U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-17-2011, 03:35 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,459,472 times
Reputation: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The Archaeology that disproves anything biblical, I think should stand as much as those which proves it.
Excellent! So you will accept that the Bible contains stories that archaeology shows to be untrue?

Quote:
And I am not interested in post 21.
Well! Well!. Why am I not surprised.

 
Old 07-17-2011, 05:02 PM
 
3 posts, read 2,665 times
Reputation: 10
Salam mean peace iwill try my friend to explain in english i want to tell u god is tru u know u want somthing solid itell u u have brain inside your head but u cant catsh it but we bealeave that it is there also god he makes us and trees and all the world god is more powerfull than we emagine for example electresity we dont see but we feel it in tv and etc ... Nothing like god and if u want to now about him i am proud to teach u about him god wants us good people with every one there is no gods just allah alone no partner he dosnt need partner he is nothing like him mieky
 
Old 07-17-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 1,930,739 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENKER BELL View Post
Salam mean peace iwill try my friend to explain in english i want to tell u god is tru u know u want somthing solid itell u u have brain inside your head but u cant catsh it but we bealeave that it is there also god he makes us and trees and all the world god is more powerfull than we emagine for example electresity we dont see but we feel it in tv and etc ... Nothing like god and if u want to now about him i am proud to teach u about him god wants us good people with every one there is no gods just allah alone no partner he dosnt need partner he is nothing like him mieky

I thank you for your offer, but I hold no intrest in being taught about God by anyone. I would rather learn alone.

Peace.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 05:57 PM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 1,930,739 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Excellent! So you will accept that the Bible contains stories that archaeology shows to be untrue?

.

Oh yes, if I ever see it.

Peace.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Ohio
8,281 posts, read 3,583,362 times
Reputation: 3958
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Proof of God is the creation itself. We're all held accountable for judgement based on this fact alone. We all know God exists. Some suppress this while others misrepresent who the creator is to justify their actions. In the end truth, absolute independent of opinion. All that don't accept our creators provision for redemption through the appointed Messiah Jesus (350+ prophecies fulfilled) will have to pay for our own transgression. We can't plead ignorance.


"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23 KJV


"If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin." John 15:22 KJV


"11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." Revelation 2:11-15 KJV

The cloak for our transgression is in Jesus the messiah. We all must go through him (John 14:6 KJV) to avoid the "Great White Throne" judgement. Our book of life is read back and judged according to the scriptures. We all have our day in court - even those that are covered by the blood of the messiah. The difference is all that are saved by the blood of the lamb will be saved from the second death. The second death is eternal.

"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." Mark 9:43-45 KJV

Our enemy is our pride.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall." Proverbs 16:18 KJV

We have a young earth - evolution is a lie from the pit of hell.

‪Age Of The Earth by Dr. Kent Hovind‬‏ - YouTube


The Bible is history
Bible History Online Images and Resources for Biblical History


The scriptures are of supernatural origin (probability of prophecies)

‪Authentication of the Bible : Chuck Missler Part 1‬‏ - YouTube


‪Proof that Jesus was the Son of God‬‏ - YouTube


They are the creator's message to us. We were created to be with God, but we are separte before his perfection with our transgression. We are a cursed people in a cursed creation, but this shall all come to pass.
I am familiar with Dr. Kent Hovind. I have about six of his dvds. I am also aware that he now resides in prison like the common criminal he is for tax evasion, or atleast the last I heard he was still there. Some Chritian for ya huh?

I find most of his sermons humorous and would like to have a scientist evaluate his "age of the earth" sermon, as I doubt it would hold water. Most of his Ideas are outlandishly stupid so I assume they all are. One of his main arguments is that carbon dating is flawed and dosnt work. Nowhere else have I ever heard this especialy not in the scientific community.
 
Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
7,884 posts, read 4,459,472 times
Reputation: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Oh yes, if I ever see it.

Peace.
Rather...if you ever believe it.

Are you going to ignore post 39 as well as 21?
 
Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
24,368 posts, read 17,419,003 times
Reputation: 9792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Rather...if you ever believe it.

Are you going to ignore post 39 as well as 21?
Of course he is, Mickiel thinks he is blogging, and has no interest in anyone's opinion but his own.
 
Old 07-18-2011, 01:47 AM
 
4,953 posts, read 1,739,219 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The evidence of God is endless
So I have heard but I do not believe it. The fact that given this "endless" evidence that no one is capable of presenting even a scrap of it to me suggests that it simply is not there after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
We cannot see emotion, wind, or magnetism, but we know they exist
That depends on how you are defining "see". There are ways to indeed observe such things and to directly measure their effects and prove that those effects come from the actual things being observed and not other sources that we are merely misconstruing as being from the source we think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Well, one can see the " evidence of God", and simularily know he exist.
Great. Show us that evidence then if we can see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
It is obvious that if Jesus existed, thats a strong indication that God exist
Erm no, if a man called Jesus existed then this i just evidence that a man called Jesus existed. It is not evidence he was who or what is claimed he was at all, nor is it evidence that a god exists.

You claim he was an "extraordinary" man? Fine. Even if that is true then so what? Our history has seen many "extraordinary" men. I have no doubt that if such a man existed he was a man of extraordinary compassion and charisma. That does not make him a god. It just makes him a man of extraordinary compassion and charisma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
We have the city.... located the river.... We have the actual house.... have 2 possible tombs...evidence of biblical accuracy....
actual site where Jesus was killed.... portion of the very pavement.... Garden of Gethsemane.... is absolute proof of him being Gods actual son.
All these things are proof of no such thing I am afraid. What you have here is evidence of something we already know is true.... That works of fiction are very often.... nearly always in fact.... based on real people, real places, around real political events.

Simple as that.

Take for example the Bourne Identity film and books. 2000 years from now someone reading those books will be able to find the bones of real people mentioned in those books. They will find the real buildings mentioned in there too. They will find that political events alluded to in the books actually did happen. They could call this evidence of "Bourne Identity Accuracy".

Does this lend any evidence to the notion that a super solider called Jason Bourne actually existed? No. Why? Because fiction is often set against real events, places and things. That is how fiction works.

So to take one piece of fiction (The Bible) and suggest it is "true" because it does the same things that most other works of fiction do.... is just comedy on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
because if Jesus didnot exist, that would be a serious blow to God existing! Conversely, his existance then, is serious evidence that God exist.
Massive error of logic there I am afraid. Saying that lack of X proves lack of Y does not mean that X proves Y automatically.
 
Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 AM
 
Location: Warren, Michigan
5,298 posts, read 1,930,739 times
Reputation: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Rather...if you ever believe it.

Are you going to ignore post 39 as well as 21?

When you ignore any of my post, I don't go chasing you around asking you why. I am not trying to convince you, you are trying to convince me.

A search for God should be uniquely personal, and I tend to respond to post that personally intrest me. I am not interested in people who rebutt every single thing you say, kind of reminds me what Obama is going through with the Republicans, they are just against every single thing the man is trying to accomplish. Its kind of Creepy. I debate people, often I voice my agreement with some of what they believe; I don't have to be so right, by making others so wrong!


Another way to prove God to yourself is " The Breath of Life!" And " Life itself." God is said to have " Blew the Breath of Life into humans." A kind of Transfer from one powerful force of Life, placing Life into another form, that was not prior alive. Imagine, a being so Powerful, that his " Breath" contains all the essentials of human life. Or just Life itself. We can almost do it ourselves!

When we aply mouth to mouth resesitation, thats a simular thing. No other animals can do that, because their lives are totally different than ours. We actually have a part of God inside of us; Life, and the Breath of Life.

And I want to further explain that.

Peace.
 
Old 07-18-2011, 06:20 AM
 
4,953 posts, read 1,739,219 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
A search for God should be uniquely personal
It should, but it hardly ever is, which is why so many christians go around knocking on doors, petitioning politicians, or like you posting on forums where 100s of people will read it. None of thise sounds "personal" to me. It sounds like you in fact want to be very public about it.... and if you can not even be honest with yourself on that score then few of us are likely to expect that you are being honest with US either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I am not interested in people who rebutt every single thing you say
Then stop saying things that are patently false. If you do not stop being wrong, people are not likely to stop pointing out you are wrong. Again if you want a personal journey, then take one. But you do not want a personal journey. You want to post falsehoods on a very public forum. We are well within our rights to point out both your errors and the deficiencies in your evidence. And we will. At length. Often. And you cant stop us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Imagine, a being so Powerful, that his " Breath" contains all the essentials of human life.
Oh I can imagine it alright. You can too. The difference is that I know we are just imagining. You seem to think... for no reason that I can see... that the thing you imagined is now actually real. I can imagine trolls and unicorns too. I do not think they are real either just because I can imagine them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top