Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 12:21 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
And one day your gonna wake up as usual, thinking it's a regular day, and see that your whole world is turned upside down when you see that Jesus did return and you were left behind. I promise it. God tells us the ENTIRE earth was just like this before he flooded it. He said that's EXACTLY how it's going to be when he returns. So think about how your saying religion is dying when that's all apart of biblical prophecy for Jesus's return. He said many would leave the faith in the last days. Ignore it at your own peril.

It's never going to happen. The rapture will never happen. The global flood never happened. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-17-2011 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Is that all you have to play with....The fear card...Geez...It's not working because I'm laughing at you!
Yeah. Keep laughing. It's all fun and games until someone ends up in Hell. And you know how you keeping making fun of Christians? It's not going to be so funny when Jesus returns and your left behind to face the great tribulation. Your going to regret every time you ever made fun of us. It's truly not funny. At least to me. Your just like the people of Noah's time. That day was just another day to make fun of crazy ol' Noah until water started falling from the sky and flooded every city, state, nation, and continent on the Earth.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Yeah. Keep laughing. It's all fun and games until someone ends up in Hell. And you know how you keeping making fun of Christians? It's not going to be so funny when Jesus returns and your left behind to face the great tribulation. Your going to regret every time you ever made fun of us. It's truly not funny. At least to me. Your just like the people of Noah's time. That day was just another day to make fun of crazy ol' Noah until water started falling from the sky and flooded every city, state, nation, and continent on the Earth.
You seem very angry. Does your faith not bring you a degree of inner peace?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:31 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Hawking believes that when we die, we die. There is no afterlife, we live one time and we return to the dust when we had no conscience of existence. After we die, its as if we were never born. Many believe that religion was created to not only keep us in control but to keep us from freaking out about DEATH.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
And one day your gonna wake up as usual, thinking it's a regular day, and see that your whole world is turned upside down when you see that Jesus did return and you were left behind. I promise it. God tells us the ENTIRE earth was just like this before he flooded it. He said that's EXACTLY how it's going to be when he returns. So think about how your saying religion is dying when that's all apart of biblical prophecy for Jesus's return. He said many would leave the faith in the last days. Ignore it at your own peril.
Or you'll drift peacfully away on your last big sleep, expecting to be carried to up to meet St Peter at the pearly gates but instead see this guy comming to grab you and throw you into to you next life incarnation:

Or maybe you'll find yourself on the shores of the river Styx and realize you didn't bring any change to pay the boatman...

Maybe Anubis will rip your heart out of your chest and weigh it. Shoulda laid off the fatty foods...

The human experience is SO much bigger than Christianity. Why can't christians see that?

Old 05-17-2011, 12:40 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
I don't hate you. I just don't like you either. And I think your the worst type of person. A God-hating hypocrite that talks BS out his butt about God but then when is called out and told where he's going, gets backed into a corner, comes out crying out like a wimp. Enjoy Hell.

I don't hate god I just don't believe in him. What I do hate are people like you who claim to have all the answers to what is the right way to have faith. And when others choose to believe in something different or in nothing at all then you condemn them to hell. I truly pity children brought up with this type of belief system. You, I'm sorry to say don't have all the answers, no more than I do. The difference between us is I am willing to acknowledge the fact that I don't. While you will continue with YOUR hypocrisy of judging others even when your own holy book says you shouldn't and reserves that right for your god alone. But I guess you'll never understand why other would take offense to your condemnation of them. Righteousness must be a heavy burden to bear.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:47 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
Hawking is a fool
Hawking is not a fool, but a wise and intelligent man. On the other hand some people who post here are the real fools ... and delusional ones at that.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:51 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
British scientist Stephen Hawking has branded heaven a "fairy story" for people afraid of the dark, in his latest dismissal of the concepts underpinning the world's religions.

Stephen Hawking dismisses idea of a universal creator, calls heaven a ‘fairy story’ | The Raw Story

Religion has made many shysters very rich. Affinity scams are a big and profitable business.
I figured this much out when I was only 12 years old. It's nice to know that "Lord Stephen" has finally caught up with me.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You will be going to the same place as all the rest of us when you die....Oblivion.
This can never be proven, therefore it is an unscientific statement.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM

869 posts, read 972,310 times
Quote:
How is this proof? Someone wrote it in a book, and that makes it proof?
Its a statement about how irrationally you people react to proof .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality