Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:51 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times

Advertisements

Is there more than one Creator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 09:09 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
In other words, Who is the God that you would choose and why ?
What makes me think you had an answer to your own question, even before you started this thread?

Old 07-10-2011, 09:38 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Hi
If ... & I said if you have the desire to worship a God and as we all know there are alot of Religions who worship alot of different gods .. dont you think it would be wise to choose the one God that considered as the one and only God and the creator of everything ?
Is there another Religion than the three Abrahamic religions ( If we consider Jewdism and Christianity as monotheism believers ) that believe in the one and only God .. the creator of everything ?
I've seen some of your other posts. They tend to show why you believe a certain way, but be stated in ways difficult for people not of the Abrahamic religions, particulary people who are not religious at all, to understand.

Two examples are that I see no reason for pooping and dying to be viewed as ignoble. Also, perhaps the universe has always existed in another form before the big bang.

Quote:
Humans dies .. Gets sick and goes to the toilet ...
I can't worship a God that goes to the toilet
The universe created by the Big Bang so I can't worship a God that have been created by other cause ...
There is a Christian science fiction writer named Ted Dekker. I've read a trilogy of his stories named "Black," "Red," and "White." I am still an atheist, but his stories show how the Bible could make sense according to common non-religious perspectives, the most important of which being that many non-religious persons see no reason, as far as evidence is concerned, to believe God exists.

They're basically the Bible in science fiction form so as to trick people into reading it, but they are entertaining. You'll know the basic plot if you've read the Bible, just replace a belief in false Gods with the belief that the main character came from another planet by spaceship, Jesus with Justin, and Eve eating the apple with Thomas Hunter stepping over a bridge to the other side of a river (to the evil half of the world).

They could work as an example regardless of which of the Abrahamic religions you hold to be true.

I'm of the opinion that, regardless of whether a viewpoint is right or wrong, it's best to attempt to show that viewpoint in a way that is most likely to been seen in the same way through everyone's eyes, because this tends to save time.

Another good example is "Cathedral," by Raymond Carter, although I found the portrayal of the non-religious person as a tragic, lost soul to be inaccurate, as i'm sure most non-religious persons will. Everything else in the story was well written though.

Last edited by Clintone; 07-10-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 07-10-2011, 02:13 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
Lemmy Kilmister, the one true god.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:31 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,518 times
Quote:

Don't you think that true God is the one who we follow his will not the other way around !!
Let's just say for the sake of argument that there's as much chance that there is no god as there is a chance that some god does exist. I mean, with no evidence that there is a god, just giving god a 50/50 chance is a wild stretch.

So if there is no god, who made the specifics of the fabricated "god"? Well, man did. Man assigned his various gods their looks, places of residence, personalities, etc. Man did the same thing with Santa Claus. What somebody believes in his god depends on what religion that person chooses to follow. My religion has god as a lighthearted guy who believes it's okay to doubt god's very existence. My god thinks it's okay because he hasn't provided any kind of evidence that he's there. My god knows that "faith", unlike hatred or jealousy, is an inert characteristic, and not a requirement for goodness. So my god doesn't demand faith. And God is okay with religious jokes too. Since my God made the platypus and the noise of farting, I figure he has a sense of humor.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Your god needs to spend more time with my god.
He looks pretty pale.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:17 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Who is the God that you would choose?

UH....that would be (D) none-of-the-above.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:48 PM

460 posts, read 593,115 times
I'm with Dusty.

I mean, why would I have to choose a God?

We really don't choose friends. We have acquaintences. We have "friends": people we know and sometimes hang out with. If we are lucky, we have one best friend. That one person is hip-and-joint.

For me, God is hip-and-joint. IT doesn't require that I bury my head into a rug x times a day, go to church service at least once a week, fork over a certain percentage of my meager income to dubious causes, believe a certain way or else, ad nauseum.

God accepts me for who I am and what I am. IT asks only one thing of me, and I try to do my best in living up to that request: love my neighbor.

Other than that, IT looks after me and my own. And when the "end" comes, I'll leave that up to IT. I could care less. Meanwhile, as I traverse the Valley of Death, there's work to do and a whole lot more people to love.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:02 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Q: If Lemmy is God, why doesn't he perform a miracle and remove those two wart thingies from his face?

A: LEMMY DOESN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU, PUNY MORTAL

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Hi
If ... & I said if you have the desire to worship a God and as we all know there are alot of Religions who worship alot of different gods .. dont you think it would be wise to choose the one God that considered as the one and only God and the creator of everything ?
Is there another Religion than the three Abrahamic religions ( If we consider Jewdism and Christianity as monotheism believers ) that believe in the one and only God .. the creator of everything ?
This question requires some diligence and research. The truth is there, however. I have reasons on the link provided below.

Light Ministries Prophecy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality