Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 02:36 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times

Advertisements

Duct tape over mouth , best diet plan around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringwielder View Post
LOL! I love it...the bubble demons are making people fat! Where do you get this stuff from?

What do the gay demons look like? And what is the difference between condemning gluttons and homosexuals?

The Bible does say gluttony is wrong and they will be condemned by God.
I've seen people who eat 1500 calories a day and can't lose an ounce, likewise I've seen gluttons who are thin as rails.

The act of accepting Christ trumps the deadly sins concepts of the bible. No way to God but through Christ has no caveats.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:27 AM

393 posts, read 1,497,160 times
I don't understand the concept of worshiping a deity who makes you feel bad about yourself. Original sin? You're automatically bad from birth? I prefer deities who teach us to accept ourselves and others around us, who encourage instead of dishearten us, who teach us to celebrate life instead of telling us to wait for a future glory, who welcome us with open arms rather than telling us we should fear them. You do have a choice of what to believe in, after all.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:46 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
I think if I were fat I wouldn't sit around worrying that God was going to condemn me. I'd be too busy realising I was condemning myself. I'd do all that I could to improve myself and not look for excuses.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:49 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
I am a little over-weight, and for now I am just trying for a healthy diet, but my real problem is the media condemning ME. Is that God? Maybe 'he' is to you. Hey; I should put this last question to Maummar Ghadafi; I think he is defending the concept of reasoning in a differentiation from thinking about one's conscience.

Last edited by tgnostic; 07-09-2011 at 07:21 AM..

Old 07-10-2011, 09:29 PM

460 posts, read 593,054 times
Yes, Virginia, God condemns fat people. That's because he has run out of all the other things he wants to condemn people for.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:21 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
I read so much about how terrible homosexuality is on this forum, but hardly see anything about how disgusting overeating is (Proverbs 23:20,21)
Proverbs 23:20-21...

"Be not among the winebibbers
Among gluttonous eaters of flesh;

For the drunkard and the glutton shall come poverty"

That's not quite consigning someone to hell for eternity, is it? There are much more serious threats elsewhere in Scripture.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,468 times
Quote:
What do the gay demons look like?
Whoever designs Lady Gaga's costumes knows what they look like. I believe I saw a gay demon when Elton John appeared in the film version of The Who's Tommy.

Quote:
And what is the difference between condemning gluttons and homosexuals?
Absolutely nothing, provided that the person doing the condemning is neither a glutton nor a homosexual. Or anything else.

Quote:
The Bible does say gluttony is wrong and they will be condemned by God.
Yes, that's when the Blood of the Lamb really comes in handy.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,553 times
Elton John? I was just buzzing that I should reason like Him for being anti-conservative in the Self.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:43 AM

460 posts, read 593,054 times
The Bible does not say anything. It's a book.

People condemn, not God.

People condemn in the name of God, and then they put these writings in a book.

Then other people bow down at the altar erected by people and claim that the "true" God has "spoken."

I'm sorry, but I have read some of the most unenlightened "mouthings" on this forum that take a snippet of Scripture and then make all kinds of exegetical comments that are a universe away from the real intent and meaning of what has been written.

Let's make it real simple: God does not condemn; people do.

In the so-called Biblical days, women who were "fat" were the beautiful, gorgeous, icons of the day. What the writers were trying to point out is very similar to the slim, toothpick-legged goddesses of modern days: putting forward personal gains before other people and following worldly trends that become stumbling blocks to the true purpose of being in the world, which is "loving one another."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality