Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,233,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylorguy View Post
Raison_d'etre, define what you mean by "judge." When you state "You are committing a sin when you are judging others for their sin. Only God can do such a task" what exactly do you mean? I would hope it is not as encompassing as you make it out to be.

Ironically, by making this statement, you are making a judgement of so called Christians who judge others... if they are judging others, they are sinning (according to you), yet you are exempt from making a judgement about THEIR sin? Your point self destructs and is a double standard. The bottom line is NO ONE can escape making a judgement about others in this life. Everyone does it. An atheist will do it, a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu.

It is said, we are to not only Judge ourselves, and correct our errors, and abolish our sins through Christ, and God's will and word and laws completed..and the little instruction done sinlessly to show sign of our accomplishments....But angels who have fallen..and those in heaven who have not done service for God in the Garden....must do so...and be tested to see if they are worthy to enter the new restored Kingdom.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM

1,028 posts, read 3,076,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
First: Because of all the defenses that homsexuals use that's the one that does them the most harm and the one that I find most offensive. Leave our Lord Jesus Christ out of it!

Second: I didn't write the Bible and its view on homosexuality so your gripe isn't with me it's with the Bible's author--God.

Third: Constant repetition of the same monotonous mindless droning complaints will only serve to terminate our communication. But you already know that anyway don't you?
No, my gripe is with you and your persistent accusations that those who don't hold the same views as you on homosexuiality think that Jesus was gay, which you have implied time and time again on various threads and posts. I said nothing about gay views in the bible. Take ownership of your words instead of passing it off as "if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with the bible, and ultimately God himself". You do not hold a monopaly on God.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM

869 posts, read 970,004 times
Quote:

EXCERPT:

Is It Right to Judge?

How many times have you heard someone whine, "Judge not, that ye be not judged?" This verse of Scripture from Matthew 7:1 is often quoted out of context by people who are terrified at the idea of someone preaching against sin or pointing out any form of error in anyone, especially in themselves.

As I stood in a voting line one day I overheard a woman justifying her foolish choice for president by saying, "Well, we aren't supposed to judge." Imagine that! Choosing NOT to judge a political candidate on election day! No wonder our nation is in such a mess!

As for Matthew 7:1, the context (verses 1-5) allows judging after you have first judged YOURSELF. Jesus did not make a blanket statement against judgment. He simply pointed out a RULE for judging.
Is It Right to Judge?

The glorfied Jesus praised Christians for judging decieftful behavior as evil.

Quote:
Revelation 2:2? " I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:"
The Apostle Paul tells us that Christians will judge the world. He told the church to judge internal conflicts between Christians.

Quote:
Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?" (I Cor. 6:1-5)
Paul advised Christians to have the same criteria for judging.

Quote:
I Corinthians 1:10 to ". . . be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Judging is associated wirth the spiritually mature:

Quote:
I Corinthians 2:15 Paul says, "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, ....

Judging is inextricably associated with the righteous:

Quote:
(Psa. 37:30) "The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment."

Psa. 37:30) A righteous person will talk of judgment
Refusal to judge leads to absence of peace:

Quote:
Isaiah 59:8: "The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace."

Last edited by Radrook; 05-23-2011 at 11:53 AM..

Old 05-23-2011, 11:58 AM

As I said..God will Judge with Christ and the saints, and prophets who saw the sins and evils and the root cause...that were all slaughtered for their truth to be silenced!!...when they are coming back..to end the curse of death, sicknesss, and suffering caused by that root cause......and a war will be made against them to stop them from comming......But they will win the war in a swift and decieve attack on the root cause of sins which brings death as a constant to this planet...and as more sins are made and evils done with it, to twist the mind and tie the hands of those holding it to sins and evils continually, thay are also partners of those sins being done!!!
... more woes and wrath and such will come forth....as it is written!...so shall it be done!....and when that is ended...we learn With Jesus and the Master Builder together..from square one!...if that is what you want?..amen?..cause that is what we are making...a constant death trap...with that IDOL....say it ain't so Joe....And I'll call you a liar!....toss it back into the fire where it was brought out of...and engraven into something of a demigod...God said not to make more important than he...or even have in place of God as the life giver...

See the error...?...and it makes what?...sinners, evildoers, and all the commandments broken...wonder why?...it is the opposer to life...it makes life dead, to make false Profits, off what God said he Gave us to share, and care for!....Now be honest and look at the planet now being polluted by the industrial madness....and more extinctions come to pass...not taking care of X in the right way...doing things told not to do...and saying things told not to say....causing more problems to arise so money can be implimented in the mind to resolve them.....when it is the very thing that creates them.....SIN...is the wage for Death.....engravened Money is the SIN against one of Gods most high commandments...Jesus was kicking at..and out of his fathers house....wonder why?

So is it the fault of the ones..who are born under that idol...to be a sinner?...as that is what that estate creates...right?....so it is not their fault...it is the ones who continue to use the IDOL...they are in error....amd that means all ....in truth.

So to correct that error...we can all keep pointing the finger around the circle...or stop sinning with it .....and do what God said to do ..in the beginning of the Bible...tend and keep the Garden...and do that service sinlessly....and put back what was taken...to reverse the curse!

Now how come...it has taken 2000 years...and still no one has thought of this except Jesus?

Old 05-23-2011, 12:04 PM

Lets talk Judgment then...Before one can Judge anyone or anything...they have to know the truth..and act in the truth, and be the truth...as Jesus proclaimed!..."I am the truth and the light"

So only by him is the truth known to be...and if we abide in that truth..and all he did, we do also, and we come to that door of God...and enter it...then we have been accepted as truthful enough to judge others...and correct them...if they do not listen to the truth..over time..and with signs showing their error...and they still ignor those signs, and warnings written about them before hand...and till this day..and maybe even till tomorrow....Judgment will come onto them...By the higher powers that be.....

Got problems with the weather Yet?....Fire season on you lands?...pestilences in your beds, or on you walls?...has the Earth shaken , and the trumpets sounded loud enough for your ears?

Do you hear the echos of truth ringing...as the whales beach?

Oh where is Jonah now spreading the message of woe that is surely coming onto those who continually sin a great sin.

Forgiveness of sin for those who do not know what they do....is over ruled when they have been addressed with the truth and still do not listen or act in truth toward the will and word of it..as it has been with us since the beginning of time....!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM

2,602 posts, read 8,284,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Second: I didn't write the Bible and its view on homosexuality so your gripe isn't with me...
Just following orders, eh? Nice use of the Nuremburg Defense

Quote:
...it's with the Bible's author--God.
By "God" do you mean a number of guys who cobbled together a book over a couple of decades? Don't give me that "divine inspiration" crap, either. That's just a cover. I could write an addendum to the Bible and claim that God wanted me to update or add a few things, but I'd be called a loon and my writing dismissed. If these guys really heard from God, announced that fact, and then were given immediate credibility, why do we dismiss people who do the same thing today?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:46 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,013,407 times
Quote:
Tell me Reverend, in what context does God not see sin? Are you implying that God does not see sin for ALL of His creation?
Man created sin, not God. He experiences it with us as just that, experience. To God, there is no sin just lessons that need to be learned.

Of course, because we fail to love unconditionally, we will always have to "pay to the last farthing" for any act that is unloving, or as we call it, sin. Condemning someone because they are different is a price the condemner will pay even if they make a claim that they are "doing what the bible tells them". ANY unloving act has a price.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:14 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times
Assault and harassment includes verbal. Every time you open your mouths and claim they are abhorrent, unnatural, sinning, etc, you are verbally assaulting them. What a disingenuous thread. If your truly felt they shouldn't be assaulted, you'd keep your mouth shut! You'd let them live their lives, and you'd live yours. Your 'holy' book is holy only to you, quit thrusting it in the face of everybody else.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 PM

118 posts, read 111,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Man created sin, not God. He experiences it with us as just that, experience. To God, there is no sin just lessons that need to be learned.

Of course, because we fail to love unconditionally, we will always have to "pay to the last farthing" for any act that is unloving, or as we call it, sin. Condemning someone because they are different is a price the condemner will pay even if they make a claim that they are "doing what the bible tells them". ANY unloving act has a price.
I can't quite peg down your worldview, since you implied in another thread that all religions can lead to God... but I can tell you a Christian worldview unquestionably states God sees sin... and I can throw scores of verses at you to back my claim up. If God did not see sin, sending Christ to die for the sins of the world was history's greatest blunder, was it not?

Old 05-23-2011, 06:05 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,013,407 times
Quote:
I can't quite peg down your worldview, since you implied in another thread that all religions can lead to God... but I can tell you a Christian worldview unquestionably states God sees sin... and I can throw scores of verses at you to back my claim up. If God did not see sin, sending Christ to die for the sins of the world was history's greatest blunder, was it not?
Yes, all religions can lead to God. Each have only part of the truth, including mine. Until we become as the substance of God, we cannot know all Truth.

Yup, I bet you can show me passages from a book. However, you cannot prove the truth with the bible since it is manmade. That book was written over 2000 years ago, some even up to 100,000 years. It's fallible. I can back up what I say too but then the circle would continue until one of us just walks away, leaving us both right where we started.

God didn't send Jesus to die for our sins because God did not demand any payment. God demands nothing of us because He gave us free will to choose. Jesus died because He stood by God and His Truths, which are all based on Love, be it natural or Divine. And yes, we did something that was thought to never happen. Our ancestors murdered a Creator Son because they did not understand Him. Just as most fundies today do not understand. You all read from a book but you do not get the Truth. God is not in that book, He has part of Himself in each one of us and that is where we are to look. Seems to me that with as many people who worship that book, they ought to be able to comprehend the message of Jesus and stop thinking that He needed to die for something He didn't even do.
Do you even comprehend how the angels wept because we destroyed Jesus and the very message He came to give? Can you comprehend the Love He had for us all and we still murdered Him? Why in this world would a sinless person pay for the sins that others created. Do you even understand what that implies? If you can't then I want no part of your religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.