Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:29 AM

869 posts, read 972,037 times

Advertisements

You know, in order to convince someone that his biblical views are defective we just can't say "nay!" That's tantamount to appearing in a court of law without evidence and expecting the judge to decide in our favor. At the least the judge expects us to use logic, you know, deductive and inductive reasoning? Actually this horrendous inability to think cogentlly is merely the outcome of a defective educatiobnal system that doesn't value thinking skills. The funny thing is that government officials just can't understand why inane reassons are provided ibn court to justify murder, child abuse, rape and other such crimes.

Ummm, ah raped her causah she a tempted me?
Ummm I hit him over the head cause he angered me.
Ummmm, I crashed into his car cause he tried t oget by me. [used against me in court]
I hit the child to stop it from crying.

Such ridiculous excuses would never be provided if our educational system made it mandatory that every person who reaches adult age know the basics of logic and ethics. Neither would we have people blinking incomprehensively when others don't accept their personal opinions as evidence. A real pity! IMHO

Last edited by Radrook; 05-23-2011 at 09:39 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 09:37 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,551,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Absolutely not. Nowhere are Christians told to harass or physically assault homosexuals or anyone else who chooses to live in an unchristian manner. The only obligation a Christian has is to tell others about Christ's Ransom sacrifice and its requirements and leave the decision of acceptance or rejection to each individual.

Anything beyond that which involves physical attacks and harassments is definitely not scripturally approved. In fact,physically attacking or harassing homosexuals can cause Christian to lose God's approval and place his salvation in jeapardy since it involves the hubris of going beyond what we are told to do.

1 Corinthians 4:6
"Do not go beyond what is written."
Unfortunatelly, there are numerous examples in the Bible that were killed for not not following what he group felt was God's Commandments. Heck! the God of the Bible says he will burn people FOR ETERNITY for not believing and following his views. You can live a good life of taking care of your neighborgh, raising a good family, giving to charity, even willing to sacrifice your life for others but all that will not matter if you do not believe in the Bible. That does not sound very loving, does it? Take care.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Amen! Unfortunately they seem to find that concept too deep or maybe unacceptable because then they can't feel persecuted and claim martyrdom.
Sorry... that's not the case. When I hear the "love the sinner, hate the sin" line, it certainly doesn't cause me to feel loved. Mostly it makes me know that I'm dealing with ignorance.

BTW, are you a product of Exodus or some other "ex gay" ministry?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Unfortunatelly, there are numerous examples in the Bible that were killed for not not following what he group felt was God's Commandments.
Since he is the supreme judge of the universe, God definitely has the right to order executions or capital punishment.

Quote:
Heck! the God of the Bible says he will burn people FOR ETERNITY for not believing and following his views.
That doctrine constitutes a satanic attempt to defame God's character.

Hell was Manufactured by Theologians
http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies/hellfire2.htm

Quote:
You can live a good life of taking care of your neighborgh, raising a good family, giving to charity, even willing to sacrifice your life for others but all that will not matter if you do not believe in the Bible
Jesus said to forgive them because they know not what they do. So killing people for sincewe beliefs based on ignorance isn't one of Jesus' teachings.

Quote:
That does not sound very loving, does it?
No, it sounds like a misunderstanding.

Quote:
Take care
You too!

Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,046,327 times
Of course not.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,541 times
Quote:
Would we say that governments are depriving us of freedom of choice because theh have laws against criminal behavior?

It is what is causing the criminal behavior...as it was said By Jesus himself...the IDOL of Engraven Imaged things they showed him, and asked about..

So who is the sinner in that regard?

It is all who hold that Idol near and dear to their hearts, as a need to have life..and enforced on those who do not have it....or it creates them who do not have it...Poverty is created by the IDOL...which God did not give us...and warns us about having!!!/// hence Jesus was right again!

Where it surely says In Genesis...that God gives everything to us...FREELY..and all living things are dear and loved By God.."OUR NEIGHBOURS"...if we follow his instructions, Laws, precepts, covenants, and word of will....Jesus shared everything with us...he never asked for money...and what ever was Given him, he shared with all who listened, and partook...again a lesson not learnt?....to be like God or his children..we have to share!...we have to care about the LIVING THINGS GOD MADE!,,,and stop making death a constant!

So how far bent is the governing body if it holds economic wealth and taxes of an engraven thing...more important than taking care of the living things God made Good, and loves, and cares for...?

Making Guns and Bombs, and going head hunting..slaughtering people who sow seeds and try to live a simple life......in their own way or their own kind...on their own lands, in their own...as apart...

Is this righteousness?......Let God Judge!...and yet the ralley call to war has come forth again...and the planets eco systems are in jepoady with Global pollution rising more and more, causing more sickness and suffering...while the lands of those in sin and evil and error...have less..because God takes away his hand, and what was aboundantly Giving, becomes flooded, or shaken, or stirred by the winds, or pounded by hail....and now FIRE SEASON?...oh Yes Jesus said something about that baptizing force coming to the house of SIN.

If we are believers of God...then Jesus said let em be....But what makes em be...is the root of the problem we seem not to be able to rid ourselves of...which is that broken law about IDOLS....as it is a LAW of God continually broken By only Humans who hold it as anything worthy to mention the need for...No Governing Body is correct...and in that..they error, and tell big lies...to keep the people committed to it....SIN!...the disobediance of GOD.

And sharing and caring for the living...is no longer a thought of mind....if they slaughter Humans to gain any solution!

See they now pollute the Earth and all the living with impunity...and who is helping that estate along?..for more bent profits and gains no doubt?

And what is Evil if not that?..."let the LIVING care for the LIVING" (sharing and caring for all life)...and Let the dead Burry their dead!...and stop digging them up!

Last edited by Sir Les; 05-23-2011 at 10:10 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Sorry... that's not the case.
Then you go on to admit that it certainly is the case. LOL
Quote:
When I hear the "love the sinner, hate the sin" line, it certainly doesn't cause me to feel loved.
That scripture isn't intended to engender feelings of being loved. It is merely an instruction to Christians on the proper way to view people. Not as embodiments of sin, but as people with behaviors thar might need adjustment just like all of us needed to adjust ourselves. The scripture is merely trying to PREVENT hatred of sinners per se. That you take umbrage even with that is truly amazing. In fact, my whole thread was an attempt at being reasonable by defending homosexual human rights. Yet look at the reaction.
Quote:
Mostly it makes me know that I'm dealing with ignorance.
That's neither here nor there just like all name-calling is neither here nor there my friend.
Quote:
BTW, are you a product of Exodus or some other "ex gay" ministry?
Now we are overstepping the line into personal matters aren't we? If you don't like my posts ignore them. Place me on your ignore list. As to being a product? All true Christians are products of God's Word. You see it as strange because you really have your own personal definition of what a Christian is. IN your view a Christian winks at sin and maybe Jesus was a homo. However, such Christianity and such a morally corrupted Jesus are not what Christianity is all about regardless of how many temper tantrums you throw, how many insults you hurl or how much you wail keen or ululate. Not by a long shot!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,551,910 times
Quote:
Since he is the supreme judge of the universe, God definitely has the right to order executions or capital punishment.
OK, so he is. That does not may I do not have logic to have a child killed because a parent did something bad. That is why I do not blindly accept such type of examples in the Bible. You do? Be my guest.

That doctrine constitutes a satanic attempt to defame God's character.

Hell was Manufactured by Theologians
Was the Doctrine of Hell Manufactured by Theologians?

OK, glad to see someone does not seem to agree with the concept of hell. Good. That does not negate with what I wrote above.

Jesus said to forgive them because they know not what they do. So killing people for sincewe beliefs based on ignorance isn't one of Jesus' teachings.
He is coming with a sword to kill all those that do not believe in the truth, correct?
So if I do not believe exactly as you do, am I condemned regardless of how good a person may be? If so, I do not agree. There are thousands of people that do not believe in the Bible and are good people but for God to have them condemned because they do not believe the way he wants them (my way or the highway) does not make sense.

No, it sounds like a misunderstanding.

Where is the missunderstanding, please enlighten me.

You too!
Thanks.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:20 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,082,198 times
Quote:
Then you go on to admit that it certainly is the case. LOL

That scripture isn't intended to engender feelings of being loved. It is merely an instruction to Christians on the proper way to view people. Not as embodiments of sin, but as people with behaviors thar might need adjustment just like all of us needed to adjust ourselves. The scripture is merely trying to PREVENT hatred of sinners per se. That you take umbrage even with that is truly amazing. In fact, my whole thread was an attempt at being reasonable by defending homosexual human rights. Yet look at the reaction.

That's neither here nor there just like all name-calling is neither here nor there my friend.

Now we are overstepping the line into personal matters aren't we? If you don't like my posts ignore them. Place me on your ignore list. As to being a product? All true Christians are products of God's Word. You see it as strange because you really have your own personal definition of what a Christian is. IN your view a Christian winks at sin and maybe Jesus was a homo. However, such Christianity and such a morally corrupted Jesus are not what Christianity is all about regardless of how many temper tantrums you throw, how many insults you hurl or how much you wail keen or ululate. Not by a long shot!
Why is it that every time somebody disgrees with your view that being gay is an abomination you bring out the "you believe Jesus and John were gay with each other" line. That is really bizarre of you. I think you have an abnormal fixation on sexuality

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Why is it that every time somebody disgrees with your view that being gay is an abomination you bring out the "you believe Jesus and John were gay with each other" line. That is really bizarre of you. I think you have an abnormal fixation on sexuality
First: Because of all the defenses that homsexuals use that's the one that does them the most harm and the one that I find most offensive. Leave our Lord Jesus Christ out of it!

Second: I didn't write the Bible and its view on homosexuality so your gripe isn't with me it's with the Bible's author--God.

Third: Constant repetition of the same monotonous mindless droning complaints will only serve to terminate our communication. But you already know that anyway don't you?

Last edited by Radrook; 05-23-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality