible for him becoming the Unabomber?
Since when does Harvard or U of Michigan train it's students how to torture shoot weapons and KILL?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Since when does Harvard or U of Michigan train it's students how to torture shoot weapons and KILL?
Kaczynski didn't torture anyone or shoot any weapons. You haven't answered the question, though.

Soldiers are trained to shoot weapons and kill. Do you have any proof that these men were taught how to torture people at the SoAs? Isn't it possible that they learned how to torture elsewhere?

What people do with the skills and training they have been given is no one's fault but their own.

I was in the Army, I was trained at Ft. Benning, I have never tortured or killed anyone.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Kaczynski didn't torture anyone or shoot any weapons. You haven't answered the question, though.

Soldiers are trained to shoot weapons and kill. Do you have any proof that these men were taught how to torture people at the SoAs? Isn't it possible that they learned how to torture elsewhere?

What people do with the skills and training they have been given is no one's fault but their own.

I was in the Army, I was trained at Ft. Benning, I have never tortured or killed anyone.
No you did not have to torture anyone because our government/military had their puppet soldiers from Latin American countries do their bidding for them.
It is common knowledge that our government/military taught touture technics,they admiited to it; before the School of America was moved to Fort Benning they would use homeless people to practice torture on.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
No you did not have to torture anyone because our government/military had their puppet soldiers from Latin American countries do their bidding for them.
It is common knowledge that our government/military taught touture technics,they admiited to it; before the School of America was moved to Fort Benning they would use homeless people to practice torture on.

Cites for those claims, please?

Old 05-13-2011, 09:27 AM

On September 20, 1996, under intense public pressure, the Pentagon was forced to release training manuals that were used at the School of the Americas for years. These manuals advocated torture, extortion, blackmail and the targeting of civilian populations. A Washington Post article by Dana Priest broke the story.

SOA Manuals Index | SOA Watch: Close the School of the Americas

Old 05-13-2011, 09:33 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
I believe that God is on the side of those who research psychology against the ideal anthropological theories of the decay of modern civilization.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality