Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:31 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,903,925 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of arguing...but just love chatting with everyone here on the religion forum.

Is there something we can discuss in which we all agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 AM

13,032 posts, read 24,574,516 times
Love and Peace , surely we can agree on that one !?

I am weary of all the arguments and back and fro , "round and round we go in a merry circle" posts...

Old 08-10-2007, 10:37 AM

1,587 posts, read 3,903,925 times
I agree...but I don't want to leave y'all either!

Old 08-10-2007, 10:44 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,183,684 times
Hmmmm....can religion forumers agree?

Old 08-10-2007, 10:53 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,228,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Hmmmm....can religion forumers agree?
Probably only if we avoid the subject of religion or anything remotely related to it!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:05 AM

193 posts, read 1,026,079 times
I think that we all can agree that we come to this forum to discuss our beliefs and have the desire to learn and understand others. If you come to this forum to chastize and curse what you don't believe or don't understand then you should not be here. I love sharing the word with everyone, even those who don't believe in what I do. I hope that maybe along the road I can help a non-believer to come to Christianity, and if not, well I tried. This forum is for people that have respect for others and their feelings. Those without respect for this forum should start their own called "for those who want to degrade and persecute, come on in." And yall just have fun in there. For the rest of us, I welcome you to the religion forum with all of your thoughts, concerns and educated minds!!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:13 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,792,566 times
I think as long as people follow the terms of services of the forum..

http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

..that they should be a allowed to discuss anything religious oriented they want, including pointing out the shortfalls of certain religious institutions and belief systems. This is a "Religion" section on a publicly viewed (by millions), privately owned forum. It's not a Christian bible study group, IMO.

I think "no proselytizing" should be added to the terms of service though. It should fall under the same category as "no advertising"

But yes jazzed, it does seem like the discussions seem to consistently break down to the same arguments. I guess that's the nature of online forums (as far as I've seen on other similar forums).

Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM

204 posts, read 506,965 times
Well even if we don't agree at least we can see other viewpoints. Maybe this forum will help us understand where other people are coming from. That helps I think. At least we're 'talking'. And people can who have sincere questions can see both sides of the arguement and then make up their minds for themselves. Its better to talk over differences than fight over them

Old 08-10-2007, 11:29 AM

193 posts, read 1,026,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospelsaves View Post
Well even if we don't agree at least we can see other viewpoints. Maybe this forum will help us understand where other people are coming from. That helps I think. At least we're 'talking'. And people can who have sincere questions can see both sides of the arguement and then make up their minds for themselves. Its better to talk over differences than fight over them
I agree, talking things over always works better than casting stones!

Old 08-10-2007, 11:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,445,935 times
I have seen some powerful discussions here that were inspirational, as well as instructional..I like to contribute to those

I have seen some really good debates where opinions are tossed back and forth and logically discussed..Many times I contribute to those

I have seen posters defend their beliefs to the point of getting very mad, but finally apologizing for their actions..I rarely contribute to these, except to let the poster know that we are all human and have faults

I have seen posters deliberately start a thread simply to flame, insult and cause emotions to get out of control...I ignore these
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality