Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 12:45 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,578,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
With all these contradictions of statements you have made yourself a prime target for non-believers to come in and pick you apart. As far as from a Christian viewpoint we are convicted by the Holy Spirit as we know for sure that Jesus is the only way, as there is not multiplicities of ways but only one.

These are not contridictions , they are my life story; lived in real time. And I do not accept the " Word of mouth " convicted by the Holy Spirit testimonys given by some Christians, I only accept how people live and what is comming out of them as proof they are being visted by the Holy Spirit. Nothingless than that. Anybody can make claims to be led by the Spirit, but the proof of that is in the pudding; their conscious life!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,428,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
Lucky for me it was God who convinced me and not myself.
If you want to chase fairy tales, knock yourself out, I have more respect for myself than to chase fantasies.

Nor did any god convince you, this is purely a self-inflicted fantasy you suffer from.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:13 PM

707 posts, read 683,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If you want to chase fairy tales, knock yourself out, I have more respect for myself than to chase fantasies.

Nor did any god convince you, this is purely a self-inflicted fantasy you suffer from.
And what do you know? Your opinion is just that.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
And what do you know? Your opinion is just that.
I know that 100's of millions (billions perhaps) of people have searched for any evidence for 10's of centuries, and all the findings (none, nada, zip, zilch) to even suggest any god exists has yet to be produced.

Yep, really gives more credence to my opinion The lack of evidence is really quite overwhelming don't ya think?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I know that 100's of millions (billions perhaps) of people have searched for any evidence for 10's of centuries, and all the findings (none, nada, zip, zilch) to even suggest any god exists has yet to be produced.

Yep, really gives more credence to my opinion The lack of evidence is really quite overwhelming don't ya think?
And billions believe, currently. Just look at any global stats. Here's one I just found by random.
World: Religiosity (II) – Belief in God « small-m

Old 09-08-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
And billions believe, currently. Just look at any global stats. Here's one I just found by random.
World: Religiosity (II) – Belief in God « small-m
And that proves it's one of the greatest con jobs ever sold to humanity. But before you dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, recognize "you" believers are still a minority.

The truth is most are brainwashed, programmed, educated into the club of fantasy believers starting in the crib. Now lifelong captives of the fairy tale they dare not challenge (remember the programming) and are classic examples of people suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Quote:
And that proves it's one of the greatest con jobs ever sold to humanity. But before you dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, recognize "you" believers are still a minority.

The truth is most are brainwashed, programmed, educated into the club of fantasy believers starting in the crib. Now lifelong captives of the fairy tale they dare not challenge (remember the programming) and are classic examples of people suffering Stockholm Syndrome.
That site clearly shows that believers are a huge majority. Once again an atheist takes something clear and ignores it. When you are on the outside things often look much different that when you are on the inside. How would you even know how someone believes? You probably stick to some biblical/religious viewpoint which is not always the case for belief.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
That site clearly shows that believers are a huge majority.
DoH, and that proves what. It proves the "programming" from the crib through the formative years is a very effective form of brainwashing........

or......

Proves PT Barnum was right, except his estimate of how often they are born was really really low.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
DoH, and that proves what. It proves the "programming" from the crib through the formative years is a very effective form of brainwashing........

or......

Proves PT Barnum was right, except his estimate of how often they are born was really really low.
You first try to say the minority now you realize it's the majority and call it brainwashing from the crib. You just have no idea do you. Some people are in their 30's, 40's 50's etc when they come to believe. Hardly from the crib.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:16 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,342,326 times
Quote:
If we both had a swimming pool in our backyard you remind of someone asking me how to swim in it and when I describe how I swim you stand there telling me all the reasons it wont work instead of just trying. I can only conclude that you are afraid of the water.
Not sure what that nonsense analogy is meant to be saying but it does not change the fact that you put words in my mouth I did not say. It also does not change the fact you are not giving any evidence for your claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.