Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 08:06 AM

570 posts, read 731,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur
There is no hope of educating you on evolution, as your mind is closed on the subject, but for the benefit of other readers I will respond....

The evolution of living organisms is the consequence of two processes. First, evolution depends on the genetic variability generated by mutations, which continuously arise within populations. Second, it also relies on changes in the frequency of alleles within populations over time.

The fate of those mutations that affect the fitness of their carrier is partly determined by natural selection. On one hand, new alleles that confer a higher fitness tend to increase in frequency over time until they reach fixation, thus replacing the ancestral allele in the population. This evolutionary process is called positive or directional selection. Conversely, new mutations that decrease the carrier's fitness tend to disappear from populations through a process known as negative or purifying selection. Finally, it may happen that a mutation is advantageous only in heterozygotes but not in homozygotes. Such alleles tend to be maintained at an intermediate frequency in populations by way of the process known as balancing selection.

Mutations generate variations in the gene pool. The less constructive mutation are outnumbered in the gene pool by natural selection, while more favored and beneficial mutations continue to accumulate, leading to evolutionary change. Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I did not ask you to explain the theory of genetic evolution !!!
You did that because you do not have a convincing answer to the question you know it & I know it .
Quote:
There’s no hiding the fact: the moth is the dowdy relation of its prettier cousin, the butterfly. But one Manchester moth holds a special place above all 'God's creatures' as proof of evolution. BBC - Manchester - Science - Darwin's moth: 'proof of evolution'
See ??!!! ... I knew it
What ?
The Color of a moth !!!!
The Color of a moth !!!!!!!!!!
Ladies and gentlemen ...evolutionists present to you the most conclusive evidence that you came from an Ape Ancestors ...

Noooooooooooooo !!!!

come on guys !!!
Is that the best you can do ?!!
I am talking about evolving from one thing to another & you are talking about a color change ??
I am talking about evolving from Ape Ancestors into Humans & you are talking about a color change ??
A camouflage Shield against enemies ...!!!!
The best evidence to the whole theory of evolution is a color changing moth !!!!
We came from Ape Ancestors because a moth changes its color !!!
Birds evolved from dinosaurs because a moth changes its color !!!
Where are those uncountable examples of evolution that found all around us everywhere when you really needs them ??!!!
Oh wait ...!!!
I found another Human evolution evidence ...
Michael jackson turning from black to white ....
I will till what ...
We will play a game calls " Discover the one difference "

mmmm
The same body shape
the same parties
the same moth
Ohh ... the color is different ...
*Any way I am not surprised that you couldn't find a convincing answer to that question because Richard Dawkins himself couldn't !!!
Back to that Darwin's moth story !!
Even this week evidence that Makes evolutionists Jump for Joy over it is not complete !!
It should go into evolutionists fraud hall of shame
Judith Huber "Of Moths and Men" & Bruce Grant Professor at the College of William and Mary a rebut charges that the Peppered moth story is fraudlent "Charges of Fraud Misleading "..
Do any of these names ring a bell?
Ok ..
*Many famous ecologists who have studies that phenomenon for more than twenty-five years, such as Cyril Clarke and Rory Howlett & many others have Stated, "that the (Kettlewell) has forced the butterflies in his experiments to act dispose of its nature behavior , and then it will not be possible to accept the scientific results of this experiment ".
Judith Huber "Of Moths and Men"
*Well, the best way to put it is that what we are seeing is the scientific process at its best. Majerus and other ecologists have carefully examined the details of Kettlewell's work and found them to be lacking.
"From Ken Miller's Evolution Page"
Educate yourself about recent science studies and leave that old fake uncomplete stores to the dustbin of history ..!!
I am out for today
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 08:30 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,991,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
I did not ask you to explain the theory of genetic evolution !!!
You did that because you do not have a convincing answer to the question you know it & I know it .

See ??!!! ... I knew it
What ?
The Color of a moth !!!!
The Color of a moth !!!!!!!!!!
Ladies and gentlemen ...evolutionists present to you the most conclusive evidence that you came from an Ape Ancestors ...

Noooooooooooooo !!!!

come on guys !!!
Is that the best you can do ?!!
I am talking about evolving from one thing to another & you are talking about a color change ??
I am talking about evolving from Ape Ancestors into Humans & you are talking about a color change ??
A camouflage Shield against enemies ...!!!!
The best evidence to the whole theory of evolution is a color changing moth !!!!
We came from Ape Ancestors because a moth changes its color !!!
Birds evolved from dinosaurs because a moth changes its color !!!
Where are those uncountable examples of evolution that found all around us everywhere when you really needs them ??!!!
Oh wait ...!!!
I found another Human evolution evidence ...
Michael jackson turning from black to white ....
I will till what ...
We will play a game calls " Discover the one difference "

mmmm
The same body shape
the same parties
the same moth
Ohh ... the color is different ...
*Any way I am not surprised that you couldn't find a convincing answer to that question because Richard Dawkins himself couldn't !!!
Back to that Darwin's moth story !!
Even this week evidence that Makes evolutionists Jump for Joy over it is not complete !!
It should go into evolutionists fraud hall of shame
Judith Huber "Of Moths and Men" & Bruce Grant Professor at the College of William and Mary a rebut charges that the Peppered moth story is fraudlent "Charges of Fraud Misleading "..
Do any of these names ring a bell?
Ok ..
*Many famous ecologists who have studies that phenomenon for more than twenty-five years, such as Cyril Clarke and Rory Howlett & many others have Stated, "that the (Kettlewell) has forced the butterflies in his experiments to act dispose of its nature behavior , and then it will not be possible to accept the scientific results of this experiment ".
Judith Huber "Of Moths and Men"
*Well, the best way to put it is that what we are seeing is the scientific process at its best. Majerus and other ecologists have carefully examined the details of Kettlewell's work and found them to be lacking.
"From Ken Miller's Evolution Page"
Educate yourself about recent science studies and leave that old fake uncomplete stores to the dustbin of history ..!!
I am out for today
It's really the theory of adaptations .
Have a great day.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:40 AM

7,055 posts, read 12,282,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
There's nothing wrong with your option but it will not be fairly evaluated because it deflects from racial superiority.
That is not the only reason why it won't be fairly evaluated. Most folks just aren't educated on this topic because (unlike evolution) this topic is NOT fed to you. You have to seek this knowledge in order to find it. For me, I didn't even care to look until I saw a craft with my own eyes roughly 4 years ago. What I saw defied logic in so many ways that I honestly thought it was a dream. However, I did a little research on the craft that I saw and it was reported by others in my area (this told me that I wasn't dreaming). I totally understand why folks are skeptics. For me, I had to be a witness before I became a believer. However, when folks like ex-governors come out about their UFO experiences, I do feel somewhat vindicated.

‪Disclosure - Governor Fife Symington - CNN Phoenix‬‏ - YouTube

At any rate, I've never really been a big fan of the laughable creation myth. Evolution in my mind always made more sense. However, the more that I study evolution, the more that I question its validity. YES science classifies us as being apes (they have to do this because debunking creation has always been the goal of modern science). Apes ARE our closest living relatives, so there you have it. However, I do feel that UFOs are real and MUCH closer relatives to us are flying those bad boys. I feel that these ETs did visit Earth roughly 200,000 or so years ago. While here, they did a few genetic experiments with upright walking "pre-humans" which caused the sudden appearance of homo-sapiens.

Over time, their genetic experiments became creation myths and virgin "immaculate conception" stories that virtually every ancient culture has. No matter where you go on this planet, the belief that "our father" is some kind of God (ie, a sky daddy) dominates the thinking pattern of most humans. Maybe there is some truth to that line of thinking that we've been over looking? Unfortunately, the official stance on UFOs/ETs is that they probably exists, but there is yet no evidence of their existence. As long as our official stance on this issue is a lie, we can NEVER come up with a truthful theory on the origin of man. The bottomline is that Darwinism is the "best" theory given the fact that we still live in the pre-ET acknowledgement era. One human looking ET somewhere in the universe is all it would take and Darwinism is dead. How about evidence of other humans (and NASA's cover-up of this knowledge) in our own solar system?

‪Life On Mars? - New Scientific Evidence - Bullett Version‬‏ - YouTube

Now, I know most people has the image of a hairless/short/grey/man with black eyes in their heads whenever someone mentions aliens. Quite a few researchers in the UFO field are convinced that most of these ETs actually look like us; and that governments purposely released images of the one ET race that looks the most "alien" to us.

‪Aliens - Sgt. Clifford Stone goes public about 57 species‬‏ - YouTube

Like I said earlier in this post, when dealing with the "unbelievable" seeing is believing. I don't expect my posts to sway the opinions of anyone that has not witnessed this themselves. However, it is hard to know a secret and not share it with others.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbeavs3 View Post
How are UFO sightings as a topic "not fed to you"? Did you see one? And by any chance were you within 500 miles of a military base where flight-training is done?
I live on the east coast. No matter where you are on this coast, you are within 500 miles of a military base with flight-training. If it makes you feel any better, what I saw was a military test plane (ROTFLMAO). Here's a 15th century painting of a craft that is somewhat similar to what I saw...

Yup, these guys back in the 1400s were within 500 miles of a military base with test flights too huh? Now carry on with you guys' pointless debate about creation vs evolution umkay....

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 07-19-2011 at 09:10 AM..

Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 AM

33,501 posts, read 37,011,343 times
Quote:
At any rate, I've never really been a big fan of the laughable creation myth. Evolution in my mind always made more sense. However, the more that I study evolution, the more that I question its validity. YES science classifies us as being apes (they have to do this because debunking creation has always been the goal of modern science).
You have that backwards...Since there is no evidence for creation (or for your hypothesis either for that matter) creation spends much time and effort in vain attempts to debunk evolution.

squall -lionheart
... I did provide evidence of human evolution in post 7 and again in post 17, and others have as well....You either could not understand them or just ignored them, thus a much simpler example of evolution the moth, which you apparently do not understand either.

You can find all the links so far discovered between modern humans and our long ago common ancestor here, and there are plenty.... The Human Lineage Through Time | Becoming Human

I fully expect though, that once more you will ignore any and all evidence that shakes your creationist tree.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:25 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,081,154 times
As far as the painting goes....you might consider this...
http://thetruthbehindthescenes.files.../08/sky-10.jpg

There are a lot more here.... Weird Clouds (100 images) | THE TRUTH BEHIND THE SCENES

Old 07-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have that backwards...Since there is no evidence for creation (or for your hypothesis either for that matter) creation spends much time and effort in vain attempts to debunk evolution.
You should do more research on your history. Darwin was a naturalist that was trying his best to come up with a theory (the first theory) to debunk creation. He simply replaced the word "God" with the words "natural selection". No more will people believe that an actual man in the sky was behind the selection process. Nature (not God) did it.

Not only was this line of thinking accepted, it was also indoctrinated into our society. Today, one can't make it out of 8th grade without knowing and accepting evolution as fact. To me, this is no better than religions in the past shoving their dogma down the throats of people from the time they are born.

Darwin's theory was a good one for its time, but our understanding of the evolutionary process has expanded with DNA evidence. The current theory is that we share a common ancestor with modern apes; we did not evolve from them. This much is scientific fact...
Quote:
Humans did not evolve from monkeys. Humans are more closely related to modern apes than to monkeys, but we didn't evolve from apes, either. Humans share a common ancestor with modern African apes, like gorillas and chimpanzees. Scientists believe this common ancestor existed
5 to 8 million years ago. Shortly thereafter, the species diverged into two separate lineages. One of these lineages ultimately evolved into gorillas and chimps, and the other evolved into early human ancestors called hominids
Evolution: Frequently Asked Questions

Here's the problem created by "common ancestry". Ancestry is just a fancy way of saying "parents from long ago". With that said, humans and apes are brothers that share a parent. However, that means there could be another parent that we don't share. Science says that "natural selection" made us lose fur, walk up right, get smarter, build machines, make clothes, and fly off planet with rockets. I say our "other parents" is why we're so different from the rest of the apes.

Think of it like this. If natural selection is all about survival traits passing on, why on Earth would we lose fur? Fur provides protection from the Sun and the cold. As a result, we make clothes to compensate for our lacking fur. Also, why don't we have good feet like primates (ya know, the type of feet that can run on hot pavement without a $200 pair of shoes). Why do we have such weak joints and back muscles (compared to primates). Seems like this trait would have lived on in humans as well (yet we need knee and hip replacements, wheel chairs, and walkers as we age). Let's not forget about our poor vision (glasses/contacts/lasik anyone?). How about our skin that burns in the sun and gets cancer from too much sun?

The bottomline Sans is that the only physical advantage "nature" gave us is our brain. And there is evidence that our intellect was not by chance...

‪Evidence against evolution The HAR 1 Gene‬‏ - YouTube

Here's more on this gene...
Quote:
The analysis showed that HAR1 is essentially the same in all mammals except humans. There were just two differences between the versions found in chickens and chimps. However, there were 18 differences between the chimp version and the one found in humans - which scientists say is an incredible amount of change to take place in a few million years.
BBC NEWS | Health | Research finds 'unique human DNA'

Old 07-19-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to understand your point. You think UFOs are legit because of an oil painting?
Here's a fairly recent news conference that you might have missed...

‪UFO Disclosure Press Conference National Press Club 27 September 2010 CNN subtitles‬‏ - YouTube

Here's the testimonies from three different NASA astronauts...

‪Astronaut Gordon Cooper Talks About UFOs‬‏ - YouTube

‪Edgar Mitchell UFO interview on Kerrang Radio 23 july 2008‬‏ - YouTube

‪Astronaut Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM

67 posts, read 56,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
You should do more research on your history. Darwin was a naturalist that was trying his best to come up with a theory (the first theory) to debunk creation. He simply replaced the word "God" with the words "natural selection". No more will people believe that an actual man in the sky was behind the selection process. Nature (not God) did it.

Not only was this line of thinking accepted, it was also indoctrinated into our society. Today, one can't make it out of 8th grade without knowing and accepting evolution as fact.
Really? Tell that to 8th graders in Texas and Alabama!

Quote:
To me, this is no better than religions in the past shoving their dogma down the throats of people from the time they are born.
What? At least evolution science provides people with the steps by which scientists came to the conclusion.

Creationism is taught by fiat. There is no research, no experimentation, no observation, no study, no work! It's simply a flat assertion.

The two methods of explaining the universe couldn't be more different.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Really? Tell that to 8th graders in Texas and Alabama!

What? At least evolution science provides people with the steps by which scientists came to the conclusion.

Creationism is taught by fiat. There is no research, no experimentation, no observation, no study, no work! It's simply a flat assertion.

The two methods of explaining the universe couldn't be more different.
Evolution is NOT at war with the creation myth any more. It is at war with new evidence that forces us to re-think what we thought we knew about human origins. Where natural selection and survival of the fittest has always failed is with the fact that humans are physically inept when compared to our mammalian "cousins". The most "alien" animal on this planet is the man/woman that looks back at you in the mirror. YES, apes are our relatives too. There is DNA evidence of this FACT. However, there's more to the story.

What happens if I am correct

If we are the hybrids of apes and ET visitors, then the creation myth and evolution both told the truth (in a way). Yes we did evolve and yes a sky daddy did have a hand in it. The "immaculate conception" was nothing more than primitive man trying to explain ancient artificial insemination as best they could.

Also (if I am correct) religion would die; point, blank, period. No one (I mean NO ONE) is willing to continue worshiping a sky man once we have identified the space traveling human-like species that gave us the idea of a "God" in the first place.

With that said, what government on this planet is currently willing to blurt out information that will debunk the existence of there ever being a God? Exactly....This knowledge is gonna come out slowly over time until people gradually become "OK" with it. That is what's happening today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality