Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 07:59 AM

118 posts, read 110,860 times

Advertisements

Seeker, your post gave me a good chuckle. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
In the mid 90's, gay marriage was legalized here in SA.

The poles reversed, there were tsunamis of biblical proportions wiping out the entire coastline of SA, there were major earthquakes rendering the major cities to rubble, the sky turned red and there were pestilences everywhere.

Here is the evidence of the apocalypse

Durban

Port Elizabeth

Cape Town

Johannesburg

Sunrise East Coast SA

Sunset West Coast SA

Oops - wrong fairy tale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM

6,152 posts, read 7,165,433 times
I wonder how Hermaphrodites fit into all this? People born with both male and female sex organs. They are both male and female. I think homosexuality is very similar. There are biological factors before birth that leads to "physical" developments of a person becoming a Hermaphrodite. There are biological factors before birth that leads to "mental" developments of a person becoming a Homosexual.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:08 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,849,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
My point still stands that everyone disagrees on what it means to "walk as a Christian". The Bible is very open to interpretation despite many conservatives claim. For example, some Christians claim faith saves, other say works are required. The Bible can be interpreted both ways. Or physical baptism vs. Baptism by the Spirit. Both have Biblical foundations. Predestination vs. Freedom of Choice, etc. etc.

There are so many varying views of what's right and what isn't, it's impossible to truly look at someone and know if they are one of God's saved children.
Your thinking WAY too hard on this and im not going to argue it any longer with you in this thread or any other. Your looking at it much too technicaly. The little diffrences in interpretation dont matter as much as the way a person lives their life in general. Is this person generaly a liked person among others and treat them well? Do they always try and do the right thing no matter what? Do they live what you would consider a moral lifestyle? Do they live their life according to the way they interpret the bible tells them they should? And finally, does this person claim to be Christian? If you answered yes to all the above then that person is Christian. It dosnt matter what they belive about baptism. My Aunt and my grandmother are both Christian, my Grandmother beleives that you must be baptized in order to be saved while my aunt belives that you dont have to be. This SMALL diffrence has no bearing in the fact that they are truly both Christian.

P.S.
These "christian groups" who bend the rules or pretend to interpret things in a moere liberal way just so they can go out and ***** around, get drunk and party. . . these are the ones who arnt truly Christian. You do not stretch your beliefs to fit your lifestyle but rather, your beliefs should shape your lifestyle. With some people its just obvuious that they arnt putting a sincere effort to live by Bible standards.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 05-25-2011 at 06:17 PM..

Old 05-26-2011, 11:09 AM

You canttalk like the world, walk like the world, and live like the world and be Christian, its just not possible in this day and age

Old 05-26-2011, 11:19 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,721,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
You canttalk like the world, walk like the world, and live like the world and be Christian, its just not possible in this day and age
Then Christians don't exist.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
well, to some extent I would agree. Finding a "True Christian" is very hard to find these days, but lets not get into that again

Old 05-27-2011, 07:16 AM

1,738 posts, read 843,464 times
Quote:

Now wait a minute here... to you and all who say that if you can't be a "perfect" Christian then you aren't a "true" Christian--- Balderdash!

Don't try and take the wind out of a striving Christian's sails. Jesus never said, "Come to me--- you "perfect" beings--- all of ye who are without fault and don't need me anyway...", did He??? No. Being a Christian is so NOT about being a perfect human. It is about TRYING to walk the path, however. It is about bearing Christ's words and ideology in mind at all times, however. And most of all it is about loving your fellow man and spending your life in pursuit of figuring out just what that means and just how best to do so as selflessly as we can.

So stop trying to make it more complicated---or "mysterious", or "bureaucratic" than it already has become, please. Did Christ turn away a prostitute? Did He turn away even His unfaithful disciples? No. Why? Because imperfection is allowed. Imperfection is what being a human being is all about; and the desire to be a "better", NOT perfect, human being is what being a Christian is all about. Christ will love and accept you anyway--- in fact, quite possibly even more so than one who erroneously fancies himself as "perfect" already...

You naysayers can't stop me (whether you are an atheist, or are merely a very misguided Christian...), and THAT, my friends, is what makes me a Christian (though I am anything but a "traditional" Christian, believe me.) I doggedly plan to pursue my mission until the end. I plan to try and fail and try and fail and try and fail again. The key point here is that I never intend to give up trying, or hoping, or pursuing what it truly means to love my fellow man--- and this is often very hard, very hard indeed. I am pretty certain that I will never be capable of "perfect", selfless love--- but the fact that I am trying already makes me a better person than I would otherwise be. So Christ's mission is taking shape in my life because I am open to it. I welcome it. I believe in the possibilities. Therefore, I am a "true" Christian. Sadly, because of naysayers and/or misguided Christians from my past- this hasn't always been so. For many years I was driven away by the best of intentions...

My greatest hope now is that some day I can at least become the kind of person that makes it just a little bit easier for those around me to love me as Christ intended--- because some days I know that it sure must be a chore for them as much as it is for me. But ultimately, my belief in Christ has taught me that I'm worthy. And all He ever really wanted was for each of us to know this about ourselves... and to believe this about one another.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:38 AM

247 posts, read 496,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I truly don't understand how a person can actually worship and follow a religion that so despises gay people? I was so naive in the past and thought that religion wanted people to love everybody and now I realize that Christianty is more about hating others than anything else How can anybody actually continue to follow this and live with yourself?
God doesn't despise the homosexual person, but the actual sin of homosexuality. He loves everyone...just not the sins that they commit. Now as far as if you run into a Christian talking about how homosexuals are such bad people or that God hates them, they aren't speaking the truth. They need to be called out on.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Since you don't think it's natural, might I ask why it's prevelant in over 450 Animal species in the world like Penguins and Giraffes? Something being unnatural indicates it isn't found in nature. A computer is unnatural. Twinkies are unnatural. How does homosexuality fit that definition?
?
You know, I know that this was posted awhile back but for some reason, somthing got me thinking about it again today. Yes, homosexuality is prevelant in nature, but incest is also, along with murder and untold amounts of violence. Are things "right" just because they occur in natture??? You tell me.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:39 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug S. 123 View Post
:::sigh::: . . . yet another person who thinks they can make up their own rules but somehow still call themselves Christian.
I dont need to be a God to be able to tell if somone is "True Christian" or not. All I need is the Bible. If you dont live your life according to the Bibles teachings, YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN . . . get over it!!!! You either are somthing or your not, there are no two ways about it.
Following the Bible makes your religion Bibleanity . . . following Christ makes you a Christian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality