Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 11:49 AM

30 posts, read 39,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Stating there is no god or creator is also not a scientific fact. You can explain how certain things work on this world, but that doesn't prove or disprove a creator. We're smart but there is still a lot out there that we haven't begun to touch.
I never said it was a scientific fact. In fact, NO ONE here has said that.

But this yahoo tried to claim that the hummingbird was too cool, and must've been created by a magic sky wizard. Why are you comparing the two propositions? Do you have something against logic?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
You know I like this, its absolute proof that a person can reason with wonderfully put together and constructed word usage-- when they want to.
And you're proof that this cannot happen no matter how hard certain people try. Hell, this sentence is proof of that.

Quote:
Its also proof that its fastly becomming habitual to blame others for when YOU choose not to.
There is no one to blame but YOU when YOU insist on passing off fanciful delusions as fact.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If your brain dies it can no longer produce conscious thought, and it ends at that moment in the same way as did the light. I don't believe that there is some cosmic force that collects thought that no longer exists, anymore than I believe in some force that collects the former energy of light from my flashlight.

To add to my friend sanspeur...

And even if there were some collecting force out there, so what? What good would recordings of my past thoughts be?

I would still need to be able to anaylze new infomation and to interpret the world around me, which requires a brain.

Last edited by Boxcar Overkill; 09-16-2011 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 12:08 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee78 View Post
I never said it was a scientific fact. In fact, NO ONE here has said that.

But this yahoo tried to claim that the hummingbird was too cool, and must've been created by a magic sky wizard. Why are you comparing the two propositions? Do you have something against logic?

You're just offensive not only to the person that posted about the hummingbird, but to everyone who believes there may be a creator with your "magic sky wizard".

You're arrogant and think you know so much.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:11 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
You can prove God to yourself with a cuddly teddy bear. Some are familar with the cuddly " Koala bears" and have heard of " Eucalyptus trees." They have a special designed relationship. This is again an absolute proof of " Deliberate existence", or something done deliberatly, not by chance or evolution. Both the Koala and the tree is native to only one place on earth, Australia. Koalas eat nothing but eucalptus leaves, often living their entire lives in one grove. They derive moisture from these leaves because they almost never drink water.

Koalas posses specific micro organisms in their digestive systems necessary to break down the elements in eucalyptus leaves that are toxic to every other creature. Again, deliberate design, not randomly built up over time. Those toxins are actually converted into vitamins. You can't evolve anything like this, perfect example of this being the case from its creation, created as is. They had to have the micro organism already present in their stomachs. Without them they would have eaten the leaves and died.

Many naturalist consider them to have the most advanced digestive system on the planet. Their low 5% protein intake with tannins and toxins would kill other animals. Is it random luck that they developed a taste for these leaves and just happened to have the right micro organisms to digest them? No, they were deliberately created like that.

Again, stunning proof of God!

Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
You can prove God to yourself with a cuddly teddy bear. Some are familar with the cuddly " Koala bears" and have heard of " Eucalyptus trees." They have a special designed relationship. This is again an absolute proof of " Deliberate existence", or something done deliberatly, not by chance or evolution. Both the Koala and the tree is native to only one place on earth, Australia. Koalas eat nothing but eucalptus leaves, often living their entire lives in one grove. They derive moisture from these leaves because they almost never drink water.

Koalas posses specific micro organisms in their digestive systems necessary to break down the elements in eucalyptus leaves that are toxic to every other creature. Again, deliberate design, not randomly built up over time. Those toxins are actually converted into vitamins. You can't evolve anything like this, perfect example of this being the case from its creation, created as is. They had to have the micro organism already present in their stomachs. Without them they would have eaten the leaves and died.

Many naturalist consider them to have the most advanced digestive system on the planet. Their low 5% protein intake with tannins and toxins would kill other animals. Is it random luck that they developed a taste for these leaves and just happened to have the right micro organisms to digest them? No, they were deliberately created like that.

Again, stunning proof of God!

You can also prove God by the way he made ice cubes treys that fit perfectly around the ice cubes.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
You can also prove God by the way he made ice cubes treys that fit perfectly around the ice cubes.

Again sarcasm being used, as if it is a viable intelligent response. Now incorperated into " The norm", it has wiggled its way into being " Just natural and cute." Which is why so many embrace it. Its satrical comedy, its fun; its ruining our language.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Again sarcasm being used, as if it is a viable intelligent response. Now incorperated into " The norm", it has wiggled its way into being " Just natural and cute." Which is why so many embrace it. Its satrical comedy, its fun; its ruining our language.
What would you know about our language? You've been butchering it with each and every post.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
You're just offensive not only to the person that posted about the hummingbird, but to everyone who believes there may be a creator with your "magic sky wizard".

You're arrogant and think you know so much.
I'm arrogant because I believe in widely held scientific principles?

Okay. Keep on telling me that our massive, nearly infinite universe was created just for you by your sky daddy, and that your breathless whispers to him while in your footy pajamas matter.

And then tell me I'm arrogant.

Okay.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee78 View Post
I'm arrogant because I believe in widely held scientific principles?

Okay. Keep on telling me that our massive, nearly infinite universe was created just for you by your sky daddy, and that your breathless whispers to him while in your footy pajamas matter.

And then tell me I'm arrogant.

Okay.

I am curious; did science teach you how to communicate in these mannerisms? Sky daddy, breathless wispers, footy pajamas; just slice, cut, mangle and scarcasm your points accross?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality