Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:35 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,856,186 times

Advertisements

Teaching Torture - Page 1 - News - Los Angeles - LA Weekly

The interrogation manuals long used at the SOA were made public in May 2004? by the National Security Archive, an independent research group, and posted on its Web site after they were declassified following Freedom of Information Act requests by, among others, the Baltimore Sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:36 AM

2,331 posts, read 2,833,839 times
That was the living God, the living End.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,311,616 times
Most of those links are dead, and I can't read Spanish.

I did read the entire memo to Cheney about the violations in the training manuals, I see references to beating, execution, the use of truth serum on intelligence sources, and bounties for enemy dead. I don't see anything about blackmail, extortion or targeting civilians, however.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:16 AM

4,436 posts, read 4,856,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

I did read the entire memo to Cheney about the violations in the training manuals, I see references to beating, execution, the use of truth serum on intelligence sources, and bounties for enemy dead. I don't see anything about blackmail, extortion or targeting civilians, however.
A couple of secondary links seem to be broken like the one that would link this info
http://www.archivochile.com/Imperial...merica0010.pdf

You seem to want to dismiss the info I provided in this thread, there is much more info available but I see no reason to make the effort to locate it because no matter what I would post you will simply dismiss it.
Tell me are you also a "Holocaust denier"

Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 AM

28,355 posts, read 16,311,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
A couple of secondary links seem to be broken like the one that would link this info
http://www.archivochile.com/Imperial...merica0010.pdf

You seem to want to dismiss the info I provided in this thread, there is much more info available but I see no reason to make the effort to locate it because no matter what I would post you will simply dismiss it.
Tell me are you also a "Holocaust denier"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

LOL So, reporting back that the only linked document written in English on a site that YOU directed me to was the memo to Cheney is dismissing info? Further, read the bolded portion of my post - is that dismissal?

I'm not so naive to think that our government hasn't done and isn't doing some awful things. Is it wrong to ask for further reference when discussing something like this?

The jab about being a Holocaust denier is insulting and unwarranted, IMO. If you don't wish to discuss this with me, that's fine, but there's no call to be insulting - I don't believe I've been rude to you in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality