Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 06:31 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post

I can imagine trolls and unicorns too. I do not think they are real either just because I can imagine them.

The use of myths to rebutt , is evidence of dependance on myths to help state a case. I don't depend on myths, nor do I use them to rebutt facts. Thats a weak stance in my view.

I can believe A God blowing his breath into a lifeless form, and it comming alive, because I have witnessed " Mouth to mouth ressitation" and personally seen it work. Conversely, as I study God in an effort to prove him to myself, I have NEVER witnessed a transfer of life from an animal to a human. Neither by breath, or by birth! An Ape has NEVER given birth to a human, nor a human an Ape.

And this means something to me in my search for God.

Peace.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:45 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
The use of myths to rebutt , is evidence of dependance on myths to help state a case. I don't depend on myths, nor do I use them to rebutt facts. Thats a weak stance in my view.
You claim that, but nothing you have talked about looks different to myths to me. What is the difference between gods and the other things? There is no evidence for either of them. So where is the difference?

Quote:
I can believe A God blowing his breath into a lifeless form, and it comming alive, because I have witnessed " Mouth to mouth ressitation" and personally seen it work.
Then you should learn what you saw. Mouth to Mouth resuscitation (which is the correct spelling) is not breathing life into people because those people are not dead. CPR is the act of re-establishing already existing processes which have stopped. Entirely different.

If you think CPR is breathing life into something then you simply do not know what CPR is. If you think it is a "transfer" of life then you do not know what CPR is.

If you are going to use CPR as evidence for a god, you would do well to start by learning what CPR is and how and why it works.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:07 AM

322 posts, read 317,004 times
when god reveals himself to us i dont think there is any doubts that he exist.within our hearts.

those who do want to see him will never believe the stories of those who know him..

he speak greatly through silence. and this world is a noisy place.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
when god reveals himself to us i dont think there is any doubts that he exist.within our hearts.

those who do want to see him will never believe the stories of those who know him..

he speak greatly through silence. and this world is a noisy place.
Could just be gas.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Could just be gas.

lol i guess soo...
if it is....
this is the best gas i have ever felt and i want more and more gas

Old 07-18-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
Essentially all you are saying here is that god exists in your head. In your imagination.

Which is grand, because that is where I thought it existed too. The issue occurs when you start claiming that the thing you imagined is actually real. For that claim there appears to be literally no evidence at all. anywhere. ever.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Essentially all you are saying here is that god exists in your head. In your imagination.

Which is grand, because that is where I thought it existed too. The issue occurs when you start claiming that the thing you imagined is actually real. For that claim there appears to be literally no evidence at all. anywhere. ever.

i respect what u say cant argue with that.

"god" to me reveals himself in how we treat others and how we live.. not jsut beliefs.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:51 AM

Again however you appear to be saying nothing there. The way we live is just the way we live. What has that got to do with god?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:

I can believe A God blowing his breath into a lifeless form, and it comming alive, because I have witnessed " Mouth to mouth ressitation" and personally seen it work. Conversely, as I study God in an effort to prove him to myself, I have NEVER witnessed a transfer of life from an animal to a human. Neither by breath, or by birth! An Ape has NEVER given birth to a human, nor a human an Ape.

And this means something to me in my search for God.

Peace.
If you are going to search for god then you really need to base your search on truths, not silly myths and stories.

As Nozz stated, you don't breathe life into a dead person so do some research on CPR.

Evolution is a complex topic and it isn't surprising most people don't understand it. Genetics, microbiology and palaeontology are fields that scientists study for decades, they are seldom understood at their most simplistic level let alone at their most multifarious. When we start talking about abiotic processes and RNA catalysts most people look at you blankly because these topics are seldom taught to any great depth.

Just because the subject is difficult to grasp though, does not make it untrue, in fact the more we read about evolution the more enlightened we become because it tells us a story of how we got here and how incredibly wonderful the world is. It isn't something to be scared of, it is to be embraced.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Again however you appear to be saying nothing there. The way we live is just the way we live. What has that got to do with god?
i am not trying to convince you of anything,, i respect your views

i just want to live that way..a peaceful way,..some want to call god some call him other things..
actions speak ..i used use the word god becuse this is waht i have grown up using.

attached to nothing.. just tryin to live a life doing good
peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality