Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 01:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

No, it can't be proven in the sense that anyone has come back from oblivion and told us that's what awaits us. But if they had, it wouldn't be oblivion, would it?

Once again, I wish that certain people on the site would understand that not everyone regards what their 'holy books' say as true. Inquiring minds want to know what more credible sources have to say (e.g., Stephen Hawking).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:14 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post

Yeah. Keep laughing. It's all fun and games until someone ends up in Hell. And you know how you keeping making fun of Christians? It's not going to be so funny when Jesus returns and your left behind to face the great tribulation. Your going to regret every time you ever made fun of us. It's truly not funny...
Of course it is impolite to ridicule people because of their belief systems. It is rude to make fun of people.

Pointing out that organized religion is a fallacy and crutch for weak minded people is sharing an honest opinion. Really it is all myth and delusion ... belief in the supernatural and hocus-pocus: utter nonsense.

This is my opinion and I'm expressing it; I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:15 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
You're pinning your hopes for the rapture on the creation of a Jewish nation? Keep waiting on something that will never happen. We've heard for years of this impending day of doom for unbelievers. It still hasn't happened and never will. My question is by what date will the rapture believers finally admit to being wrong when the rapture still hasn't come to pass?
There's plenty of other prophecies that came true in the Bible. Sodom and Gomorrah. The worldwide flood. Jesus is going to return alright. I am 200% sure of that. On a date we that we know of? Hell no. The Bible says we can't know the day nor the hour. But he says it WILL happen and we can determine the season. This is the season. Part of the last days apostacy is people like you thinking ignorantly to themselves that Jesus wouldn't return. Your so caught up in the world that it's going to be just like a thief in the night when Jesus raptures the church to Heaven. I mean honestly. Think about the condition of the world. Everyone's caught up in their technologies. Iphones, Ipads, labtops, video games. You think because the world has progressed in so much technology and science that the God of the Bible plays no part in our modern day affairs? Please. When he returns, there's going to be a worldwide earthquake that shakes the Earth and everything will be in total chaos when he lifts up the dead bodies of past Christians and Christians who are alive and takes thes the holy spirit out the Earth. If you really think this isn't going to happen, that's at your own peril. It's GOING to happen.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:22 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
And you burning in hell for an eternity in hell because you rejected Christ is honest too. I'm not trying to hurt anyone either.
Burning is nothing more than a chemical reaction that takes place when molecules reach an extremely high energy level. This high state of energy is then released in the form of heat and light (fire). With that said, how can a "spirit" (a non-physical being) burn? Is this "hell" some kind of spiritual fire?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
There's plenty of other prophecies that came true in the Bible. Sodom and Gomorrah. The worldwide flood. Jesus is going to return alright ...
Actually, the Buddha - who predates Christianity by 550 years has a more impressive track record in the "prophecy" department. Even Albert Einstein acknowledged this.

"... if there is any religion that can cope with modern scientific discovery, it would be Buddhism ..." - Albert Einstein

Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Did you read my post - or just that one line that someone else quoted to prove a different point? Please read my entire post before you quote me. I said that this is not what I think. I would never tell someone that. I would never tell someone that they will be sorry when they find out that they are wrong. Just because I believe they are wrong, it doesn't mean that they are wrong. I could be wrong. I know that. I don't have all the answers and don't claim to. And I would never use my beliefs to threaten someone.

Great - another person telling me I'm going to Hell. It's worked so well before. Please - listen to what you are telling people. It's actually a very horrible thing to say to someone. Does anyone respond well to threats? I don't. I'm not threatening you - I would appreciate the same respect.
okay, my fault. I took that line out of context. but please know that no one is threatening anyone here. If I said, "you don't have to believe in God, you will surely be saved anyway, or you don't need to believe in God, death has the last word and it's over" would it sound peaceful or pleasant to you? would it be music to your ears? maybe it would. but please know that if I said so, I would keep you in a dangerous condition making you believe that God doesn't have to be taken seriously. You'd have a false sense of security. how can you expect us to say, "if you have no faith, it's all right" we care for you and it's not that i am trying to win you with fear tactics, no, I'm just revelaing facts here, we don't want any non-beleiver to be kept in the dark, thinking this is not a serious issue. it is your salvation, your eternal life is at stake. not to mention that if we make you (unbelivers in general) believe you are going in the right path, while you aren't, your blood will be required at our hand, and rightly so.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; (2 Tim 4:2-3)

Old 05-17-2011, 01:28 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I figured this much out when I was only 12 years old. It's nice to know that "Lord Stephen" has finally caught up with me.
Lord Stephen?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
okay, my fault. I took that line out of context. but please know that no one is threatening anyone here. If I said, "you don't have to believe in God, you will surely be saved anyway, or you don't need to believe in God, death has the last word and it's over" would it sound peaceful or pleasant to you? would it be music to your ears? maybe it would. but please know that if I said so, I would keep you in a dangerous condition making you believe that God doesn't have to be taken seriously. You'd have a false sense of security. how can you expect us to say, "if you have no faith, it's all right" we care for you and it's not that i am trying to win you with fear tactics, no, I'm just revelaing facts here, we don't want any non-beleiver to be kept in the dark, thinking this is not a serious issue. it is your salvation, your eternal life is at stake. not to mention that if we make you (unbelivers in general) believe you are going in the right path, while you aren't, your blood will be required at our hand, and rightly so.

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; (2 Tim 4:2-3)

Thank you for your apology. However, do you think that people that aren't Christian know so little about fundamental Christianity that we don't know that you believe that we are going to hell? This isn't something new that you are telling me. If I don't believe in Christianity - telling me that I'm going to burn in hell for all eternity certainly isn't the way to make me change my mind. All it does is make me want to distance myself further from anyone who believes that sort of thing. I think most people feel that way. Maybe you feel like you are justified - but I firmly believe that talk like that does more harm than good. Didn't God say that he calls people to him? Isn't God the one that makes the decisions on people's souls? I'd leave the job to him.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:33 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Burning is nothing more than a chemical reaction that takes place when molecules reach an extremely high energy level. This high state of energy is then released in the form of heat and light (fire). With that said, how can a "spirit" (a non-physical being) burn? Is this "hell" some kind of spiritual fire?
Because our souls are the first creation of who we are. They are made perfect by God. When a soul leaves the body, it can see perfectly, hear perfectly, taste perfectly, smell perfectly, and etc. The five senses are heightened because the body is made just as it's suppose to be. Perfect. Old people become young again. Mentally ill people become sane again. Disfigured folk have perfect bodies. People who lost limbs gain them gain them back. The soul is the perfect-made entity of who you are. The soul gravitates to wherever it does based on your heart condition of Christ. Whether you accepted him or not. Just as you can feel all the wonderful sensations of heaven, you can feel the same torments in Hell because the five sense are heightened and perfect. That's how a soul can burn.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Yeah. Keep laughing. It's all fun and games until someone ends up in Hell. And you know how you keeping making fun of Christians? It's not going to be so funny when Jesus returns and your left behind to face the great tribulation. Your going to regret every time you ever made fun of us. It's truly not funny. At least to me. Your just like the people of Noah's time. That day was just another day to make fun of crazy ol' Noah until water started falling from the sky and flooded every city, state, nation, and continent on the Earth.
If there is a hell, there is surely a spot reserved for so-called christians. It is they who are so quick to judge and dole out the eternal punishments of any they come across. The single most judgmental people I've personally known are self-proclaimed christians. You've only yourselves to blame for the world's reactions to the hate and vile your spread in the name of your 'all-loving god'.

But don't worry, it's all an ancient mythology based on the superstitious beliefs of a primitive people, as are all religions. Science has destroyed the validity and need of religion.

Besides, based on the laws of energy and mass conservation, there is no heaven nor hell. Both stay here in the physical, real world to be utilized again. You don't just 'voila!' get transported into another realm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality