Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 08:30 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

The term "almighty God" is the lead in to the ultimate truth. That God in a zap can generate a universe - create and destroy life - that God is all powerful...so - Why would God need an agent - or formal agency in order to communicate back and forth with a person? I would assume as logic dictates that God being all powerful does not need help!

I have mentioned with some logical insight that those who belong to any religion that insists that they wage war and destroy the "enemies" of God...are in effect stating that God is NOT all powerful - that he is limited and needs human beings to intercede and to assist in fulfilling his will - This is bizarre and I will use the term infidel - or (un-true) to describe all those that do things that are destructive to themselves and others in the name of God.

Formal religion from what I have finally figured out is the purest and most effect form of political control over a society..and the oldest political system that has always hidden under the guise of goodness and God..But in fact religion seems to be an utter failure and a disempowerment of mankind...history and the present have proven this to be true - all of our problems still exist after thousands of years - we the imperfect mortal beings have been STOPPED by religion from going to the source of power - from going directly to head office and appealing to God for real help.

There are those who toss the baby out with the bath water when they study the doctrines of formal Christianity - because there are constant contradictions that defy logic - and that simply do not add up - we with the decerning eye will notice that in scripture - there seems to be a constant flow of what clearly appear to be political insertions into the pages of the bible -

Frankly in my heart and mind - God is about freedom - about joy - above all about life and not death - that God is a force of logic and truth - that he or IT - is all powerful and will intercede in your life if you appeal to him for assistance WITH OUT the use of politcal myth - or ritual - Christ who never intended to by used by the state as a RELIGION - stated clearly..."Your TRADTIONS (RELIGON) are killing you" - to paraphrase - mindless repetative ritual that does not grant positive results is a form of insantity - the insane can be controlled - the sane mind is free! The logical sane mind has hope and the real posiblity of redemtion - you want to communicate with GOD - just do it and forget all of the crap that clogs up this great path of communion...ask and you will recieve - You don't need an agent - go direct to the top...

Atheists are half way there - they are on the right track but they have made the bitter mistake of not only removing religion from their lives but God also - as I said to an atheist - "Logic dictates - that God much prefere a truth seeking atheist than a crazed and controled relgion zealot!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 11:10 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
I agree that organized religion is a bad thing.

I'm no longer a Christian, having left the church many years ago, but I do believe in a power greater than ourselves. Being Pagan, nature is my higher power, not the Christian concept of an invisible omnipotent being.

As in any relationship, those involved have to decide what works best for them. Organized religion has taken that away on so many different levels.

Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and so many others think that they have all the answers and their way is the only way. Why is it necessary to label beliefs? Is any one organized religion truly better than all others? No.

I was taught that the point was to live a good life, help others, be a good and kind person and treat others the way you would like them to treat you. Do we really need an organization to tell us how to simply be human? Again, NO!

Why can't we simply all be spiritual in our own way and leave it at that?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:23 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The term "almighty God" is the lead in to the ultimate truth. That God in a zap can generate a universe - create and destroy life - that God is all powerful...so - Why would God need an agent - or formal agency in order to communicate back and forth with a person? I would assume as logic dictates that God being all powerful does not need help!

I have mentioned with some logical insight that those who belong to any religion that insists that they wage war and destroy the "enemies" of God...are in effect stating that God is NOT all powerful - that he is limited and needs human beings to intercede and to assist in fulfilling his will - This is bizarre and I will use the term infidel - or (un-true) to describe all those that do things that are destructive to themselves and others in the name of God.

Formal religion from what I have finally figured out is the purest and most effect form of political control over a society..and the oldest political system that has always hidden under the guise of goodness and God..But in fact religion seems to be an utter failure and a disempowerment of mankind...history and the present have proven this to be true - all of our problems still exist after thousands of years - we the imperfect mortal beings have been STOPPED by religion from going to the source of power - from going directly to head office and appealing to God for real help.

There are those who toss the baby out with the bath water when they study the doctrines of formal Christianity - because there are constant contradictions that defy logic - and that simply do not add up - we with the decerning eye will notice that in scripture - there seems to be a constant flow of what clearly appear to be political insertions into the pages of the bible -

Frankly in my heart and mind - God is about freedom - about joy - above all about life and not death - that God is a force of logic and truth - that he or IT - is all powerful and will intercede in your life if you appeal to him for assistance WITH OUT the use of politcal myth - or ritual - Christ who never intended to by used by the state as a RELIGION - stated clearly..."Your TRADTIONS (RELIGON) are killing you" - to paraphrase - mindless repetative ritual that does not grant positive results is a form of insantity - the insane can be controlled - the sane mind is free! The logical sane mind has hope and the real posiblity of redemtion - you want to communicate with GOD - just do it and forget all of the crap that clogs up this great path of communion...ask and you will recieve - You don't need an agent - go direct to the top...

Atheists are half way there - they are on the right track but they have made the bitter mistake of not only removing religion from their lives but God also - as I said to an atheist - "Logic dictates - that God much prefere a truth seeking atheist than a crazed and controled relgion zealot!"
I would observe firstly that our chum Mystic would probably agree with you. I can only assure you that I have examined the bathwater very carefully and nobody has been able to demonstrate a baby other than by saying it's invisible, or hiding under the surface and how do I explain that bubble or greasy surface - scum if a baby didn't originate it?

Secondly, I would take the view that you are half - way there, at least to non - religious agnosticism. There seems to be a lot of people opting for a not - religious acceptance of 'god' whether that agnosticism involves personal contact or just a sort of half - believing acceptance of god - probability.

In the case of either, the existence of equally good or better other explanations for the feeling below the navel or the doubtful validity of God mustha dunnit theory suggest to me that atheism is the more reasonable, rational and logical option and it would be nice if you took the next step.

But, if you don't, since you are unlikely to be clamouring for the Bible to be the basic source - book for every aspect of life, including education and politics, then I am quite happy with where you are at.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:05 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I would observe firstly that our chum Mystic would probably agree with you.
You would observe correctly. The religions have stagnated understanding at the ancient ignorance level for over 2000 years. It is a travesty driven by the ever-present power and control corruptions of human design. God has not been represented . . . God has been maligned by religions. I agree that atheists have stopped at the adolescent rejection stage of knowledge and free thought about our reality . . . refusing to give God a fair shake because of it.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:00 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You would observe correctly. The religions have stagnated understanding at the ancient ignorance level for over 2000 years. It is a travesty driven by the ever-present power and control corruptions of human design. God has not been represented . . . God has been maligned by religions. I agree that atheists have stopped at the adolescent rejection stage of knowledge and free thought about our reality . . . refusing to give God a fair shake because of it.
Hear, hear! But I take a step further and don't even like the term "god", as it carries too much religious baggage. I use it, because it's widely understood, but I prefer "source".

Old 01-03-2012, 07:01 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
[quote]
Quote:
Mmmmm...... your post requires a breakdown. You are kinda all over the place, reminds me of myself actually. And you're right, if there is a "god" then he/she doesn't need help. A given. But why is there so much "help" in the "bible", so many stories of "heros" and then mass murdering by the "bible" god. Sorry, eat, drink and metabolize, whatever. I'm done here.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe the best way to find god is to get back to the basis, indulge in wild orgies, drink wine, and take various natural substances such as marijuana, peyote, and others. At least, that sounds like the fun way - if we don't discover god, we can have a good time trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I need to have just one more peyote, bourbon and buttermilk enema before I die, that's the bucket list, #1. After that, it's all good.
Indulging in the abuse of any substance . . . especially those that alter our conscious control over our thoughts and feelings is a recipe for spiritual disaster. Any substance abuse is a sickness and a weakness that destroys our spiritual well-being. It impairs any connection with God that is available to us.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Aw, c'mon, Mystic, where's your sense of humor?

I disagree with your "adolescent rejection stage of knowledge" comment, of course. Can we not have a difference of opinion without the insults?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Aw, c'mon, Mystic, where's your sense of humor?
I disagree with your "adolescent rejection stage of knowledge" comment, of course. Can we not have a difference of opinion without the insults?
Sorry catman . . . it just slipped out . . . the parallel is so acute. I really didn't consider it an insult . . . just an observation.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:26 AM

927 posts, read 1,459,173 times
First Off let me say well thought out post! Great Job!
Quote:
I have that same question - it makes no sense that an all knowing God would require a mediator.

Quote:
They are working or attempting to work the process of enlightening others of what they think is the truth.

Quote:
BINGO

Quote:
There are those who toss the baby out with the bath water when they study the doctrines of formal Christianity - because there are constant contradictions that defy logic - and that simply do not add up
The way RELIGION TEACHES IT - it makes a lot less sense than what is actually written
When you said "is the purest and most effect form of political control over a society" ... that is what is going on.

Quote:
we with the decerning eye will notice that in scripture - there seems to be a constant flow of what clearly appear to be political insertions into the pages of the bible
Not exactly political - more ethically and socially focused

Quote:
When you said "is all powerful and will intercede in your life if you appeal to him for assistance" ... that is exactly what it's about!
Quote:

Rev 3:13 - He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
An angel of the church of the Laodiceans was told to say:
Rev 3:15 - I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 - So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality