Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,683,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Of course he's in on it!

He started it!
Is this a joke ?? Are you trolling me? Why would he do that

Old 06-25-2012, 09:39 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,587,558 times
You prove God to yourself by your " Remorse", properly understanding why you have a sense of quilt about you. Why do you have a painful memory of doing wrong? Why does it bother you? Why can't you just be cruel whenever you feel like it? What is this standard within you and where does it come from? Well its a powerful source that exist and is real, it does not come out of the thin air, and nature didn't manufacture it. There is a VERY powerful source of Goodness affecting you; its standard is seeking to manipulate your standards, because it stands for Good.

This unknown influence is evidence of God.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Is this a joke ?? Are you trolling me? Why would he do that

God created the devil and evil for various reasons; and biblical students can see this in his creation of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil; HE created and PLANTED ( or established on earth this two differing ways of being) this symbolic tree. God wanted all of humanity exposed to both good and evil; he wanted that contrast.

And here are some reasons why;

Nothing has ever opposed God or been against him, but he wanted opposition to his plan of creating humans who were destined to be his children; so he had to create that opposition.

God wanted ALL those he had prior created to know and understand that there was another way other than his; and he wanted humanity to know this.

Like a potter uses fire to mold his clay, ONE of the ways God uses evil is just like the potter uses heat; to mold and harden humanity.

God uses evil as an eternal LESSON that he is teaching humanity; we will know, and ALWAYS know what it was like to be exposed to evil, how it seriously affected us and degraded us and how horrible and deceptive it is, in ALL its forms!

God is using evil to help construct the consciousness of humanity and multiply our wisdom in unknown ways and means that only he completely understands.

God is using evil to ultimately reveal " How Loving and Forgiving and Merciful he is!" We will see and know how we have lived against him, didn't believe in him, AND how we each embraced a part of evil within ourselves; and God will, in one mighty judgment, totally forgive ALL of us, and give us a new existence totally devoid of evil forever. And THEN we will begin to understand and comprehend just how GREAT God is!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:17 AM

422 posts, read 486,217 times
Quote:
You don't know what your talking about;
the Younger were all Roman historians who wrote about Jesus. And they were not the only ones to record him. I can construct a very long list of historians if you need it.

And listen, the reason why things concerning Jesus " Ain't saying much to you", is because you are not consciously inclinded to receive the information.

It you're not your.

The people you mention are just many of the pitiful "references" dutifully trotted out by apologists to prove the existence of Jesus Christ. The "Christos" or "Anointed" god Pliny's "Christiani" were following was Serapis, the syncretic deity created by the priesthood in the third century BCE. In any case, this god "Christos" was not a man who had been crucified in Judea.

Moreover, like his earlier incarnation Osiris, Serapis—both popular gods in the Roman Empire—was called not only Christos but also "Chrestos," centuries before the common era. Indeed, Osiris was styled "Chrestos," centuries before the Jewish copycat Jesus was ever conceived. In any event, the value of the "evidence" of Christ's existence is worthless, as it makes no mention of "Jesus of Nazareth," nor does it refer to any event in his purported life.

If these references were actual genuine references to Jesus Christ which they are NOT they would no more prove the existence of Jesus Christ than do writings about other gods prove their existence. If that were the case we could provide many "references" from ancient writers that the numerous Pagan gods also existed as "real people." In this case, Jesus would be merely a johnny-come-lately in a long line of "historical" godmen.

The reason Jesus " Ain't saying much to you" because I realize Jesus/God isn't nothing more than Santa Claus for grown people.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
If these references were actual genuine references to Jesus Christ which they are NOT they would no more prove the existence of Jesus Christ than do writings about other gods prove their existence. If that were the case we could provide many "references" from ancient writers that the numerous Pagan gods also existed as "real people." In this case, Jesus would be merely a johnny-come-lately in a long line of "historical" godmen.

The reason Jesus " Ain't saying much to you" because I realize Jesus/God isn't nothing more than Santa Claus for grown people.

Well to each his own reasoning; strange though, you are saying that these men who referenced Christ were not genuine;

Tertullian, Sextus Julius Africanus, Tacitus, Celsus, Origen, Lucian, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, Dionysius the Areopagite, Hegesippus, Clement, Conon, Porphyry of Tyre, Polycarp, Eusebius, Irenaeus, Ignatius, Justin Martyr, Phlegon and Mara Bar-Serapion.

Also Ussher and Paulus Orosius.

You don't know what your talking about in my view.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:21 PM

50,083 posts, read 20,664,692 times
Micki ol' chum, it has been painfully obvious to everyone but you for many many posts since that the person who has no idea what they are talking about is you, I regret to have to say.

You are not alone in that, but posting that list of supposed testifiers to the the truth of your beliefs was responded to by explaining their irrelevance and you didn't even ask why or show any curiosity. You simply went ahead and posted them again - again without any explanation. Anything resembling reasoned argument or a desire to consider the facts is like water off a duck's back to you.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Micki ol' chum, it has been painfully obvious to everyone but you for many many posts since that the person who has no idea what they are talking about is you, I regret to have to say.

You are not alone in that, but posting that list of supposed testifiers to the the truth of your beliefs was responded to by explaining their irrelevance and you didn't even ask why or show any curiosity. You simply went ahead and posted them again - again without any explanation. Anything resembling reasoned argument or a desire to consider the facts is like water off a duck's back to you.

The man implied that no historians exist that verify Jesus existence; he can talk about me personally all he wishes, but many historians AND scientist exist that recorded Jesus in history. And I'll keep posting that list, and every month through study, notice how the list keeps growing.

And I am going to roll it off that same ducks back.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,106,125 times
Quote:
The man implied that no historians exist that verify Jesus existence; he can talk about me personally all he wishes, but many historians AND scientist exist that recorded Jesus in history. And I'll keep posting that list, and every month through study, notice how the list keeps growing.

And I am going to roll it off that same ducks back.
In other words, no matter what evidence is produced contrary to what you believe, You'll just close your mind, ignore it and say..."I disagree"....We all understand, Mickiel....It is called intransigence....Definition: Refusing to moderate a position, especially an extreme position; uncompromising.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
In other words, no matter what evidence is produced contrary to what you believe, You'll just close your mind, ignore it and say..."I disagree"....We all understand, Mickiel....It is called intransigence....Definition: Refusing to moderate a position, especially an extreme position; uncompromising.

I am not close minded, what if I am showing things that you are ignoring and close minded to? Why must it be me, and incredibly not you who is uncompromising.

I am really giving the guy a break with the short list I gave; I could have included The Talmud, if I wanted to break his stubbornness, I could have threw in " The Toledot Yeshu," which is anti-Christian but gives a stunning medieval retelling of Jesus life! If I wanted to show off I could have added Clement of Alexandria to the list, and threw in" Chrysostom" just to press the case. ALL historical works, that he probally does not have a clue of; and neither do you it seems.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM

33,518 posts, read 37,106,125 times
Quote:
I am not close minded, what if I am showing things that you are ignoring and close minded to? Why must it be me, and incredibly not you who is uncompromising.

I am really giving the guy a break with the short list I gave; I could have included The Talmud, if I wanted to break his stubbornness, I could have threw in " The Toledot Yeshu, which is anti-Christian but gives a stunning medieval retelling of Jesus life! If I wanted to show off I could have added Clement of Alexandria to the list, and threw in" Chrysostom" just to press the case. ALL historical works, that he probally does not have a clue of; and neither do you it seems.
But we do know these arguments, as you should realize by now, but they have all been systematically debunked by many scholars...There is no written record of Christ's existence....None....The so called evidence for the existence of Jesus all comes from after his lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality