Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There is no such thing as abiogenisis, there are only two possibilitys, God created all life; or all life created itself.
Really? How about life landing here aboard a meteorite? How about we were placed here as an biological experiment by extra-terrestrials? How about we arrived when when pixies sprinkled magic dust everywhere? How about....how about....how about? We could fill a page with ways that life may have got here.

Quote:
If God didnot create life, and he himself does not exist, it remains that everything created itself from nothing, because the universe obviously didnot always exist, cardon 14, the cambrian explosion and the deteration of matter all prove our universe didnot always exist.
Explain how those thing prove that the universe hasn't always existed.

Quote:
It had a beginning.
There is no evidence that the Universe couldn't have always existed, in some form or other. You just don't like that idea because it removes the need for your supernatural creator.

Quote:
Since it didnot always exist,....
Unproven assumption. You note that the Universe exists and then immediately jump to the unfounded assumption that there must have been a time when it didn't exist.

Quote:
evolution must claim it started its own existence and created itself.
'Evolution claims no such thing. Even though you have already been told the difference between evolution and the origins of life, you still ignore it. You display abject ignorance of the subject and worse, that you are more than happy to wallow in that ignorance.

Quote:
I tell you man; I don't see how in the world of reason anyone could swallow that.
Yet you are quite happy to swallow some invisible deity scooping up a handful of dirt, blowing on it and creating a man. You are more than happy to swallow nonsense about talking animals, global floods, every living life form on the planet fitting into a small boat and living there for almost a year, someone walking on water, someone feeding thousand with hardly any food and then having more food left over than they started with and someone being killed and coming back to life??

Oiy vey!!! The mind boggles at how people like you can even manage to start their car.

Why don't you address the question I asked you at the end of post #273?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:07 AM

2,319 posts, read 4,800,934 times
Did you even read the link? What's the point of retyping all that when you can simply read it there? Why do you want everyone to do the work for you? There are ample websites that explain the controversy. AND, what is the connection between disbelief in evolution and the existence of god? Thousands (maybe millions) of Christians believe in both.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 AM

33,522 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
I was once asked" where is the cop?" The cop was outside going away.

Thus the " Cop was out".

This is a classic cop out.
Talk about a cop out...You didn't even look at the site I linked to did you? If you had you might have understood why you are so ignorant about evolution and the scientific method...For one thing science works with evidence, not proofs....There is theory and fact.

Lets compare the theory of gravity to the theory of evolution...(You do believe that gravity exists, right?)
Gravity... Theory.... objects with mass attract one another.
Fact.....An object dropped will fall downwards

Evolution....Fact.... Changes in organisms can be observed over generations.
Theory ...Is the mechanism that causes these changes.

For evidence of evolution.. Evidence of common descent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Two things I have noticed certain Atheist will do when they are challanged in ways that shake them; they start speaking in defeatist terms, ( you failed misrably) and they will seek ways to " get rid of the challange", like call you a troll in hopes of you being silenced.

Interesting if not predictable behavior, I think it detracts from the debate. I am interested in the debate, and I try to conduct myself in a manner that encourages its continuance.
Yeah right...Is that what you call it when you say I'm copping out because you are too lazy to click on a link...Perhaps there might be something on that link you really don't want to see, huh?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Talk about a cop out...You didn't even look at the site I linked to did you?
This is a futile exercise mate. The dude is pathetically ignorant about what he's trying to dismiss... and happy to remain so. Frankly, I find it rather depressing that such people are freely walking around amongst us. One can only hope that he doesn't have children to whom he will pass on his delusions.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:25 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,300,819 times
Default If you were serious...

Quote:
Two things I have noticed certain Atheist will do when they are challanged in ways that shake them; they start speaking in defeatist terms, ( you failed misrably) and they will seek ways to " get rid of the challange", like call you a troll in hopes of you being silenced.

Interesting if not predictable behavior, I think it detracts from the debate. I am interested in the debate, and I try to conduct myself in a manner that encourages its continuance.
If you were serious about learning, then you would follow the link that was given to you, and address the 5 misconceptions text that you found there. If all you want to do is say that you are right and no one can challenge your beliefs effectively, then there is no further need to engage with you.

Giving you a link is not a cop out. It is an accepted method of discourse.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:07 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Well it obviously makes no sense to you, it makes perfect sense to me. Via la difference, our consciousness are on different lines of perception. And I like the way I think, it comforts me, I believe in how I think, my confidence in it grows. I believe in God, because I like believing in him, it comforts my consciousness.

In my view, the only reasonable beginning of the theory of evolution, ( and its still a theory, it has never been proven) is first matter creating matter from absolute zero, then life somehow creating itself out from under a rock.
It makes no sense, period.

Absolute zero is a state of matter -- to say that "first matter creating matter from absolute zero" is absolutely nonsensical, for before there was matter (ie, before the first matter, as you say) there could be no temperature.

You are attempting to discuss subjects that are somewhat technical but, frankly, not all that complicated if one simply familiarizes themselves with them. You haven't -- you have no idea what you're talking about. And it makes you look like a fool.

In that regard, at least, your statements serve a useful purpose...

Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:

I have read all you have linked, and disagree with much of it, not all of it. I disagree with the way they present fossils as records for evolution, I disagree with that. In my studies, all fossils appear instantly in the fossil record. They reveal a total absense of multicellular life forms in the " Lower two thirds" of the earths crust. This is refered to as the precambrian period. Then, advanced life appears in abundant numbers during the Cambrian period. This period contains the oldest rocks in which complex fossils are found. The Cambrian sedimentary rock fossils contain many millions of highly advanced and well developed life forms. This is refered to as the " Cambrian explosion", one of the proofs of God.

In the precambrian period, the fossil record only has sparse, unicellular fossils. In the Cambrian period, the fossil record clearly indicates life appeared suddenly in tremendous complexity, great diversity and unbelievable abundance without evolving from any ancestors. Stunning proof of creation.

There was no gradual evolution of the fossil record. If everything developed from the same primordal soup, surely there would be some very basic creatures that would have existed between the soup and the creatures we are familiar with, there are not. Why?

Old 08-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I have read all you have linked, and disagree with much of it, not all of it. I disagree with the way they present fossils as records for evolution, I disagree with that. In my studies, all fossils appear instantly in the fossil record. They reveal a total absense of multicellular life forms in the " Lower two thirds" of the earths crust. This is refered to as the precambrian period. Then, advanced life appears in abundant numbers during the Cambrian period. This period contains the oldest rocks in which complex fossils are found. The Cambrian sedimentary rock fossils contain many millions of highly advanced and well developed life forms. This is refered to as the " Cambrian explosion", one of the proofs of God.
I'm afraid that your studies are badly out of date, either that or you chose to believe what is posted on a creationist site. Fossils certainly do not appear instantly, but span a time period of billions of years. Sorry, there is no proof of God there
There was no Cambrian "explosion". The Cambrian period was 543 million years ago lasted almost 50 million years. The Cambrian Period

Quote:
In the precambrian period, the fossil record only has sparse, unicellular fossils. In the Cambrian period, the fossil record clearly indicates life appeared suddenly in tremendous complexity, great diversity and unbelievable abundance without evolving from any ancestors. Stunning proof of creation.
Previous to the Cambrian is a time called the Vendian period from 650 to 540 billion years ago, and many multi cellular fossils have been found from that time period. The creatures found from the Cambrian evolved from the creatures of the Vendian period.... Sorry about that...There is no proof of creation there. Introduction to the Vendian Period

Fossils from the Vendian period. Vendian Animals

Quote:
There was no gradual evolution of the fossil record. If everything developed from the same primordal soup, surely there would be some very basic creatures that would have existed between the soup and the creatures we are familiar with, there are not. Why?
Oh, but there absolutely is a gradual record of evolution in the fossil records...In fact the fossil history of life on Earth has been pushed back to 3.5 billion years before the present.

What I have shown you here is undeniable evidence of the evolution of life on earth from an unbiased and reliable source.

You really can stop looking for a half man half ape now, but if you want to see an ape up close, just look in your mirror.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,590,271 times
Quote:
I'm afraid that your studies are badly out of date, either that or you chose to believe what is posted on a creationist site. Fossils certainly do not appear instantly, but span a time period of billions of years. Sorry, there is no proof of God there
There was no Cambrian "explosion". The Cambrian period was 543 million years ago lasted almost 50 million years. The Cambrian Period

This site points out nothing different than I have, they didnot gradually appear, they all appeared during the same period. Its absolute proof of God, it shows the universe didnot always exist, neither did animals, neither did humans, there was a beginning for all things. And I find the bibles explination of that beginning, far superior to that of evolutionist theorys. Its a definte way to prove God to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality