U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:57 PM

7,780 posts, read 12,820,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Ah.....

Sometimes even June can "make connections" irrespective of how loud, (or nearly silent) the music is....

Take gentle care.
It's not the volume of the music my friend, it's the things it's having to penetrate.

As they are removed, the music resounds....and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-08-2007 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: changed 'blares' to 'resounds'...not much of a writer, but a decent editor:)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 PM

3,086 posts, read 5,383,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
If I had seen what the disciples saw. Been through what they had been through. After looking at all those verses, seeing the miracles and seeing my Risen King after His death, I wouldn't need to be told to write them down. I had already been told they were God's Words "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me"
Exactly! Whether or not Jesus directly told the disciples to write down everything they had experienced and heard, is COMPLETELY beside the point. IMO the disciples were so inspired and "filled with it", and convinced of the truth that they couldn't help but write it all down, and we can be glad they did.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,149,604 times
Quote:
That's an interesting perspective. I hope it works out for you.

If God gave instructions in the Old Testament to write down all the words He gave, and Jesus said "These words are from God", then what part of this equation are you having a hard time grasping?

God says in Jeremiah 30:2 ""This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you." and in Exodus "Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.""

Then, as quoted above, Jesus says "These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me."

So, if God says "Write down my words", and Jesus says "My words are God's words", just how much more 'authorization' do you need?
Oh, so now you attribute Gods specific instruction to Moses regarding the Old Testament, to Jesus telling his followers to write the New Testament. How convenient...when you don't have an answer.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Oh, so now you attribute Gods specific instruction to Moses regarding the Old Testament, to Jesus telling his followers to write the New Testament. How convenient...when you don't have an answer.
Dorado, I don't understand how you can say I don't have an answer. You said you were earnestly seeking an answer here and you said earlier that you did not have a preconceived idea of what the answer was....that you wanted to know.

You asked. I answered.

If you don't agree, fine. But don't say I don't have an answer.

God says "Write my words down". (by the way Jeremiah isn't Moses)

Jesus says "These words are God's"

Then the words get written. Sorry if that doesn't set well with you, but it's the best answer for your question I can find.

In short, Jesus did not say to write His words down. God did.

Old 10-08-2007, 01:27 PM

1,372 posts, read 4,627,671 times
he just wants to be argumentative Alpha.... let it go

Old 10-08-2007, 01:29 PM

7,769 posts, read 10,026,878 times
Quote:
It's not the volume of the music my friend, it's the things it's having to penetrate.

As they are removed, the music resounds....and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Ah, but that's just it, my friend:

Music does not penetrate. It infuses. It becomes a part of us, and we become a part of it. If I can create music, I am the music.

--And therein, lies both that beauty, as well as ourselves...

Old 10-08-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Ah, but that's just it, my friend:

Music does not penetrate. It infuses. It becomes a part of us, and we become a part of it. If I can create music, I am the music.

--And therein, lies both that beauty, as well as ourselves...

If I'm trying to listen to music with earmuffs under a football helmet, it certainly does have to penetrate the obstacles to get to my eardrums.

Yes I could hear a faint, or was it "almost silent", murmuring.

But until I remove the barriers, the music can't reach me.

Also, as far as the source, my music isn't nearly as Good and True as the music created by The Master Composer.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
If I'm trying to listen to music with earmuffs under a football helmet, it certainly does have to penetrate the obstacles to get to my eardrums.

Yes I could hear a faint, or was it "almost silent", murmuring.

But until I remove the barriers, the music can't reach me.

Also, as far as the source, my music isn't nearly as Good and True as the music created by The Master Composer.
Ohhhhhh! You are good! However:

It is not by just the ears alone that we hear the music, much less are able to connect with it, and thus know it...

"I built my house from barley rice..."

Take gentle care,
-June, emptying into white

Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM

Quote:
It is not by just the ears alone that we hear the music, much less are able to connect with it, and thus know it...
Very true. Won't argue that.

But, or as you say, However:

Earmuffs, footballs helmets, blinders, welding glasses, lead shields, or body armor...if you want to keep it out, you can. But once it gets in, you just can't keep it in.

I'll also add that once the 'music' we're talking about here really gets in, you can not fathom how you ever didn't hear it.

Something about being a new creation makes it hard to understand the old one....

Old 10-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Quote:

Something about being a new creation makes it hard to understand the old one....
"Give me a word, give me a sign.
Show me where to look.
Tell me: What will I find?"

And everything emptying, into white....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality