Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2012, 06:10 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
I was waiting to be impressed in a way which is obviously not forthcoming. Why did you bother posting it? Several of your threads have to do with proof of God. Yet you have failed to produce any, and when this is pointed out to you, your response appears to be that nonevidence is enough for you. If you don't care, don't post threads about it.

I hold no intrest in impressing you; and I will continue to share my views; and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that.

What you consider as a fail, I consider as just another day of proof.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:13 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Mickiel do you believe Jesus truly said a man should have only one wife?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Mickiel do you believe Jesus truly said a man should have only one wife?

I have never read where Jesus got into how many wives a man could have, nor have I read him being for it either. Why do you ask?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I have never read where Jesus got into how many wives a man could have, nor have I read him being for it either. Why do you ask?
Honestly, because you come across as a fundamentalist that does not know he is one. I gather from past post it seems to me the only things preventing you from becoming evangelical is wine and women. I'am not not a Biblist but I think the requrements for a pastor are that you be of one wife and no wine. The deacon should be of one wife and little wine. Are you trying to hold to these standards? One wife is anti-evolution and I do not believe Jesus, if he was real and for us all, said it. Capitalism may have said it but he/He did not

Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Honestly, because you come across as a fundamentalist that does not know he is one. I gather from past post it seems to me the only things preventing you from becoming evangelical is wine and women. I'am not not a Biblist but I think the requrements for a pastor are that you be of one wife and no wine. The deacon should be of one wife and little wine. Are you trying to hold to these standards? One wife is anti-evolution and I do not believe Jesus, if he was real and for us all, said it. Capitalism may have said it but he/He did not

I hold no intrest in evangelicals, I hold absolutely none in becomming a deacon or a pastor; I have passed my player years and choose to live sober now, and one woman is enough for me. I don't think Jesus ever got into the multiple wives subject, I don't think it intrest him. But I will give this rare advice; its hard to use Jesus to support personal agendas, if he has not personally spoken on that agenda. So if your for multiple wives, you can't use Jesus, your going to have to enlist some other source.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:55 AM

434 posts, read 342,398 times
Quote:
I hold no intrest in impressing you; and I will continue to share my views; and there is absolutely nothing you can do to change that.

What you consider as a fail, I consider as just another day of proof.
lol, I don't care to change it. It does not matter enough to me. Martyr much? What you consider another day of proof is failure.
It's called cognitive dissonance.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Let me say this Gab; there are two things in life I have overindulged in- wine and women, I went at them with no end. And those were the two things which crippled my life, and gave me the most trouble. But they also gave me the most pleasure.

So a time will come that a man has to do battle with those things we take pleasure in, and its very hard to eventually have to fight off the lust of your flesh after doing it for 40 years.

Looking back, I wish I was then, as I am now. But its too late, I am wounded and have to live on with those wounds. But I refuse to use the bible to support my lust.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:09 AM

You prove God to yourself by using " Soberiety", you get quiet and sedate in your consciousness and take a serious look at this thing. Free yourself of the excess of religion, the exaggeration of Atheist, and the demeanor of doubt; begin a temperate study of history, and do not neglect science - but incorperate it into the study as well. Use an even look into your available resources and be rational.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Let me say this Gab; there are two things in life I have overindulged in- wine and women, I went at them with no end. And those were the two things which crippled my life, and gave me the most trouble. But they also gave me the most pleasure.

So a time will come that a man has to do battle with those things we take pleasure in, and its very hard to eventually have to fight off the lust of your flesh after doing it for 40 years.

Looking back, I wish I was then, as I am now. But its too late, I am wounded and have to live on with those wounds. But I refuse to use the bible to support my lust.
I do not have any agendas besides increasing tolerance and decreasing suffering. It is not my right to tell others, outside of my brood, how to live. I can try to increase my family's chances of survival by influencing others. Other than that I have no need to lobby others but...I think what you are calling lust is actually called nature.

Question: Why was polygamy okay in O.T. and not in the N.T.?

Old 07-07-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
I do not have any agendas besides increasing tolerance and decreasing suffering. It is not my right to tell others, outside of my brood, how to live. I can try to increase my family's chances of survival by influencing others. Other than that I have no need to lobby others but...I think what you are calling lust is actually called nature.

Question: Why was polygamy okay in O.T. and not in the N.T.?

I think perhaps the same reason why slavery was okay in one century but not in the next, the customs of the people change, and there are laws that should be changed with those customs. People become more refined, and the laws should follow that; one would hope the refining will always be an improvement, and I don't think God is against that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality