Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ummm...no man! GldnRain was suggesting I visit Berklee whilst I'm here on holiday. He thought it might be something of interest to me because I'm a musician .
I don't know Raf...this "dear, sweet, British man" thing is in serious conflict with "The Snarkmaster".

You can be "dear" and "sweet" for/to June...and you should be...but please don't lose your "edge" that you display on this board. I've become rather addicted to it...and the "withdrawal" would be terrible.

"GldnRain" still cracks me up. But it's an "inside" joke that I bet Awk didn't even know about when he "coined" the term.
I know some people that worked on a site by that name...that he probably didn't know about...but then, you never know, it might be where he got it from!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Rafius wrote:
Quote:
Did she lock you in the basement too??
No, in fact she wouldn't allow me to see the basement because it was too cluttered. I think she's had a lot of that stuff removed since then. I stayed in her son's room on the first two trips since he was at college and then on the couch on the last trip because Troop and his wife were also staying there. It would have been great if you could have been there on that particular trip. I know you'd really get along with Troop. I really think June has a cool house too, very New England.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I don't know Raf...this "dear, sweet, British man" thing is in serious conflict with "The Snarkmaster".
Fear not Lesser Mortal. "The Snarkmaster" is alive and well...just on his best behaviour whilst in the company of 'She Who Must Be Obeyed'.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:48 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,116,693 times
Something tells me that Rafius would have a much better time if he would just quit whinning and admit that she who must be obeyed knows best, and goes with the flow. After all, with the right incentive, being banished to the basement can't be all that bad. At least that is what I'm told.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
Something tells me that Rafius would have a much better time if he would just quit whinning
Boxes of American Yodals pacify him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masondaughter
she who must be obeyed knows best...

Old 05-16-2011, 09:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Hey, Can y'all get tickets to the Bruins games?
That would be a good way to give him a taste of the real Boston!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 05:55 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,273,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Hey, Can y'all get tickets to the Bruins games?
If June's not mistaken, the Bruins are hockey. Perhaps the Red Sox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow
That would be a good way to give him a taste of the real Boston!!!
He is just as happy with a box of Yodals!

Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Boxes of American Yodals pacify him.
What happened to the KFC plans?!

Old 05-17-2011, 11:17 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
What happened to the KFC plans?!

Yeah, a bucket of KFC (extra crispy) and a case of Budweiser, America's favorite.......

Old 05-17-2011, 11:45 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Cool He's baaaacckkkk! (we hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In a pinch you could always call in the Canadians!!!!!!!
I'd come to help you Rafi, but I haddah surrender my old Canook citizenship when I fled to the US. Perhaps sanspeur is available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
If June has an interesting overseas visitor and is suggesting a Mall, I would either take that as a hint that the said visitor is NOT interesting or that you should look in the yellow pages for a good psychotherapist for June ( skip the J's)
Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
She might give you the finer points of being a moderator. She'll show you how it's done.
Ah-hah! Now I see how C-D conscripts and indoctrinates it's next-in-line mods! A trip to the resident psychotherapist...er... trainer, and soon, you're thinking right-proper, mate!

Well., best of luck, Rafi; I understand you've probably now made good your escape by running out of the local KFC back entrance and sneaking into the landing gear bay of a departing AirBus 380 at Logan for the somewhat chilly trip back to Europe. {shudder!!!}

You'll have to share the smuggled-out classified photoz here later! We can hardly wait!

[PS: I do hope you got to visit Legal SeaFoods™ at Long Wharf....]

Signed: a fan of the both of youz! (Ohhh... gotta go! Nurse Kratchette is back with my gruel and meds!!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality