Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,232 times

Advertisements

Well I see my post was completely ignored, how convenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
#597? I'm afraid that having posts ignored is something one has to get used to in debating theists.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 AM

570 posts, read 733,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Once again, humans are apes; ie, members of the superfamily Hominoidea.

Your comment is like demanding a link between dogs and canines -- the demand makes an illogical presumption.
Why are you saying that to me !!!
Tell it to the one who invented this term & those who follow his footsteps .
*When we say "missing link," we invoke a metaphorical chain, a set of links that stretch far back in time. Each link represents a single species, a single variety of life. Because each link is connected to two other links, each is intimately connected to past and future forms. Break one link, and the pieces of the chain can be separated, and relationships lost. But find a lost link, and you can rebuild the chain, reconnect separated lengths. One potent reason for the attractiveness of this metaphor is that it allows for the drama of the quest, the search for that elusive missing link.
by Austin Cline
I will give you a simple example :
How did Car engines developed from "Primitive Car Engine" to "advanced Car engine SUV" ?
The answer is :
"Internal Combustion Engine" ...
It was the Missing link in my question ...
There for ... evolutionist still looking for the "missing link" where advanced Ape (human) began to take more advanced "form and mental capabilities" than its ancestors .
They are looking for that "fossil" like you were looking for "Internal Combustion Engine" in my question .
Get it ?
The only deference is that we finde the answer to my question while they couldt finde that fossil !!
You know why ??
because humans never comes from apes ancestors .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius
Then you'd better explain how the animals that were not on the ark managed to survive.
I was able to answer you according to my faith & said God creat them but no I wont ...I rather say that We dont have the answer to everything !!
Why ?
Because we are humans !!
It is our jop to gain knowledge until the day we die ..
We are in never ending search of the truth & we will always wont be able to have the answer for everything .
Only God knows everything .
Quote:
You just don't have a clue do you?
See the above post ( My reply to Voyageur ) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman
If Noah built an ark to save his people from a global flood, where did the water come from, and where did it go?
Where did the great Mississippi Flood come from and where did it goes ?
Where did katrina hurricane come from and where did it go ?
I could go on all day long !!!!

...to be continued

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 08-27-2011 at 06:55 AM..

Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,110,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post

Where did the great Mississippi Flood come from and where did it goes ?
Where did katrina hurricane come from and where did it go ?

Please, please tell us you're just joking.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post

Please, please tell us you're just joking.
Haven't you ever heard of what we called "Exclamatory Question" ?!!!
Mmmmm ... ok , If I tell you that I am not would you please explain it to me !!

Old 08-27-2011, 06:52 AM

Here's a nice, easy-to-understand educational lesson on some weather basics.

lessonplans

Old 08-27-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Here's a nice, easy-to-understand educational lesson on some weather basics.

lessonplans

Do you understand now orogenicman ?
Ok ..
Keep those Primitive educational lessons up ...
Thank you

Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 AM

Where do you live and what kind of kindergarten and elementary school did you attend?

Old 08-27-2011, 07:43 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Why are you saying that to me !!!

I'm not. You insist on wallowing in ignorance. But I am speaking to others
who will read this thread, others who are not so desperate as you to cling to illusions and reject reality, others who appreciate knowledge.

The "missing link" claim is a canard. The nested hierarchy of fossils has been well-established and fully-confirmed by the universality of biochemical organization, DNA sequencing, and retroviruses, to name just a select few.

The "missing link" claim is again a canard. No fossil record is complete, as fossilization is known to be extremely rare. Any fossil discovered merely replaces one gap in the sequence with two gaps, despite the record having become more complete with the discovery.

Can you produce a single fossil of a Passenger Pigeon? Nope. None are known to exist, despite a population estimated to be in the billions 500 years ago. Can you produce a single fossil, or set of remains, from one of the millions of ancestors you had who lived 1000 years ago? Nope. Yet we both know that you descended, through those ancestors, from people who lived before. So, obviously, your reliance on remains every step of the way is nothing but a nonsensical demand.

Humans are apes because Homo sapiens are members of the superfamily Hominoidea, of the order Primates, of the class Mammalia, of the phylum Chordata, of the kingdom Animalia.

Whether you like it or not.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default No بیضه ها; obviously.

Quote:
√ Humans make mistakes .
Only God is alwayes wright .
But never "right".

Quote:
You should declare this great discovery to the world because evolutionists themselves admit that they could not prove or explain how life arose from non-living matter .

√ Who said Noah's ark Carry all kinde of species ?!!
Noah's ark Carred some types of animals not all types ...

It is strange that you seems surprised how one ark carred a huge number of species but at the same time you believe that a single cell that no body even know how it exist or where it come from was able to taken out all kind of species ... millions & millions of different types of composition, different shapes and different characteristics from the same cell !!!
Really? Scientists "admit we have no idea..." where life came from or how it happened? Boy...you REALLY don't have a clue how any of this works, do you?

Tell you what, s-l. The true test of an honest debater's intellect and integrity is when they can explain the other side's argument, and then decisively provide rebuttals, point by point, on such technical matters.

Your statements about how evolution and biogenesis works show you have neither the understanding of the processes involved, nor the بیضه ها to do so when politely asked.

So... prove me and us wrong! How? YOU briefly (point-form) explain the current "theories" on abiogenesis, and quote let's say, the top 2 or 3 research programs, ongoing as we speak, that have seen the successful genesis of biochemical molecules from inorganic precursors (I do hope I'm not flummoxing you with 50¢ words here; after all, you do claim to know it all).

As well, explain the results of the now established and irrefutable (and perhaps check out THAT word while you're at it!) DNA genome mapping that has PROVEN the direct link between earlier species and our own, along with intermediate species.

Some free help (no really; you're quite welcome!):

Recent African origin of modern humans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Recent African origin of modern humans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(this next one is a "must-read", BTW... but we'll see if you do. There will be a simple test.

DNA, Ancestry and Human Migration

In particular, if you do get all brave 'n'stuff, go to this section:

"How do genes tell the story of our ancient ancestors' migrations?"

It answers your stupifyingly naivé question, following:

Quote:
Missing link between man and apes ...

Early human ancestor that may have been a intermediate stage as ape-men evolved into the first species of advanced human.

I will explane Islam point of view about evolution theory .
That is it .
Oh. I see. You want an overnight version, a sort of "Cat gives birth to a dog overnight" situation, huh? OK then! Very intelligent and knowledgeable.

As for the Islamic point of view, realize, s-q, this is of course only a point of view. It is based on sweeping (and often contradictory) statements and interpretations, completely absent any supporting empirical evidence other than the usual verbal claims from an ancient text dictated to fervently loyal believers. The man himself could not even read nor write.

Provide us with just one good case of documented empirical evidence for God's Genesis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
If Noah built an ark to save his people from a global flood, where did the water come from, and where did it go?
Quote:
I think the weird "vapor canopy" is usually trotted out to the question of where the water came from. It makes no sense for a variety of reasons, but that's the inherent problem of trying to find facts to fit an agenda, rather than developing theories to suit the facts at hand.
Yup. They have come up with some real (but geologically illiterate) doozies, about the earth opening up and hucking up vast ground water flows (almost 20% of the volume of the planet) that has been waiting patiently just under the surface, but oddly, still undetected by hydro-geologists.

Then, on command, the Earth opened up again and swallowed it all back up again.

Hilarious if it wasn't so pathologically impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
When presented with this quandary, Christians clam up. Any of them care to take this problem on right here and now?

But that does not dull their fairy-tale story, esp. in Sunday Schools, where fear-mongering is the only thing left to teach.
I just noted this morning a new thread over on the Christian "sub" asking for ideas on how to improve Sunday School attendance, since it's falling precipitously in most Church congregations.

They might try being honest for a change. Kids today also attend science classes, even in their elementary and middle schools, and they now know how to ask the basic skeptical questions. Noah's Ark simply fails outright on even the most cursory investigation, and no amount of silly Comic Book handouts will prevent these savy kids from seeing through the ruse of Christianity.

They have more faith in their i-Pods, and understandably. That device took real science and perseverance, unlike a simple bumbling-mind acceptance of the old fairy tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A tiny, shrew-like creature of the dinosaur era might have been, in a sense, the mother of us all.
Ahhh yes; you have her eyes, sans! I see it now! Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Well I see my post was completely ignored, how convenient.
Please tell us which post number. I'll take a run at it if you'd like. Or not.

Quote:

I'm not. You insist on wallowing in ignorance. But I am speaking to others who will read this thread, others who are not so desperate as you to cling to illusions and reject reality, others who appreciate knowledge.

The "missing link" claim is a canard. The nested hierarchy of fossils has been well-established and fully-confirmed by the universality of biochemical organization, DNA sequencing, and retroviruses, to name just a select few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflmn
Oh my; you just lost him, Voyager. Waaayyyy toooo many 50¢, and even some 75¢ words and phrases for his level of understanding.
The "missing link" claim is again a canard. No fossil record is complete, as fossilization is known to be extremely rare. Any fossil discovered merely replaces one gap in the sequence with two gaps, despite the record having become more complete with the discovery.

Can you produce a single fossil of a Passenger Pigeon? Nope. None are known to exist, despite a population estimated to be in the billions 500 years ago. (NOTE from rflmn™: not to mention written documentation all on record) Can you produce a single fossil, or set of remains, from one of the millions of ancestors you had who lived 1000 years ago? Nope. Yet we both know that you descended, through those ancestors, from people who lived before. So, obviously, your reliance on remains every step of the way is nothing but a nonsensical demand.

(NOTE from rflmn™: Yup! Yah truly got him here, Voyager! He's cowering in the intellectual corner now!

Humans are apes because Homo sapiens are members of the superfamily Hominoidea, of the order Primates, of the class Mammalia, of the phylum Chordata, of the kingdom Animalia.

Whether you like it or not.
He won't, for sure, but still.... VERY well stated Voyager! (But remember to limit them 75¢ wordz... They can be SOO confusing to the uneducated and intransigent!)

It's obvious to a sensible person that the fossil record is in no way obligated to provide us, nicely preserved, toe-tagged and labelled, intact samples of all of our descendants, including where they should have been found.

Therefore, we have to play forensic scientist, and we've done a spectacular job of that to date. Not the least of which are the impressive results and consequences of the staggeringly effective DNA genome mapping tool, which absolutely, irrefutably, and unambiguously now defines our ancestry.

Unless, of course, you have a set of these:

Google Images

and these...

Google Images

Worn in concert, Christians and Muslims can be fully protected from The Inevitable Truth.

So be it. All yee who deserve it, go forth and be stupid.

Last edited by rifleman; 08-27-2011 at 08:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality