Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 01:43 PM

67 posts, read 162,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Reading all of the above only confirms how I interpreted the verse, IMO. And yes that is the verse I meant.

Please don't get me started. Which part then? The many different translations, the apocrypha, the disputed books of the canon...???

Sorry, not throwing away God or the Bible or Jesus simply because my beliefs don't line up with yours. You are the 2nd Christian to tell me to do so, and I must say, I find it quite appalling. I would never tell another Christian to do so.

Of course He does, or He would be here walking around and telling everyone in explicate terms what exactly is required of them to be rewarded in the next life. He leaves instead the Bible, translated and (mis)interpreted a million different ways.

Amen and amen.
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 01:48 PM

23,002 posts, read 34,323,501 times
[quote=jeffncandace;1220844]

Of course He does, or He would be here walking around and telling everyone in explicate terms what exactly is required of them to be rewarded in the next life. He leaves instead the Bible, translated and (mis)interpreted a million different ways.

Oh Jeff is that what you really believe???? He is here walking around telling us in explicate terms what exactly is required of us to be rewarded in this life and the next one, it's called the Holy Spirit and the Bible God's Word is our instruction book for living, you seem to have forgotten that.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:55 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,187,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .204 View Post
Good Luck!
Thanks...I think?

Old 08-06-2007, 02:00 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,187,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Oh Jeff is that what you really believe???? He is here walking around telling us in explicate terms what exactly is required of us to be rewarded in this life and the next one, it's called the Holy Spirit and the Bible God's Word is our instruction book for living, you seem to have forgotten that.
I know that to you, ILNC, it seems so. I haven't forgotten that for myself, but it's obviously not true for everyone across the world, or we wouldnt have so many different religions, and within Christianity, so many sects and denoms.

Sometimes we have to remember that not everyone lives in a Christian enviroment like we do. As an example, to people born in Iran what you have stated above would seem complete nonsense to them. Do you see what I'm trying to say?

It's like if a Muslim said that Mohammed was clearly a prophet and God left us the Koran as our instruction book. Would you even for a second think that was true? Of course you wouldn't.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 AM

17 posts, read 50,566 times
Default No but................

You need God through the Holy Spirit to decern what is the real truth. Study the bible but ask God for understanding and he shall because you are seeking him. He always shows up when you seek him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality