Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 09:23 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,434,688 times

Advertisements

I don't call it sin but I find the most repulsive thing child molestation or pedophilia. Whatever you want to call it: sin, crime, evil whatever it just sickens me and turns my stomach. I can't even watch TV shows where they show these sick monsters because I feel such intense hatred for them. If there is any time in my life I wanted there to be a heaven or hell it would be for those people when they died to rot in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 09:46 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,184,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I don't call it sin but I find the most repulsive thing child molestation or pedophilia. Whatever you want to call it: sin, crime, evil whatever it just sickens me and turns my stomach. I can't even watch TV shows where they show these sick monsters because I feel such intense hatred for them. If there is any time in my life I wanted there to be a heaven or hell it would be for those people when they died to rot in hell.
I agree with this. Most other sins only affect the sinner. This sin destroys the innocence of a child.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,450,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I agree with this 100% Troop, and it makes me shake with anger and try as I might I cannot hate the sin and love that sinner. He is not a human in my opinion, he stopped being human the first time he lusted after a child..

Old 08-07-2007, 10:09 AM

14,647 posts, read 9,638,130 times
The worst sin for the sinner is the sin of unbelief, because there is no chance of forgiveness without belief.

The "natural man" in me see's justice as the best way to treat sin (the wrong way), so I defer to scriptures:

The Mat 18:6
“But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a huge millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the open sea.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:23 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,205,099 times
In the eyes of the Lord, ALL sins are repulsive AND equal. I think thats the most important thing to remember.... no sin is greater than the next.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,450,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The worst sin for the sinner is the sin of unbelief, because there is no chance of forgiveness without belief.

The "natural man" in me see's justice as the best way to treat sin (the wrong way), so I defer to scriptures:

The Mat 18:6
“But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believes in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a huge millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the open sea.
Thanks Dave, I love that verse... I don't feel so evil hearted now..BTW what exactly is a millstone and where can they be found

Old 08-07-2007, 10:29 AM

329 posts, read 1,096,878 times
I personally think the worst sins... are the sins that are committed yet are never asked to be forgiven because of lack of remorse by the sinner

Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 AM

Default one change .....and I agree

Quote:
Steve-o said: In the eyes of the Lord, ALL _______ sins are repulsive AND equal. I think thats the most important thing to remember.... no sin is greater than the next.
Add the word "Believers", after the word ALL, and this is a true statement. The Non believer sin has no chance to be aquitted of their sin... so in essence, they are condemed to suffer the consequence of their choice. Believers however........ have been aquitted, therefore all our sin crimes are the same, in the eyes of Christ.

The "act" maybe the same but the results are different. So "worse" is for the non-believer.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
blue62 said:what exactly is a millstone and where can they be found
If you ever heard of a "mill right" they are persons that makes large machines/items "right" as in balanced, level, straight, etc.
Mill stones are traditionally found where flour is made. There are two stones, a stationary stone, and a movable stone. In the Middle East they also use the stones as a press for olive oil.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:12 AM

7,099 posts, read 27,130,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
In the eyes of the Lord, ALL sins are repulsive AND equal. I think thats the most important thing to remember.... no sin is greater than the next.

Since we are all sinners, then that seems to mean that you think that everything we do is repulsive to God. Does that include sitting at a computer when we could be out doing good deeds for others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality