Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 07:30 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,137 times

Advertisements

First off, when you prove God, prove him to yourself, don't bother with trying to prove him to others. I disagree with the effort to do that. I believe God is real, but I wanted more than just faith, I wanted solid proof. I want to say right off, that I do not know God, I am not christian, I am not Atheist, God has never spoken a word to me, and I have never seen him; but yet I proved it to myself, that he exist. And it took some work!

The evidence of God is endless, but because God is an unseen " Spiritual Being", its hard to just see the evidence in one place. You have to peice it together. You have to use human history, biblical archaeology, science, mathmatics, language, Atheism, a study in consciousness, all of the physical world, all of the animal kingdom, false religion, human nature, emotions, nature, all known laws, earth-wind and fire, sound, primordal man, females, Love, romance, hate, evil, ignorance, family life, the bible and much more than I care to list. All these things carry with them levels of evidence of God, which can be seen and understood.

We cannot see emotion, wind, or magnetism, but we know they exist, and many things that exist are unseen, so the notion that God can't be seen excludes him from existing, is simply in error. We can see the " Evidence" of wind, and understand that it exist. Well, one can see the " evidence of God", and simularily know he exist.

I mentioned history. It is obvious that if Jesus existed, thats a strong indication that God exist, because Jesus claimed to be his earthly son. A usual claim made by many, but Jesus was not a usual man, he was extraordinary, and he lived in our history according to the historians Origen, Josephus, Tertullian, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus and Tacitus. All these men recorded him in our history. We have found the site Jesus was baptised in, we have it. We have the city he was born in, its real. We have located the river he was baptised in, Jordan. We have the actual house of two of his close friends, Martha and Mary. We have 2 possible tombs that he could have been buried in. We have the actual " Bones" of the man forced to carry his cross, simon the cyrenian, and a priest who judged him that night, Caiaphas- we actually have these two biblical mens bones! And they are sure evidence of biblical accuracy!

We have found the actual site where Jesus was killed, "Golgotha", or the place of the skull, we have it! We actually have a portion of the very pavement that Christ stood on before Pilate that day to be judged, its called the " Via Dolorosa", these jokers have found even that! They found the " Garden of Gethsemane", where Jesus prayed. They found the " Tomb of Lazarus", whom Jesus is said to have raised from the dead, which if true, is absolute proof of him being Gods actual son.

They found the " Damascus Gate", where Christ made his exit from Jerusalem, a city itself which is part of the proof of biblical accuracy. Well all of these things are proof of the " Historical Jesus", because if Jesus didnot exist, that would be a serious blow to God existing! Conversely, his existance then, is serious evidence that God exist.

As I am afforded the oppurtunity, I will continue on how to prove God to yourself.

Peace.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:24 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
It is obvious that if Jesus existed, thats a strong indication that God exist, because Jesus claimed to be his earthly son. A usual claim made by many, but Jesus was not a usual man, he was extraordinary, and he lived in our history according to the historians Origen, Josephus, Tertullian, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus and Tacitus.
Oh dear! Not again!! Will you theists never tire of this nonsense?

Quote:
All these men recorded him in our history.
They recorded stories that they had heard about Christians that worshipped a 'Jesus'. That is not evidence that Jesus existed. Homer recorded Zeus in our history. Are you willing to accept the existence of Zeus based on that evidence?

Quote:
We have found the site Jesus was baptised in, we have it.
We have Baker Street, London where Sherlock Homes lived we have it. Holmes is proven to existed.

We have Mount Olympus in Greece where Zeus lived, we have it. The existence of Zeus is proven.

We have Whitehall in London where James Bond worked, we have it. James Bond is proven to have existed.

We have Paddington station in London, we have it. Paddington bear is proven to have existed.

Quote:
Well all of these things are proof of the " Historical Jesus", .....
No they are not. They are proof that people can write fiction based on real people and places. They still do it today. Are you seriously trying to tell us that any story that mentions real people, places or events is evidence that everything else mentioned in the story is also true. You can't be serious dude!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:42 PM

In proving God to yourself, you don't need religion, people, places or things, you need to be for real with yourself and examine the data for yourself, and be the judge of it yourself, you will need yourself to determine if you can understand something that is far beyond yourself. And if self is ready to do that, then realize that you yourself, are a very proof of God; your very Consciousness is extraordinary evidence of God.

We understand that each kind breeds its own kind. Birds breed birds, rats breeds rats, and elephants produce other elephants. Only Consciousness can breed Consciousness, there is no such thing as consciousness developing on its own from nothing, no such thing. The cycle of Consciousness began from and was bred by consciousness, a conscious creator. Only life can come from life, nothing living can be produced by things dead and inanimate.

Your ability to think and reason, to memorize and articulate, comes from a thing which has simular tendecy, it bred your consciousness. Our Consciousness is the governor of our behavior and a vital key of Gods existence. It is impossible for Consciousness to create itself from things far less than itself.

So as we begin this search for God, know that you yourself are evidence that he is.

Peace.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
I have come to the conclusion that though Jesus may have been a real person, he was likely a raving lunatic with the beleif that he was the son of God. I could claim I am the son of God, couldyou prove me wrong? No!

Old 07-16-2011, 01:08 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
In proving God to yourself, you don't need religion, people, places or things, you need to be for real with yourself and examine the data for yourself, and be the judge of it yourself, you will need yourself to determine if you can understand something that is far beyond yourself. And if self is ready to do that, then realize that you yourself, are a very proof of God; your very Consciousness is extraordinary evidence of God.

We understand that each kind breeds its own kind. Birds breed birds, rats breeds rats, and elephants produce other elephants. Only Consciousness can breed Consciousness, there is no such thing as consciousness developing on its own from nothing, no such thing. The cycle of Consciousness began from and was bred by consciousness, a conscious creator. Only life can come from life, nothing living can be produced by things dead and inanimate.

Your ability to think and reason, to memorize and articulate, comes from a thing which has simular tendecy, it bred your consciousness. Our Consciousness is the governor of our behavior and a vital key of Gods existence. It is impossible for Consciousness to create itself from things far less than itself.

So as we begin this search for God, know that you yourself are evidence that he is.

Peace.
Ah!!! I see this is yet another one of your celebrated 'I'm going to ignore all responses to my posts and just keep posting more of the same' threads...right?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that though Jesus may have been a real person, he was likely a raving lunatic with the beleif that he was the son of God. I could claim I am the son of God, couldyou prove me wrong? No!

I have also come to the conclusion that Jesus was a real historical figure, and he started the largest movement that any man has ever started , to this day that fact stands. He is the most written about figure in literature, second to none. More religions have been started in his name than any other human, dead or alive.

Jesus is;

Debated over more than any historical figure.

Actually worshipped by other men.

Has more influence than any dead man in history.

Prayed to by millions of humans, there is no other human in history to achieve this kind of accalades.

Drawn by more artist than any other figure in history.

Feared by politicians more than any human alive.

He is the central characther of the bible, humans historys first printed book and its number one best seller by far. The book is astounding, it has over 40 different authors who didnot compare notes. They lived over 40 different generations on 3 totally different continents, Africa, Asia and Europe. It was written in 3 different languages, Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. It was written over a span of 1500 years, simply incredible! These incredible facts stand alone and speak for themselves. This book was blessed and has an arua like no other book.

This book has been translated in over 2,000 languages, 50 of them are sold every minute of each day. Jesus and the bible are definte evidence to include in your personal proof of God.

Peace.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah!!! I see this is yet another one of your celebrated 'I'm going to ignore all responses to my posts and just keep posting more of the same' threads...right?

Well no, I will respond, I always do, just not to the pacification of some others. I have NEVER engaged in starting a post, then turned around and ignored everything said to me. Now let me say this, I would have no problem, if no one responded and I could just write endlessly, oh I would have no gripes with that, but this is not a blog, I am interested in responses that intrest me.

Which reminds me, one of the evidences of God, is " Intrest." God is interesting, alluring, magnifying. He draws the human consciousness to him. If he was " Uninteresting", there would never be debate. The mere thought of God being real is " Attractive", its mobile in our imaginations. Its an active force ( Force being another evidence of God I will go into later), its not stagnant inuendo. Its " Dreamable", its defintely do-able. Its intellectually possible, its historical, its " Highly Spiritual", its right next door to being real in " Your Consciousness."

Peace.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
I know someone who believes in some pretty crazy conspiracy theories. His basis for belief is no different to yours. He often says that he is so sure that it is true, and that is the only thing that really matters.

The only difference in what he believes and religion, are numbers and social acceptance.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I know someone who believes in some pretty crazy conspiracy theories. His basis for belief is no different to yours. He often says that he is so sure that it is true, and that is the only thing that really matters.

The only difference in what he believes and religion, are numbers and social acceptance.

Well numbers and social acceptance is highly in favor of God being real. Just a few recent polls reveals this, which the percentages reflecting numbers of people who believe in God;

The Tusla World poll;- 92%.

The Yahoo poll;- 80%.

The Fox News poll;- 90%.

And most polls reflect simular numerics. But I think a personal search for God being real or not, shouldnot depend on polls, but on personal evidence that you can see, reason out, understand and believe. I mean polls have their place, its encouraging that the polls are so high, but personal conviction shouldnot rely on them. Not in my view.

The experience of God, should be " Personal", it should hit home! And it has with so many, thus, " Personal Experience" should be considered an evidence of God, it SHOULD start There! Even with Atheism, or anythingelse, the conviction should be personal, something " In You."

And I have NEVER, in my life, seen a dynamic get into so many peoples personal lives and belief, like God has. No other reality has shook humankind like this one. None that I am aware of. Its truly amazing, in my view. Its multiracial, crossculture, international, includes both genders, all ages, and it is scholastic.

Really, I have never seen anything like it, to even compare it to.

Peace.

Old 07-16-2011, 05:13 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,223,963 times
Quote:
First off, when you prove God, prove him to yourself, don't bother with trying to prove him to others. I disagree with the effort to do that. I believe God is real, but I wanted more than just faith, I wanted solid proof. I want to say right off, that I do not know God, I am not christian, I am not Atheist, God has never spoken a word to me, and I have never seen him; but yet I proved it to myself, that he exist. And it took some work!

The evidence of God is endless, but because God is an unseen " Spiritual Being", its hard to just see the evidence in one place. You have to peice it together. You have to use human history, biblical archaeology, science, mathmatics, language, Atheism, a study in consciousness, all of the physical world, all of the animal kingdom, false religion, human nature, emotions, nature, all known laws, earth-wind and fire, sound, primordal man, females, Love, romance, hate, evil, ignorance, family life, the bible and much more than I care to list. All these things carry with them levels of evidence of God, which can be seen and understood.

We cannot see emotion, wind, or magnetism, but we know they exist, and many things that exist are unseen, so the notion that God can't be seen excludes him from existing, is simply in error. We can see the " Evidence" of wind, and understand that it exist. Well, one can see the " evidence of God", and simularily know he exist.

I mentioned history. It is obvious that if Jesus existed, thats a strong indication that God exist, because Jesus claimed to be his earthly son. A usual claim made by many, but Jesus was not a usual man, he was extraordinary, and he lived in our history according to the historians Origen, Josephus, Tertullian, Suetonius, Thallus, Pliny the Younger, the Talmud, Lucian, Celsus, Sextus Julius Africanus and Tacitus. All these men recorded him in our history. We have found the site Jesus was baptised in, we have it. We have the city he was born in, its real. We have located the river he was baptised in, Jordan. We have the actual house of two of his close friends, Martha and Mary. We have 2 possible tombs that he could have been buried in. We have the actual " Bones" of the man forced to carry his cross, simon the cyrenian, and a priest who judged him that night, Caiaphas- we actually have these two biblical mens bones! And they are sure evidence of biblical accuracy!

We have found the actual site where Jesus was killed, "Golgotha", or the place of the skull, we have it! We actually have a portion of the very pavement that Christ stood on before Pilate that day to be judged, its called the " Via Dolorosa", these jokers have found even that! They found the " Garden of Gethsemane", where Jesus prayed. They found the " Tomb of Lazarus", whom Jesus is said to have raised from the dead, which if true, is absolute proof of him being Gods actual son.

They found the " Damascus Gate", where Christ made his exit from Jerusalem, a city itself which is part of the proof of biblical accuracy. Well all of these things are proof of the " Historical Jesus", because if Jesus didnot exist, that would be a serious blow to God existing! Conversely, his existance then, is serious evidence that God exist.

As I am afforded the oppurtunity, I will continue on how to prove God to yourself.

Peace.
What kind of evidence would prove the existence of an invisible, supernatural deity, much less the supernatural in general? Isn't the supernatural defined as that which is outside or beyond nature (outside of our senses: hearing, seeing, tasting, touching, etc).? How does one perceive, much less document what they can't see, hear, taste, touch? For example, you may have "historical evidence" that a man named jesus existed, but this is not evidence that he is god. You may have evidence that he died and then was missing from his tomb, but that is not evidence that he was magically "resurrected." You may have evidence of events that are not as yet explainable and who some may interpret and claim to be the work of god, but it is not the same thing as being evidence of god.

Anyway, why would just the fact that a book has historical facts or has stories which are geographically accurate for instance, make any difference as to whether one believes a supernatural god exists? I can read Gone with the Wind, and it may be accurate with many of the historical events and places, but that does not mean Scarlet existed in real life. Likewise, I can read a biography about Joseph Smith which gives us accurate information about his life, but it does not prove anything about him being a "prophet" or having visions, just because the rest of the book is accurate. I do not believe the supernatural claims in the bible. The rest of the information could be 100% accurate, but would be just another story without the supernatural claims. Prove some (or even one of those), and I might be convinced to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality