U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 AM

870 posts, read 438,701 times
Quote:
I pick the meteor...a little quicker.

You must really have a horrible opinion of Jesus to choose the meteor. Just hope it doesn't hit you a glancing blow on the spinal chord and leaves you a quadriplegic. One never knows about the trajectories or whether the trajectory is 100% coincindental or not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 11:06 AM

24,618 posts, read 17,799,049 times
Theory of everything...No god involved...

Garrett Lisi on his theory of everything | Video on TED.com

Old 05-18-2011, 12:07 PM

1,608 posts, read 2,160,515 times
All I can say is, just because he's brilliant at one thing, doesn't make him brilliant at another. I think understanding faith, philosophy, religion, etc. takes a completely different mindset than one that understands science, physics, chemistry etc. I also think that this is mostly because of how our culture tries to pit science and religion together, which goes against both science and religion. Those who I know that work in Physics research are very devout in their beliefs, and for them, science only reveals the glory of God's work as opposed to showing them that there is no God.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM

4,887 posts, read 5,329,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
All I can say is, just because he's brilliant at one thing, doesn't make him brilliant at another. I think understanding faith, philosophy, religion, etc. takes a completely different mindset than one that understands science, physics, chemistry etc. I also think that this is mostly because of how our culture tries to pit science and religion together, which goes against both science and religion. Those who I know that work in Physics research are very devout in their beliefs, and for them, science only reveals the glory of God's work as opposed to showing them that there is no God.
There's yet another possibility. What if science has already revealed the true identity of "God" yet most atheists and theists aren't willing to study such claims?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Theory of everything...No god involved...
That ain't no theory! That's an ilogical absurdity.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:59 PM

2,958 posts, read 913,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
The only way there's a god is if you read the yammerings of ancient, primitive, ignorant mankind. He just couldn't handle his developing imagination. The invisible man in the sky gets a lot of credit for doing absolutely nothing. He exists in the mind of man...no other place.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
The invisible man in the sky.....
1. Ummm, he's not a man- he's a spirit. He's desccribed as masculine to facilitate spirit-to-human communication.

Quote:
Numbers 23:19
God is not a man,....

John 4:24
God is spirit,....

So I guess that idea is your imagination running away with you. LOL!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 PM

2,958 posts, read 913,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
1. Ummm, he's not a man- he's a spirit. He's desccribed as masculine to facilitate spirit-to-human communication.

So I guess that idea is your imagination running away with you. LOL!
You talk like you and the invisible SPIRIT are on a first name basis. LOL!

God and his angels and your soul and the devil and witches and spirits are figments of the imagination of ignorant people from long ago. Take away the brainwashing of gullible infants and small children during each new generation and there would be none of that foolishness. That's the truth.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:38 PM

24,618 posts, read 17,799,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
That ain't no theory! That's an ilogical absurdity.
Yeah right. Are you telling me that you understood Garrett Lisi's theory? Why do I not believe you?

Old 05-18-2011, 03:43 PM

3,135 posts, read 2,446,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axemanjoe View Post
Also; (Atheist) Forrest Ackerman

LOL! That's not surprising for the sci-fi/horror maven!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality