Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM

591 posts, read 641,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Energy is a thought provoking subject.
The definition you offered (The Earth BeneathMe) is the standard. It's a basic straight to the point definition: the ability to do work. In another portion of the website the author goes a bit farther and says energy is the ability to make something happen. It's a simple definition that covers vast areas. There are few different kinds of known energy but the defintion is basically the ability to cause change...nah, that's too simple gotta be more to it.

When we are online our souls are reacting to each other in more than one way. We are provoking thought and emotions that are transferable into the realm of Heaven and felt by the reader. When you talk on line you are absorbing the idea, the situation, the demeaner. We absorb the deity of that other person in profound ways than just dots on a screen. As you read me, you can feel me. From there we can share heaven together. It's like compressed information. Once the words from someone reaches you, your spirit uncompresses the info into a full emotional experience. And all we're doing is laying in our underwear in front of the computer screen. Now you are all visualizing me in my underwear. That is something that we are sharing together. All in one place. swIm? It's media itself. The Bible is a good example of what I am saying. Read it, feel it, absorb it, and you are there to share the same experience with Jesus. When you read the Bible, you are sharing in an experience that has been shared with countless people. It that time, you are with them in Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
What?
The trees outside of my home are full of various forms on energy. Do you think the trees are conscious?
Conscious like you and me? Probably not, as it didn't develop the mind to organize it's energies. We're finding out more and more everyday, that in the realm of the sub-atomic, there are certain patterns which look as if there's some type of shuffling going on. What, who, or it is playing dealer?

Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
"Consciousness, or “thinking,” is merely energy change that produces thoughts and feelings."

- "Thinking" is an energy change?

- Again - what type of energy? What's the mechanism for change?

"Thoughts and feelings emanate from the “burning” of mental energy.
"

- What is "Mental Energy?"

"Our thoughts and feelings appear to leave us, but in the totality of the universe, they continue to exist as energy."
::Sigh:: EVERYTHING is the result of energy transformation . . . including thoughts . . . or do you think they are some magical thing that just happens so you can learn about energy. Keep reading . . . you are far too elementary in your understanding of reality to engage in a meaningful discussion about it yet.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:36 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Too simple? It's been the working definition for a long time, and it's what physics, chemistry, biology, the hard sciences are based off.
Regardless, one of the characteristics of energy is that it is measurable.
Blah, bah humbug. At this point - whatever floats you guy's boats is fine by me. Just be aware the "energy" being discussed here is the recent new age unscientific definition - and not at all supported by science. If you can't identify what type it is, can't measure it, well - there ya go. It ain't science!
What units exactly is dark energy measured in, TEBM? You have heard of dark energy haven't you . . . It is scientific?

Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times
Dark energy has effects which have been shown: the acceleration of the expansion of the Universe. Granted, it's mysterious and poorly understood, but it isn't just a wild guess. I'd say it's a scientific hypothesis, explaining the phenomenon better than anything else so far.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:25 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
No...I'm pretty sure you guys are the ones who don't understand energy - as it's literally defined as "the ability to do work."

This energy you speak of - why type is it?

Is it thermal? Is it Chemical? Is it Electrical? Mechanical? ...what type is it?

Personally, I think you guys are confusing the "new age" non-science definition of "energy" - where it's some mystical, undefined source with the science type.
EarthBeneath, "ellipses" mean two completely different things in math vs. English. In math "ellipses" refers to a series of ovals that result from taking the cross-section of a cone at a non-right angle, and in English "ellipses" refer to omissions made in speech and writing. In English, "accommodation" means either a place for someone to say, or arrangements made, or it can also refer to a modification in arrangement, e.g. for someone who has a disability or a special need of some kind. In ophthalmology, it refers specifically to the changing of the crystalline lens so that the eye's refractive power changes and makes image closer than 20 feet clear.

Same goes for "energy" in the context of physics, chemistry, ecology, metaphysics, spirituality, etc. The word doesn't have the exact same meaning across fields. No one field has dibs on any word either.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:31 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times
Quote:
Breathe all you want.

Just let's not allow people to distort the meaning of a well defined word to suit an agenda. It's intellectually dishonest and serves only to trick people.
I guess mathematicians, ophthalmologists, and English speakers are doing the same as well. Do you consider you and me to be intellectually dishonest cause we may use the words "ellipses" and "accommodation" differently from the way a mathematician or ophthalmologist would?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:17 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Our bodies are conduit for the streaming of pure conscious energy. Every being has this energy flowing through them. The only differences being the type(or specie) of the conduit. The Mind wishes to control this energy by erecting obstacles(illusions) which cause us to stumble. Every thing in existence, down to the most sub atomic of particles, has this streamed energy. There are no randoms, for each and every thing, compliments the other in some fashion. There is only One. The source is that which always has been and shall never fade. We are all connected to this source. It is the stitch which hems the whole universe and inconsequence our humanity! Blessings to all! from Bill

The true force of God...is Life knowing truth of God...it is circular in nature...it is defined by the fractal of life through the electrical mind of the ones who ACT in the WILL OF GOD...to have continuance born onto a world that supports it....and that world is made with energy in differing forms..put in certain places, so life can exist knowing God...

If we continue to undermine those elementals, and not ACT according to the word, and will and instructions of God...and pollute the enviroments welbeing for bent Profits and gains in wealth...and human suffering..and bloodshed...and idolatry...and continually try to change that truth to a lie to suit our selves and our bent ideals in wealth...for wealth...and nothing but that...while slaughtering our brothers and sisters for it....then we will surely know the end of this place called Earth.

But if we correct the errors...and define God correctly as written, and pratice the instructions given firstly..and uphold the laws and covenants, and precepts secondly....then this world can continue in truth of God.

"THose who do the will of the Father, Shall enter Paradise"

Genesis 2:15 is the key...and Genesis 9:3 is the means...and All the givens are to be Given..and shared...Like God shares!

Thus there is the error...Mathew 6:24 in likeness!...that speaks volumes of Powerful truths to me!

So what does living under the IDOLS influences prove to us?
It is impossible to solve the problems it creates!

Poverty!...destitution...wars and humansacrifices!!....and of course DEATH.
..for to break a commandment of God...is sin....and not sowing all seed, and profaning the other living things which are for life..given by God...is a sin...Acts 10:15.

And if we are to know God and walk with God...we are to be naturally minded in tending and keeping all things alive in good form...under those laws, precepts, and covenants....none broken. nothing taken away...nothing prohibited...nothing profaned...nothing added, and nothing changed.....so that EDENS are Born out of EDEN....as expressly spoken By God and His son.

it is all Given , and taken with thanks to God the Father of Life....to make Life enjoyable in the sharing and caring for all living things!

Now where is it in error?....is when we bring in something , that takes away those freely Given Gifts of God...and charge for them? now becoming too high a price to pay for our lives under that IDOL God said not to have or make or need...and take away the very thought of them free gifts being Given at all from our minds!...surely it is the making of the alternate estate of Life,,,,which would be a dead world....and I see that Energy or force gaining popularity..while all sins are being done to envoke the maker into actions he does not want to act on!...but is going to wipe out death completely with a truth!

The IDOL of engraven imaged thing..now polluting the world...and asking for humansacrifices so it continues on...
Now that is evil!
And who support this madness?

Why do humans continually support that idea?...certainly not intelligent by any standard I know of....But here is my answer.

$atan!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-21-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
Our bodies are conduit for the streaming of pure conscious energy. Every being has this energy flowing through them. The only differences being the type(or specie) of the conduit. The Mind wishes to control this energy by erecting obstacles(illusions) which cause us to stumble. Every thing in existence, down to the most sub atomic of particles, has this streamed energy. There are no randoms, for each and every thing, compliments the other in some fashion. There is only One. The source is that which always has been and shall never fade. We are all connected to this source. It is the stitch which hems the whole universe and inconsequence our humanity! Blessings to all! from Bill
Nice job Bill!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:55 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
We are all 8 dimensional beings, made of waves of energy that transcends the all. The universe is a big hot dog, and we are the condiments, multi-dimensional condiments. By focusing on our being as energy-hot dogs, we can achieve the state of cheese dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality