U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 06:32 PM

2,752 posts, read 3,735,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
And pleasing your little loser god Satan while you're at it.
Well, I was going to climb on top of a mountain and stab the babies in the heart, but Satan stopped me at the last second. Boy, I love the way the viens and blood run down my mouth as I eat the carcasses.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-24-2011, 07:07 PM

870 posts, read 923,091 times
That which you mockingly allude to was a a type or prophetic drama of mankind's redemption via Jesus' sacrifice. The sacrifice of Isaac was not carried out because it was never intended to be carried out. Furthermore Abraham knew that God had promised mankind would be blessed via Isaac. He knew God would keep his promise and was sure that Isaac's immediate resurrection was guaranteed as Paul points out in his letter to the Hebrews.

Quote:
Heb 11:17
17By faith Abraham, when he was tested, offered up Isaac, and he who had received the promises was offering up his only begotten son; 18it was he to whom it was said, “In Isaac your descendants shall be called 19He considered that God is able to raise people even from the dead, from which he also received him back as a type.

Last edited by Radrook; 05-24-2011 at 07:19 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 07:10 PM

21,188 posts, read 23,735,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Well, I was going to climb on top of a mountain and stab the babies in the heart, but Satan stopped me at the last second. Boy, I love the way the viens and blood run down my mouth as I eat the carcasses.
You, too? I thought it was just me!

If there is a God, I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:55 PM

15,720 posts, read 11,112,108 times
So if God authored the Bible, did he approve of dashing babies on rocks? Or did he just inspire the author to talk about his experience dashing babies on rocks?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 PM

591 posts, read 612,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
In this case I think the answer is no, because poor Radrook has been, in fact, asked to leave a number of Christian (and other types of) forums.

I have found that most religious forums have mods with itchy fingers. I have been two or three different names at multible sites, each of them e-killed. Permabanned. RIP

Old 05-24-2011, 10:05 PM

9,193 posts, read 11,196,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I have found that most religious forums have mods with itchy fingers. I have been two or three different names at multible sites, each of them e-killed. Permabanned. RIP
Unfortunately, it seems one of the commandments of religious forums is 'thou shalt not dissent.'

Old 05-24-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Really now...That is a bald faced lie..
You have English comprehension problems my friend.
I said He is the author. The writing part YOU introduced yourself.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:52 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,007,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
You have English comprehension problems my friend.
I said He is the author. The writing part YOU introduced yourself.
Aaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!! ...and pray tell us, just what is the function of an author?

Old 05-24-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
So if God authored the Bible, did he approve of dashing babies on rocks? Or did he just inspire the author to talk about his experience dashing babies on rocks?

Perhaps you will find the following article helpful. Here is part of it.

Quote:
excerpt

But this bringing into balance is something that can only be fully understood by a person who has been in this sort of situation. This isn’t the cursings and railings of a merely upset person but it is the begging for judgment for the wrong done. The Jews in Auschwitz, peering out at falling ash demanding that there is an equivocation: that the same is done to their captors. The Russians starving behind a siege: demanding that the same occurs to those holding the siege.
This is the petition of a human being, the image of God, who has suffered the very worst at the hands of another Imago Dei bearer: there must be a balance or else the very fabric of God’s order becomes unhinged.
Psalms 137: Dash the Babies?

Old 05-24-2011, 11:17 PM

Nowhere are Christians told to harass or physically assault homosexuals or anyone else who chooses to live in an unchristian manner. The only obligation a Christian has is to tell others about Christ's Ransom sacrifice and its requirements and leave the decision of acceptance or rejection to each individual.

Anything beyond that which involves physical attacks and harassments is definitely not scripturally approved. In fact,physically attacking or harassing homosexuals can cause Christian to lose God's approval and place his salvation in jeapardy since it involves the hubris of going beyond what we are told to do.

1 Corinthians 4:6
"Do not go beyond what is written
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.