Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 AM

740 posts, read 2,013,628 times

Advertisements

Ok guys... I am back. WooHoo... I love coming home... What an awesome trip. As KAWG said, we met on Friday and ended up sitting in a McDonalds and losing all track of time. We did the same thing when we went to lunch on Saturday. She picked such a great place to meet. Very quiet... we did talk about everything!!! And yes, we did talk about most of our online family as well... She has such a love for the Lord. I jumped in her car and it was like riding in my own when I heard Dr. Tony Evens come on. LOL... What an absolutely beautiful person. On the inside and out. Her and I have so much in common we could be sisters. Isn't it funny how the Lord brings people into our lives so that we can see that in all we are going thru we are not alone? We did have a great time... I would do it again in a heartbeat. Too bad we live so far from eachother.... I hope that this is the picture that we both agreed upon... http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f54/ibcwife/CT.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by ibcwife; 08-13-2007 at 09:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 09:37 AM

On the day that KAWG and I were meeting, my husband, was supposed to be golfing.. but he made a stupid move in the golf cart on the second hole and ended up re-breaking the rib that had finelly almost healed! It took about 8 months to heal the first time. So for the rest of the trip he was hurting....bad. But he tried not to show it.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
What a wonderful day for both of you..I am so glad you got to meet and are sharing it with all the rest of us Can't wait for Ibc to have a safe flight home and shows us the pictures
Thanks blue... you are such a doll... Thanks to everyone here for your thoughts, blessings and prayers... It was a great trip... well... not so much for the husband, but I know that he was glad that I was there when it happened.. and that it didn't happen at the first of his trip... considering he had been there since Monday. that would have been bad...

Old 08-13-2007, 09:47 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
I have been reading this quietly,I think it's awesome that both of you have met! That's God's way of getting two wonderful women together! God bless you!

Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,910,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
On the day that KAWG and I were meeting, my husband, was supposed to be golfing.. but he made a stupid move in the golf cart on the second hole and ended up re-breaking the rib that had finelly almost healed! It took about 8 months to heal the first time. So for the rest of the trip he was hurting....bad. But he tried not to show it.
Wow! I hope he's ok!!!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzedforhim View Post
Wow! I hope he's ok!!!
Thanks Jazzed... there is nothing they can do for a broken rib.. it has to heal on it's own. He has it wrapped, but he is still in alot of pain. It doesn't help that my son came in the basement last night and set off the alarm... which shot my husband up out of bed....ouch.. and he told me this morning that I hit him in the ribs last night while I was asleep... maybe something subconscious? LOL....jk... when he went to sleep he was laying on his back which would have put it on the opposite side as me. I guess he turned over and was laying on his stomach. At which point, as I see it, he opened himself up for it. He doesn't like to take pain medication... so as he says... he will just have to suffer thru it.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I have been reading this quietly,I think it's awesome that both of you have met! That's God's way of getting two wonderful women together! God bless you!

Aaawww... thanks... that was sweet. It was kinda weird telling everyone at the conference what I was going to do. But after the fact they were all happy for us too.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,197,520 times
Great pic of you guys! And no bloody axes in the pic either..guess your online meeting ended up a safe one, LOL. Now I'm jealous you got to meet kawg.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:16 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
How kind! Thank you Dragon!

It was wonderful! I would also do it again in a heartbeat. We're already hoping and looking forward to the possibility of them coming here again next year , providing I am still here then.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:25 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Great pic of you guys! And no bloody axes in the pic either..guess your online meeting ended up a safe one, LOL. Now I'm jealous you got to meet kawg.
Ahhh, Jeff, that was sweet! Maybe we will just all have to have a cd family get together someday! It would also be great to meet YOU Jeff!
I feel truly blessed to have met everyone on here. There have been so many people that has touched my life in one way or another.

IBC...Thank you for being a friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality