Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the greatest threat to Christianity?
Islam 7 7.78%
Judaism 1 1.11%
Hinduism 0 0%
Atheism 12 13.33%
Other 70 77.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
South pile behind a north facing cow. You have kid programs that teach hate. You have 40 million viewers listening to a show that wants to eradicate Israel. Spare us the piles. We are not fooled by your marketing. We see the evidence worldwide of your so called "peaceful" religion.
I can't believe that only 40 million of us watch those shows. That is less than 1% of the 1.5 billion of us. Can you post the Channal listings for them shows. I'll have to spread them around and see if I can get the neilsen ratings up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 09:56 PM

889 posts, read 825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I can't believe that only 40 million of us watch those shows. That is less than 1% of the 1.5 billion of us. Can you post the Channal listings for them shows. I'll have to spread them around and see if I can get the neilsen ratings up.
This is in the middle east. Keep up the marketing until your have the majority. I must say it's a good plan. Evil, but a good plan. If the peaceful variety are good decent folks, which they maybe, they are, however, the unwitting co-conspirators of evil. One percent pure evil and 99% say nothing. And no ordained clerics. Why is that a good thing? That means you have 1.5 billion members and no one is in charge and no one organization has any authority. Translation, pure chaos. I'd take that one out of your marketing plan if I were you.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM

889 posts, read 825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Deception of the infidel is a command from Allah . . . not a suggestion . . . not merely allowed . . . but commanded! The Muslims here are simply following Allah's command. It is irritating and very annoying, though . . . especially since they seem to have stepped up the spamming assault on the R&P forum with all manner of video crap.
Yes, I have read that, too. It's such deception at a scale never seen in this world before.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
This is in the middle east. Keep up the marketing until your have the majority. I must say it's a good plan. Evil, but a good plan. If the peaceful variety are good decent folks, which they maybe, they are, however, the unwitting co-coconspirators of evil. One percent pure evil and 99% say nothing. And no ordained clerics. Why is that a good thing. That means you have 1.5 billion members and no one is in charge and no one organization has any authority. Translation, pure chaos. I'd take that one out of your marketing plan if I were you.
You are correct we have no central Authority. we actually are quite poorly organized. We stress personal responsibility in all things. We also have very little formal training in Islam. the majority of Muslims learned about Islam from their mothers. There is a saying among Muslims that the road to heaven begins at your mother's feet.

It is kind of strange that a religion with no central religious leader, no ordained clergy and commanding the adherents to question all things would have lasted 1400 years.

Just my opinion but wonder why most of the Terrorists seem to come from just one section of the world and we are spread out on every continent. Can it be that National culture is having more of an influence than Religion?

As far as us not saying anything. Anti-terrorism protest by Muslims take place world wide almost daily. But they never seem to appear in the western media.

For example even in this video you will only see about 3 seconds of the Muslim protesters

How many non Muslims are even aware videos like these even exist:

Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Deception of the infidel is a command from Allah . . . not a suggestion . . . not merely allowed . . . but commanded! The Muslims here are simply following Allah's command. It is irritating and very annoying, though . . . especially since they seem to have stepped up the spamming assault on the R&P forum with all manner of video crap.
I would like you to show me where that is in the Qur'an or Hadith. So far as I know "Taqiyyah" is a specifically Shiite concept and the point of it was to stay safe in times of persecution. Shiites would remain quiet about their beliefs to avoid being persecuted. It wasn't so they could be nefarious.

Now the Assassins, for a time, practiced Taqiyyah as a means to serve their military or violent ends. (Oddly "The Assassins", or what remained of them, evolved into the fairly benign Nizari Ismailis led by the Aga Khan) And several Islamists groups have taken that idea as well. However I don't think "deception of the infidel" is a common practice in non-extremist Islam, certainly not a commandment. But I could be mistaken, your evidence please? (And I mean from mainstream sources. Don't give me some anti-Islam oriented website or something)

Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 PM

874 posts, read 1,648,461 times
The Devil is the only thread to Christianity.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I would like you to show me where that is in the Qur'an or Hadith. So far as I know "Taqiyyah" is a specifically Shiite concept and the point of it was to stay safe in times of persecution. Shiites would remain quiet about their beliefs to avoid being persecuted. It wasn't so they could be nefarious.

Now the Assassins, for a time, practiced Taqiyyah as a means to serve their military or violent ends. (Oddly "The Assassins", or what remained of them, evolved into the fairly benign Nizari Ismailis led by the Aga Khan) And several Islamists groups have taken that idea as well. However I don't think "deception of the infidel" is a common practice in non-extremist Islam, certainly not a commandment. But I could be mistaken, your evidence please? (And I mean from mainstream sources. Don't give me some anti-Islam oriented website or something)
That is true only the Shii practice Taqiyyah. Nearly all of the world's shii live in the Mideast.Over 85% of the world's Muslims are sunni and most of them live outside the Mideast.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:17 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I see Christianity as being it's own worse enemy. It is destroying itself from the inside. Much of this came from the mid 1800s when the concept of Bible only fundamentalism came into being. This has resulted in loss of Church doctrine and canons. Organized Christianity is fast dieing. Partially from scandals within the Churches, but mostly from the growth of Evangelical Independent denominations.

From a handful of denominations there are now over 30,000 in the USA alone. each competing for members and each denomination being short lived.

This growth of unconnected denominations has paved the road for more secularism and a fast growth of Atheism.

The Christianity of today has brought about strong justification for atheism.

Hypocrisy of the word of God...that would be the most damaging thing...Not doing, not acting, not fulfilling...But saying alone....this is the hypocrisy of Christianity....saying but not doing...nor fulfilling..completely the word of God.

Eat only from the plants the fruits, nuts, and seeds, I have spoke to you to eat from....first instruction Ref (Thou shall not Kill Life)(every green Plant and tree yeilding seed are all Good for meat to eat for food) .

Tend and Keep the Garden...Second Instruction...(for perpetual continuance)

Do not touch this one of a kind plant, but let it be in my Garden..or you shall surely die....Third instruction...(Nothing omitted or taken away or made completely dead)...it is because of YOU it is like this.....change the signs when being disobediant.. from Positive... to negitive...back to positive in a opposite way to which it was taken.

And they touched, and they ate of this Forbidden Plant...and they died a death through the word of God being truthful.....and made a death...via their action....where there was no death before Mind, heart and hand broke that word of God...to make dead, what should not be dead...it is because of YOU it is like this.....changed the signs when being disobediant..and eating the only seed from the only plant, so no more could come forth from it....equals killing something...turning from Positive... to negitive...back to positive in a opposite way to which it was taken.

And so God put them into death...and told them it is all your doing...fix it...put back sinlessly what was taken in disobediance....restore back that plant to its rightful placement in my Garden...and forgiveness is sent through Christ Our Lord...."Those who Do the will of the father, shall enter Paradise".

Moses received the laws precepts and covenants completely, to bring us to that state of sinlessness if we follow them and uphold them....so it could be restored as God wanted it in his Garden..so it should be replaced..because it was taken...."Spy out Canaan and take the "seeds"...To make Edens of their own out of the wilderness...without killing (In line with the laws of God just Given t them to live By)....and with God with them...they could of made EDENS in less time than six days!... and shared everything Like God....But they turned their eyes on other lands..."Canaan, and went to war with those on it"...Murdering, slaughtering, coveting..raping and pillaging...worse than those who enslaved them before hand...to take what was not Given them...as God said I will deliver the lands of promise onto thee...I will move them from the lands to which you are to posses....they were already on that land...the wilderness which they already possesed with no contention or bloodshed on it...holy lands....

So..from there...Christ was sent to correct their error....and they slaughtered him...for pointing it out.

The IDOL of engraven Images...in the form of Money!....and he did not look upon it....for they showed him...But he looked up and away and said.."Who's title is on it?....(showing that he world not look)...and they had to tell him...Caesar's!....What Law is being violated with this?...making life which is freely Given...now cost a price..taking away what is free..theives!...murderers!...liars!!...and making sin through asking for this...as destitution comes with it...as does poverty...and all the evils...Soloman attached to it.

ENSLAVING the PEOPLE to need to have this...over the free Gifts...breaks all the commandments.

So sinlessness cannot be!...and restoring the plant to its rightful place with God.??..is turned and twisted into a illegal act to even sow...prohibition of plants, and poisoning plants...is in violation of the EDEN Principle.

How far bent does it Go?...Humansacrifices into wars made with lies, underhandedness, corruption, greed, selfishness...and not Sharing Like God Shares for Free....this is the hypocrisy that Kills Christianity now being done, while they say...I believe! and in God we trust!...and God bless this, and God bless that......and Yet not do what is required for those blessings?..."sell it all, Give it to the poor fools who want it..(give it back to Caesar) and Give onto God what belongs to God"...Edens..sinlessly done...not for profits and gains in dead things....But in caring for the living things God gave us...sinless...before God...

Now being polluted...and touching the dead blood of the life taken, which God said was for the accounting of the life taken..AND NOT TO TOUCH IT>...when killed over his Altar...for food...and sin offerings....Now being pumped up, and burnt to pollute the planet more!...see the whorre sipping it?...and who are in that body asking or buying that Blood of the saints, prophets, and others who tried to live for free..and speak the words spoken which they reputed, and hunted down to silence the truth of God?

No more sin, means no more need to offer up sin offerings!

Sin is the disobediance of God's word and will....So how many real Christians are there?

Hypocrisy!...it is with us all..$$$...until Christ showed us the way, and said follow me...No money required, because God has Given it to us....Amen?...and if Like God...then we should share like God....again no money required...and in keeping with the instructions first Given...we tend and keep the Garden well!
And sinlessly put back that plant to completely restore EDEN and Make Edens onto God as the multiple....who would of thunk it?...God turns out to be right...in the beginning and in the end....when bent humans in sin and evil destroy the planet for an IDOL or IDOLS told not to make.....because they did not listen to reason....but say they believe..and did not do....and as Christ said "You are making a den of robbers and thieves, sinners, and evil doers"....So it is by their hand, and all those who support it...that are now PARTNERS OF SATAN!....And warmongers, corruption, chaos, lies, and liars rule them all to this day...and every day hence forth...costing more and more to solve the problems the IDOL creates!

Let us say All Lies Come from Satan...$atan being the Engraven IDOL told not to have made more important than God for Life....This Idea of Money is in symbolic form the same thing!
The die is cast and engraven, it is then made copies of the original engraving..and used to take away the free Gifts of God...to make one pay a high price.

The value of the Idol...on it is engravened a marked value...this value is set on the IDOL...But it is not the true value of the markets set value....so the real Price of the IDOL is not set by what is engraven mark or written word on it...it is set by market Values....which makes the engraven Value a lie!....and all lies come from Satan.

Wars over people, to take away what they posses....with Lies, underhandedness, corruption, secret unions and promises to make wars...in secret....and then saying lies to hide that truth....Sadam was telling the truth....and they slaughtered him...and many others...and the oppression over his trade and people, was overly excessive!
Because he would not do as they wanted him to do...make war with IRAN!

Afghanistan...another rouge nation...under sanctions, and oppression of trade...to take away their birthright to the freedom of God...they were bribed to make war with Russian forces...supported, aided, and given weapons and training by the secret hiden entities who wanted the USSR to fail, and go bankrupt...so they cound bring in their democracy and aid with that IDOL...which they already had in a different form ...Rubuls....same IDOL different names....say symbolic disobediance!...same function, same Evils...same lies...same death making, and murdering...all the same evils, underhandedness, spying and lying..killing, harming the planet more and more with their lust for the industrail profiteering undermining the planets systems of eco health care!!!....raping it, polluting it, and not caring anything for it other than it is for profits and gains, and it does not matter how those things are taken or used...as long as they attach that IDOL to it all...it stays Satans!...and death is with it always!...and in many ways...I see that now more so!

So who do we work for when we support this IDOL?....remember the Commandment of God about such things?...and if Christ Kicks out the money and the money changers (the IDOL and its worshippers) from the house of God....then it is not wanted in the house period...it is not wanted at all!...I GIVE YOU EVERYTHING...means we also are to GIVE LIKE GOD>

that is what Hypocrisy is!

Last edited by Sir Les; 06-02-2011 at 12:06 AM..

Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 12,094 times
Default Looking forward to make a contribution

Hey - I am certainly glad to find this. cool job!

Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,131 times
The greatest threat? Bad Christians who don't do a single thing Christ asked them to do but never the less try to dictate how everyone else should live. These holier than thou hypocrites are why Christianity (and religion in general) is in the sorry state that it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality