Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:52 AM

869 posts, read 972,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
In six days, a few thousand years ago, an omnipotent, omniscient deity created the world out of thin air and created humanity
1. Nope! The ones who claim that out-of-thin air scenario are the atheists who say that the Big Bag singularity was infinitely small in full knowledge that they are talking giberrish. Why ios it giberrish? It's gibberish because by their own admission nothing that's infinitely small can exist. Also, by their own admission, the infinitely-small balogna is used as a substitute for the more honest "We simply don''t know!"

The Bible clearly tells us that there was energy involved:

Quote:

Power is the rate of doing work or the rate of using energy, which are numerically the same. If you do 100 joules of work in one second (using 100 joules of energy), the power is 100 watts
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/work.html

Quote:
Jeremiah 10:12 He has made the earth by his power,....

Psalms 62:11....power belongs unto God.

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power....

Neither does the Bible say it was a few thousand years ago. The intitial or pre-preparatory day statement allows for the billions of years which geologists claim as the age of the earth. The Hebrew word for day also allows for a longer time period in reference to the prepararatory days mentioned. So the anti scientific view need not be assumed in relation to the Genesis account.

2. The Bible tells us that the snake or serpent was used as a puppet by a spirit being.

Quote:

He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years” (Revelation 20:2).

“The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him” (Revelation 12:9).

3. The Bible tells us that Adam was not deceived by that being.

Quote:
1 Tim 2:14
And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan....
4. The Bible tells us that God imediately set into motion a process of fixing things.

Quote:
Genesis 3:15
Quote:
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush[b] your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Genesis 22:18
Through your descendant all the nations of the earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Galatians 3:16 The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Tell me my friend-why is it that you take pleasure in repeating things that aren't necessarily 100% accurate?

Last edited by Radrook; 05-29-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 10:55 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Nope! The ones who claim that out-of-thin air scenario are the atheists who say that the Big Bag singularity was infinitely small in full knowladge that they are talking giberrish.
You really don't know what you're talking about do you. Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by june 7th; 05-29-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 05-29-2011, 11:58 AM

591 posts, read 641,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Christians, do you really believe this?

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. 27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Matthew 14:22,23

If a similar story from another religion was told to you, you would reject it as a fable. Why do you believe this story?

There is reports of walking on water and levitating Buddhas as well.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
There is reports of walking on water and levitating Buddhas as well.
Fake, fake, fake....

YouTube - ‪Floating Yogi‬‏

Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
I believe Jesus was the Son of God, not God Himself. As God Proxy, it seems like walking on water would be less shocking than say, raising the dead. Sure... Why not?
Biological son? Do you think Mary consented?

Old 05-29-2011, 01:57 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Satire aside, the most astonishing thing is that it once you commit to believe, and put self aside, it DOES make perfect sense. The scriptures say that it's all gibberish to those who don't believe and that turns out to be true.
It's not "gibberish". I understand perfectly what you believe and why you believe it. It's not at all confusing.

The problem is that it is not true. The fact that it is also "not logical" is just a side matter.

Old 05-29-2011, 02:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's not "gibberish". I understand perfectly what you believe and why you believe it. It's not at all confusing.

The problem is that it is not true. The fact that it is also "not logical" is just a side matter.

Yes, you may understand perfectly what I believe, but from a position outside of belief, you can't understand why nor see the depths of truth revealed in scripture. God does not reveal Himself to those who would deny His very existance.

Would you?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:06 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, you may understand perfectly what I believe, but from a position outside of belief, you can't understand why nor see the depths of truth revealed in scripture. God does not reveal Himself to those who would deny His very existance.

Would you?
Well for starters we could define "depths of truth". Something is either true or it's not.

Describe to me one of these "deep truths" that God provides you in scripture. Any example will do.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:55 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Christians, do you really believe this?

25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear. 27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” Matthew 14:22,23

If a similar story from another religion was told to you, you would reject it as a fable. Why do you believe this story?
I guess you're asking why believe in the supernatural at all. There's plenty of reasons, but I know from past experience people like you would never find them valid. Still I find the supernatural relatively easy to believe. So many human experiences, crossing many cultures and times, indicate it exists. And I find it satisfying due to limitations actual physics gives on our experiences.

If I knew of another religion that claimed their holy man walked on water I probably wouldn't believe it, but not because I think it's particularly absurd or strange. And it's possible, nay plausible, I would see it as having great meaning for them and not disparage them. I know the Hopi had a belief of twins who came to Earth to teach their people righteousness only to be killed by them. I think it's interesting certain themes are resonant to the human experience and was glad to learn of that story.

Being Christian doesn't mean you automatically despise or scorn everything not Christian. Being atheist doesn't mean you must scorn or mock everything not atheist, but I guess for some it does.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:13 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well for starters we could define "depths of truth". Something is either true or it's not.

Describe to me one of these "deep truths" that God provides you in scripture. Any example will do.

No thank you. You're not ready to receive it and, besides, I get the impression your only desire is to ridicule whatever I might say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality