Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM

995 posts, read 956,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
You know, I'm not even Christian and I feel compelled to point out that by saying this, you're committing a blasphemy.

It's actually quite interesting to see such a drastic 180 from you, Rider. May I ask what brought it on?

180 from what? Jesus might have wanted things different from the OT, but him not condemning the evils of the OT, ignoring evil, and giving respect to Moses and the prophets has done extensive damage to the world. Christians actually believe that God required a blood sacrifice in order to rid of sin, and the brutal death of Jesus was what God wanted, and without that brutal murder, no one would be able to rid of sin. The Bible condones slavery, witch killings, and persecution of gays and all people from other SANE, and HOLY religions. The OT is a terrorism manifesto that uses terrorism and open murder to intimidate and control people. Here you have a horrible doctrine of terrorism, with evil characters that claim to be of God, then you have Jesus, who goes around performing miracles on behalf of these evil characters and their "God" of terrorism. Jesus is the worst thing to ever happen to mankind. Jesus gives the OT power. He does not lift a finger to save the Jews from the grips of the OT, instead he shows respect for it. He empowers it. He is why people think so highly of Moses, and who oppresses all gays, and all people of other religions. I believe Jesus is responsible for Islam. Islam is the perfect example of what happens when the Bible falls into the wrong hands. The OT is a HUGE weight upon the shoulders of all who follow it. It rips people away from God, and puts them in a prison to where they actually believe that all other religions are evil, and where they lie about them all being "heathenistic Paganism". If a Bible were to be presented to a person for the first time, my advice to that person would be to RUN. RUN away from that terror manifesto as fast as you can. And then I would talk about the Dharma of Buddhism and Hinduism, and even the mythologies. I would recommend American Indian religions, Scientology, Ancient Egyptian, and even Bushman WELL before I ever say anything good about the Bible. Nothing good comes from it. Any good that Jesus does is done for the sake of YHWHY.

The second coming of Christ will probably be an Islamic who praises Allah, and wishes peace upon Muhammad, while performing miracles on their behalf. That is the phenomenon Jesus was.

Last edited by Rider's Pantheon; 05-12-2013 at 05:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
180 from what?
Sorry, that was a confusion from another post. Pobody's nerfect .

What really confuses me is your point-of-view. At first, you simply tossed out the same anti-Islamic hogwash that the Religious Right loves so much, which made me think you were approaching the issue from that angle -- and then you went from that to speaking what a Christian would be quick to point out is blasphemy.

So, I'm confused: are you a Christian, or a militant atheist, or what?

Old 05-12-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:

What really confuses me is your point-of-view. At first, you simply tossed out the same anti-Islamic hogwash that the Religious Right loves so much, which made me think you were approaching the issue from that angle -- and then you went from that to speaking what a Christian would be quick to point out is blasphemy.

I am Hindu, Buddhist, American Indian, Norse, Greek, Roman and Ancient Egyptian mythologies, with a touch of Scientology and Bushman. I am a Christian to a degree(mostly Christian apostate). There are certain philosophies of Jesus regarding the spirit that I, and all these other philosophies would all agree with. Like absorbing the deity of the Rider as I do. That philosophy is that of Jesus's, along with the philosophy of life eternal. I believe he can steer people to the spirit and to Heaven. The problem occurs when you respect the religion he showed respect for. It's like all that wonderful goodness Jesus brings to the table all gets used for evil. It is all done on behalf of YHWHY. Jesus might not have had a choice in the matter. The OT is all he was permitted to know. He was a victim, and, as blind followers, Christians fall victim to the same thing as him. It's a trap. I used to have Jesus in Heaven as my main guy, but I have since kicked him out of that slot. He loved Moses way too much. To the point of totally ignoring all his evils, and the world suffers as a result. Moses's depiction of God is the most abdominally horrid perversion of God there ever was. It's terrorism.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:

Hogwash? Nothing hogwash about it. When a person talks about what a murdering pedophile Muhammad was/is, it is NOT hogwash at all. Muhammad is the spirit of Moses. I believe Jesus is partly to blame for people like Muhammad to turn to the extremes they did, because of Jesus showing respect for Moses and his "God".

Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Hogwash? Nothing hogwash about it. When a person talks about what a murdering pedophile Muhammad was/is, it is NOT hogwash at all.
I'm not going to get into that particular argument; I have far better things to do with my time.

What I will say is that I hope that, in all of your various religious leanings, you've taken the time to properly understand the philosophies that you've embraced, rather than just slapping the labels on because they fit your worldview.

One of my philosophies is that hatred and fear are tools best left unused, because they do far more damage to the user than they ever do to the target.

I hope you never have to learn that the hard way.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to get into that particular argument; I have far better things to do with my time.

What I will say is that I hope that, in all of your various religious leanings, you've taken the time to properly understand the philosophies that you've embraced, rather than just slapping the labels on because they fit your worldview.

One of my philosophies is that hatred and fear are tools best left unused, because they do far more damage to the user than they ever do to the target.

I hope you never have to learn that the hard way.

These religions were born out of freedom and they have a LOT in common. God uses deities to communicate to his people. We are all creating digital deities of who we are or wish to be on this forum. FredNotBob is the digital representation of the spiritual phenomenon you are, or wish to be. I have a Pantheon of digital warrior deities from different web-sites. I have all the deities from all religions, and all books, from all stories ever created in Heaven. They are there for me. The key is to pick out the good, truly holy ones to shower praise upon(worship), and all Christians, Jews, and Islamics choose to love and respect what is openly, unrepentantly evil(Moses and Muhammad), who spews and teaches all kinds of hatred, intolerance, and terror. It goes even further than that. They all love and worship the "God" that these two "Prophets" created in their respective terrorism manifestos. They actually believe that God loves those two Prophets, when in reality, those two lie about, and frame God in the most horrible of ways. Those two represent and created the worst abominations of God there ever was. I guess this is where you hope God doesn't hate those two, and all who follow, worship, and cover up for them, to the point of self destruction, and hope God doesn't have to learn the hard way.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM

4 posts, read 4,356 times
just one advice before more talking about paul and barnaba,would u plz read this book?
The Bible, The Qur'an and Science from Maurice Bucaille.it is published in 1976.
u want proof about why bible may errors,so the book is a good reference.plz find that book,and even if u have to pay for,pay!but read it.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
These religions were born out of freedom and they have a LOT in common. God uses deities to communicate to his people. We are all creating digital deities of who we are or wish to be on this forum. FredNotBob is the digital representation of the spiritual phenomenon you are, or wish to be. I have a Pantheon of digital warrior deities from different web-sites. I have all the deities from all religions, and all books, from all stories ever created in Heaven. They are there for me. The key is to pick out the good, truly holy ones to shower praise upon(worship), and all Christians, Jews, and Islamics choose to love and respect what is openly, unrepentantly evil(Moses and Muhammad), who spews and teaches all kinds of hatred, intolerance, and terror. It goes even further than that. They all love and worship the "God" that these two "Prophets" created in their respective terrorism manifestos. They actually believe that God loves those two Prophets, when in reality, those two lie about, and frame God in the most horrible of ways. Those two represent and created the worst abominations of God there ever was. I guess this is where you hope God doesn't hate those two, and all who follow, worship, and cover up for them, to the point of self destruction, and hope God doesn't have to learn the hard way.
Okay....Rider....

*Sighs*

I'm trying, as hard as I can, to make sense of your posts. I get the gist of what you're saying (that most major world religions are supposely 'evil'), but then you say something like this:

Quote:
We are all creating digital deities of who we are or wish to be on this forum
or this:

Quote:
FredNotBob is the digital representation of the spiritual phenomenon you are, or wish to be.
Which just confuses the heck out of me. What 'spiritual phenomenon' are you talking about? How am I its 'digital representation'? What in the world is a 'digital deity', and how does it apply to anything you've said so far?

It would help a great deal if you could attempt to express yourself more coherently. Right now, it all looks like 'word soup' to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality