Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 05:35 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,515,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You prove God to yourself by reconization; the framework of both your mind and eyes will need to be tuned up and tuned in. It will stun you just how many proofs of God there are.

To be honest with you, I really don't think it can be numbered, there are so many of them. And all of them are stunning.

Take a grand tour of the solar systems and see the proofs of God that are hanging in the sky like territorial art; Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Venus, Mars, Ganymede, Titan, Callisto, Europa, Triton, Rhea, Iapetus, Umbriel, Nereid, Enceladus, Amalthea, Janus and Epimetheus, Thebe, Naiad, Mimas and Ariel. See and believe the work of the Majestic One; view and be certain of the fingerprints of The Holy One; get your head out of that sand which claims that God cannot be proven.

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Venus, Mars, Ganymede, Titan, Callisto, Europa, Triton, Rhea, Iapetus, Umbriel, Nereid, Enceladus, Amalthea, Janus and Epimetheus, Thebe, Naiad, Mimas and Ariel.

-are evidence of:

Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Venus, Mars, Ganymede, Titan, Callisto, Europa, Triton, Rhea, Iapetus, Umbriel, Nereid, Enceladus, Amalthea, Janus and Epimetheus, Thebe, Naiad, Mimas and Ariel.

Not gods. You remain debunked.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:45 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicstargoat View Post

-are evidence of:

Not gods. You remain debunked.

If bueaty exist only in the eye of the beholder, then one of us could be called blind; but the fact that you fail to pin the creative tail on the donor of the universe, simply proves that bueaty exist no matter what human eye can see it.

You remain unable to credit God.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
If bueaty exist only in the eye of the beholder, then one of us could be called blind; but the fact that you fail to pin the creative tail on the donor of the universe, simply proves that bueaty exist no matter what human eye can see it.

You remain unable to credit God.
Beauty is evidence of beauty, no gods required. I am unable to credit a concept for anything without evidence. You have provided ZERO evidence and only personal awe and incredulity.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
I would be way more concerned with proving myself to God than proving God to myself.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would be way more concerned with proving myself to God than proving God to myself.
Why?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Red face On the other hand....

Quote:
Quote:
The Hydrologic cycle is proof of God, ( also known as the water cycle). Plants absorb water and animals obtain it by drinking it or eating other animals that are made up of some water. The water returns to the environment when plants transpire and animals perspire. Such a cycle is pure evidence of a great designing mind, who, like an intellectual creator, simply knew what he was doing. Its too perfect and pristene to have created itself randomly.

The " Pressure " that random self creation is under, is a proof of God; even science cannot help ease all the pressure placed on random theorys to explain- without God, what God has done.
Quote:
Then explain to me why so many do debate me? Explain to me why so many are reading this psychopathic with a mental illness, including yourself?

Explain to me why so many people worship and love God, inspite of his killing of innocent people?

Explain these things to me, if you will because I am curious about it.

Explain to me why God loves and cares for psychopaths like me. Explain to me why God would even deal with my mind, knowing I have serious mental problems; why he still cares about people like me?
We have tried to help, to argue with you, and in some cases, when your commentary arouses hostile and combative responses in others, to convince you with simple logic. We have done this because that's what caring humans do when, for instance, we see an immature or ill-developed child eating rudely with his fingers, or chewing with his mouth open while also trying to talk, or not properly taking care of his or her own health issues, or hurting themselves with dangerous drugs or by inhaling plastic glue. We are compelled by common decency and an ethical sense of what is right versus what is so obviously wrong, to intervene, Mickiel!

And that self-infliction has always been the case with you, truth be told. You have massaged all these old mass hysteria and revisionist stories into versions you believe in, but for which there is, actually, no good validation nor test criteria. As with your claims about the hydrologic cycle: you look up some existing process and, being awestruck (a common problem with the scientificall illiterate. Not a criticism, Mickiel, just an easily observable and demonstrable fact in your case...), you then auto-attribute it all to God. Sadly, we also know that many things you attribute to God have actually arisen or evolved long after the so-called complete and perfect earth was formed. (So... God is still at it, huh?)

But since it all seemingly fits (Cram! Slam! Hammer! Rip! Bend! Contort!) into your own special imaginary morality play, you assume it all proves God, or that these tilted conclusions obviate the alternate truths as you refuse to see them.

Well... That's just not so, my boy. Simply not so, but you will never change, hence I, just one of many, have left you to wander your own private psychological wilderness.

And I also know that you really don't care either. Hey; if you are happy, even if your ideas might in truth be errant, so what, right? If it lets you sleep better at night, awaiting a Great Golden Ship that we know will never come, then so be it. Better than Amiben, that's for sure. Maybe.

It's just too bad you don't see the damage it does to the truth. Like a child doing itself harm....

Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Nice post Rifleman. I have given up trying to explain to Micki -he is happy with his beliefs and it is best to just let him post them. I doubt it is going to do any damage. I still believe that people want some good reasons for what they believe and compiling a list of everything you can shake a stick at is not what I call good evidence of anything much.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Why?
Because it is my belief and I really have no need to debate the issue with you or anyone else nor do I feel compelled to explain it to your satisfaction.

I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Because it is my belief and I really have no need to debate the issue with you or anyone else nor do I feel compelled to explain it to your satisfaction.
Then why did you write it?

Quote:
I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.
Oh, another empty threat. Dismissed.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:34 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Then why did you write it?
Why indeed? Effectively that is an example of the drive -by poster. Tosses in a one -line tract and is gone before we can call them on it. Here our pal stayed long enough to say he didn't care what we thought and is not going to debate it. But we'd find out soon enough....

Quote:
Oh, another empty threat. Dismissed.
Indeed as it was nothing to do with proving God to one'self (I'll never learn how to spell that ) or others but just stuffing a Tract up our noses as he passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality