U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,001,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh dear! Not again!! Will you theists never tire of this nonsense?

Probably not. Will you ever tire of trying to disprove them/us?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 PM

3,478 posts, read 1,247,304 times
The thing about proving God to yourself is that you can ONLY prove God to yourself, if even that is possible. Personal revelation is by default, first person in nature. This is why organized religions are such a huge waste of time and resources.

Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 PM

11,805 posts, read 13,862,435 times
Exactly.

At least looking4answers12 has shown that he really isn't. Big surprise, right?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Exactly.

At least looking4answers12 has shown that he really isn't. Big surprise, right?

She. Did you think you knew I was male?

"Isn't" what?

Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 PM

11,805 posts, read 13,862,435 times
Isn't actually looking for answers. You seem only to be interrogating atheists from a theistic standpoint. Your mind is made up; thus, you're not looking for answers, thinking you have found them. That's fine, but it gives the lie to your username.

I was using the generic "he", not knowing your actual gender. I don't think that matters here.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Isn't actually looking for answers. You seem only to be interrogating atheists from a theistic standpoint. Your mind is made up; thus, you're not looking for answers, thinking you have found them. That's fine, but it gives the lie to your username.

I was using the generic "he", not knowing your actual gender. I don't think that matters here.

Why not a "generic" SHE?

I don't feel that I am "interogating", I'm sorry you have gotten that impression from me.

looking4answers seemed to make sense at the time I had to make up a name.

I did end up here while literally looking for answers to a question regarding religion.

Yes, my mind IS made up to the fact that God exists. But I still have plenty of questions regarding what God wants from us, how we should be interpreting the Bible, is one religion more "right" than another.

So if there is a question as to whether I am open minded or closed minded, or whether or not I am genuinely looking for answers, the answer to that would be yes and no. I AM looking for answers. Whether or not atheists are "correct" just doesn't happen to be one of the questions I am looking for answers on.

When I ask an atheist a question, my questions are generally genuine, I am kind of fascinated by people in general and how they come to the conclusions that they come to in life. I don't have some hidden agenda, when I ask a question. BUT, if one of the questions that I ask, happens to make someone think, that's great. If it doesn't, that's okay too.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:58 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,646,586 times
Quote:
One doesn't have to be "spying on people" to notice a familiar username and style of posting on other sites.
Agreed, a simple google search has revealed him at these sites posting since he left (possibly temporarily left, he may be back, even if it isn't for a year or two, lol)

Search Results - ForumGarden

Can Science Reveal God? - Spiritual Forums

This is from a quick google search, if i bothered looking for more then a minute I'm sure I could find more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Mickiel is a member of at least a half a dozen religious forums. He's been here before, and I have no doubt that he'll be back after he makes his "rounds".
Looks like you were right

Old 01-07-2012, 02:36 PM

8,853 posts, read 6,909,708 times
The last time I tried to prove God to myself I ended up an atheist.

Old 01-07-2012, 05:08 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,646,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
The last time I tried to prove God to myself I ended up an atheist.
Thats what happened to me I started questioning, instead of just blindly believing everything they say is the absolute 100% truth and absolutely everybody and everything else is wrong.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:58 AM

15,504 posts, read 7,536,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
She. Did you think you knew I was male?

"Isn't" what?
Isn't really looking for answers. More posing hopefully tricky questions to instill doubt about everything we thought we knew in order to try to bamboozle unbelievers into faith. Good luck with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality