Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:23 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yola123 View Post
I was sleepy when I read this message and it's tone completely went over my head. Oh well, now I see. If all I saw at first glance was the bible text and the historical reference to dinosaurs then maybe someone else will see that first too.
BTW..Thats what we teach 4-6 yr olds. Older students are taught physics, chemistry and microbiology, without being told they came from monkeys.
There is just so much to explore without even mentioning how we started. But the fact that we exist is proof of where we came from.
You begin the brainwashing when the child is 4-6 years old? Is that what happened to you? I would call that child abuse, and please stop with we come from monkeys stuff...Nobody believes that because it is not true....We and other apes have an ancestor in common...

Here is some food for thought....Every atom that makes up our bodies is over 14 billion years old, even though our biological age only tells us how long we have been human, I would suggest our true age, the age of all of us, and all that makes up the universe is over 14 billion years...We are just borrowing the atoms for a very short time, then they will be re-cycled into something else. That something else could be a plant, insect or just dirt.

That is all we are, borrowed atoms, and to believe that we are somehow so special that we will have everlasting life (heaven or hell) is not only an untrue myth, but is the height of conceit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 01:34 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
No only are we borrowed atoms but we recycle our atoms as we eat and shed skin, discharge old blood cells via the spleen etc.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:38 AM

11 posts, read 9,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Jaymax is an atheist - fail
Obviously.

Really? Care to share this knowledge with us.
Gladly. With the little that I do know, if the foundation is faulty then the building crumbles. If the beginning of the evolution theory cant support itself then where does the rest fit in. One supports the other.

Evolution has nothing to do with the realm of make believe.
Reality is more than what you see with your blinded naked eyes.

What constitutes a true scientist(tm) is this the same as a true xian(tm)
True science is one that observes and experiments and has an applicable and logical conclusion proven to be true.

Hint we already have achieved this - read much?
No my friend, they haven't even begun to map the complexities of what they call a 'simple cell'. Even that has them stumped. Read more.

Yeah like when the church controlled science and disallowed Galileo's findings of a heliocentric universe as opposed to the church's/bible's geocentric earth?
The Catholic Church's tyrannical rule is similar to the Turk's recruiting method of "convert or die", appropriately called the Dark Ages. Apparently you know as much or less about history as I do about science. Theirs was not a struggle to enlighten, but an effort to control. Nothing to do with God. Read a little and you will see that the principle of the bible is freedom. Reading it freed the oppression of the Dark Ages and Slavery and the minds of many bound in sin to horrible addictions they had no power to overcome on their own.
Not to mention it was the basis for the freedom you are now enjoying in the constitution. Under God all men are equal. Why? They have one father. God.

No my dear that is not what evolution is about, your ignorance of the topic is obvious, evolution does not deal with origins. That is abiogenesis and evolution is a theory just like gravity is a theory. If you stopped believing in gravity will you suddenly float off the earth?
Gravity is not a theory, I wouldnt float off if I stopped believing in it any more than God stops being God because you dont believe. you are sitting wherever it is you are sitting now and not floating around the room, because like God, gravity exists; you cant see it, but you see evidence of its existence. Just like Him.

Lurn to spellz. Conscience has nothing to do with evolution we all have that. You conflate multiple issues as you have not had a proper education.
Your conscience, thank you for the correction, is not a thing but a person. A He. It is the voice of the Spirit of God speaking to us, directing us, guiding us and holding us back from the evils within. once He is let in, then the person becomes a changed individual. But consistently rejected and the person sinks becoming more and more depraved in thought if not action. Notice the more a person violates their conscience the less it bothers them? Wrong becomes right. Thats because the Spirit of God knocks at the door of the heart of mankind. He doesnt bombard. You dont let Him in because of rebellion, He leaves you alone. Funny enough He knows our hearts better than we ever will and that is why only He knows which direction to come to us through and He will try every one until we close all and He has to stop.
Still with my limited 'lurnin' I can see that evolution is hogwash and believing the lie is nothing but a dead end.

Good for you, that does not mean what you believe is the truth. I guess you think all atheists are child molesters, rapists, Oops that seems to be a problem in your camp.
What is truth?
lets use, "being in accord with the body of real things".
Evolution has no beginning so i tend to throw that out. No foundation, no standing is the way I see it. Not to mention the chaos that is origin of the species. If you cant get the beginning right how is the rest of it going to get flowing. For it to have merit it has to have a beginning, a pattern or direction and a destination or purpose.

Creation-hmm. An intelligent and powerful being made a planet, told us how He made it too. We see the planet we see the objects and the people. The obvious design and order of things. Each design has a purpose and they all collaborate to acheive that goal, which is maintaining the delicate balance that sustains life on this little planet. Then the same collection of books that tells us about Him says He made us with a purpose in mind and He had to become one of us and walk among us because something went wrong and He had to fix it. No one else could do it but Him and He did and Roman historians tell us that He was here. Not just the little book. Just in case you think He lied in it.

These books predicted His coming and His mission and all that He has done, is doing, is willing to do and will do for humanity. It has told us everything that has happened, is happening and will happen. Why because this Powerful God wanted us to know. He doesnt deal in secrets.

But he requires faith. He has given us every evidence that He exists. Now it is for us to believe in Him just like we believe in gravity. If you have a precious vase, you will not hold it up in the air and let go over a tiled floor because you know gravity will pull it down and it will break.
Can we see Gravity? No
Does it exist? Do we see evidence of its existence? Yes.
Eg if we jump we dont stay suspended in mid air.
Can we see God physically? No
Does He exist? Is there evidence of His existence? Yes

eg...Gravity.
Something so simple, but in it being designed for a purpose and fulfilling that purpose without fail well....that tells me someone knows what they were doing.

This book tells us quite a lot of other stuff too like how for ages He has been trying to teach mankind and they just couldnt get it and so His coming here had to show us beyond the shadow of a doubt who He was all along.

Athiests, child molesters and rapists all have one thing in common, they have ignored the Spirit of God that calls them to obedience. Seeking instead to gratify the flesh cause "God's not looking" or in the case of the atheist, choose to
believe in only what they can see. Live only for today for we have no future. We came from nothing and we are nothing so just do what feels good and right. Who directed a bunch of apes as to what was right from wrong by the way?

Yeah he spoke in riddles a he too did not understand science.
His laws of physics and biology are the reason your fingers can bend to type that He doesnt exist.

Myth, ostriches do not put their heads in the sand. But in reality, using the metaphor, it is the theists in this posture. Reality is scary no?
We will see when the dust clears.

Last edited by Yola123; 07-23-2011 at 02:58 AM..

Old 07-23-2011, 02:59 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
What a mess....You need to learn to use the quote function....You are writing your nonsense all over what you quoted from SeekerSA...

Old 07-23-2011, 03:14 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
This is the first positive post I've seen so far.
I am sorry to say this but this world has the sorriest view of The Almighty God I've seen. Some of these posts just make my heart ache.
First I'd like to say that those who dont know that science backs up creation have no idea of what true science is.
Truth is never popular, while error somehow always seems to have the majority vote.
All the 'evidence' the evolutionists have been 'gathering' points to their ignorance and their obvious bias in their effort to prove that God does not exist.
A true Scientist knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that God is real and He is a thinking and reasonable individual with an impressive imagination and incredible power.
Scientists with what is considered the greatest minds have been trying for decades to unravel what they call a 'simple cell', just so they could prove that it took nothing to make it.
If they should focus that brain power and determination into seriously looking into the intricate design of our world and how it shows the glory and wisdom of God then we would not be dependent upon a 'theory'. We would have unending material to research and we would be a million times wiser for it.
Food for thought: the theory of evolution relies on existing material.
Where did the material come from? How did it come together? When physics declares such things to be nigh impossible.
Only the ignorant believe in evolution. Its just a train they've attached themselves to in the hopes of killing their conciences.
"I must believe there is no God so I dont have to be held accountable for the life I've lived."
Everything on earth has a lesson for us to learn from. It was designed that way by a loving God for His wayward children. Look and learn, that is also why Christ spoke in parables. So we could see and remember the life lessons that will save us at the end.
The Ostrich hides her head in the sand so she wont see whats coming but guess what? if its a truck, she's still gonna feel the blow.
I called it brainwashing and child abuse and you think it was a "positive post"? Ummm okay....

Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
For starters, I am not a teacher but I could think up a ton of material based on living organisms and how they connect and coexist with each other. In my science and biology classes I was never taught about evolution. They presented science to us as just plain science.
The basic structures and elements and the various ways in which they combine and complement each other to make life on this planet ideal for all its inhabitants. I was never told I came from an ape. I love monkeys and I think they are very intelligent and wonderful creatures; but their intelligence and mine are totally incomparable. The scientists(and I use the term very loosely) who think we came from apes might be on the same level though, because only a total buffoon could think that time could change a monkey into a man.
And define secular. Science is science. Evolution is hogwash. They have so many holes in their 'theory' that it cant hold stone more over water and still they want to choke it down our children's throats.
The evolution theory depends on the preexistence of matter.
Putting aside the obvious patterns and designs that make earth a stable environment for life and not just earth but the systems around it.
One little change in earths atmosphere would make it uninhabitable yet everything that makes it habitable is chalked up to a lucky coincidence?
It just happened.
Took millions of years but it just happened.
I'm sorry but that is not science.
We dont need to see God's face to know He exists. Why?
The evidence is all in front of us. Winter, summer,spring and fall every year around the same time. Morning , afternoon, evening, night, every day like clockwork. Birth, growth, maturity, reproduction, in plant world and animal kingdom alike.
Order.
Trees are made in one fashion, shrubs in another. Water plants differ from those that grow in desert climates and every plant species has its preferred soil type, pH level and animal that loves to eat it. There is amphibian, aquatic, feline, canine, bovine and you name it they all have different characteristics and different purposes, yet each relies on the other for their existence.
Design.
Apple trees bear apples every year, cats have kittens, bears have cubs and around the world whenever a baby comes out of a woman she looks to see what the combination of herself and the father looks like.
It will not bear the characteristics of donor A if donor F is the father.
Order and Design.
Chance? I think not.To look at all these things and deny the existence of an incredibly powerful Creator is to lie to oneself.
Science is the most marvelous of subjects besides salvation. Science proves Creation and the bible right. As a matter of fact it makes Salvation that much sweeter. To think that the All powerful God who with just His words made this Universe could have lowered Himself so much to come here as a person like myself. To walk in skin like mine, feel hunger, hurt, cold, and use the bathroom like myself all for me, so that He could bring me back from my lost condition. This tells me that I was made by an Incredible Person who loves me. I am here for a purpose and my life is not in vain.
The Science that proves the Wisdom and Love of God in making this earth for His children to inhabit. A sun with just the right distance and heat to make me warm and trees to shade and feed me. Fruits and vegetables to sustain and heal my body and feed all the animals that make our surroundings interesting. Flowers to perfume my environment with their beauty and scent, and animals to keep me amazed and curious.
So much to learn. How can you wonder what would be taught?
You need to take a closer look.Thats the science I want and thats the science I want my children to learn.
Evolution was concocted by the devil and given voice by those who allowed him to use them; to deceive people into thinking there is no God so they could blindly rush into a Christ-less grave.
See he cant ever enter heaven again and misery loves company.
The bible was right when it said woe unto the inhabitants of the earth for the devil is come down having great wrath.
The 'father of lies' has been VERY busy indeed.
I'm sorry that you did not get a decent education as a child and weren't taught any critical thinking skills.

It's never too late to educate yourself.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:00 AM

Quote:
I was sleepy when I read this message and it's tone completely went over my head. Oh well, now I see. If all I saw at first glance was the bible text and the historical reference to dinosaurs then maybe someone else will see that first too.
BTW..Thats what we teach 4-6 yr olds. Older students are taught physics, chemistry and microbiology, without being told they came from monkeys.
There is just so much to explore without even mentioning how we started. But the fact that we exist is proof of where we came from.
Do you believe the earth is only about 6000 years old?

Do you believe that mankind existed at the same time as dinosaurs?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
Quote:
First I'd like to say that those who dont know that science backs up creation have no idea of what true science is.
Gladly. With the little that I do know, if the foundation is faulty then the building crumbles. If the beginning of the evolution theory cant support itself then where does the rest fit in. One supports the other.
You call that an answer? Evolution is self supporting. It seeks to determine our ancestry and has DNA and RNA mapping to support it. What does the YEC have? Some two accounts in the NT that have no verifiable track back to A&E? BTW the accounts do not match.
Quote:
Reality is more than what you see with your blinded naked eyes
Such as?
Quote:
Quote:
What constitutes a true scientist(tm) is this the same as a true xian(tm)
True science is one that observes and experiments and has an applicable and logical conclusion proven to be true.
Rubbish, true science seeks to prove a hypothesis. What you are describing is the YEC, start at the conclusion and look for evidence to support which btw no YEC has been able to do.
Quote:
No my friend, they haven't even begun to map the complexities of what they call a 'simple cell'. Even that has them stumped. Read more.
You keep saying this but then offer no further dialogue. What simple cell? If you think we have not any data for abiogenesis, you are sorely mistaken, however that is still a hypothesis being worked on. John Craig Venter (born October 14, 1946) is an American biologist and entrepreneur, most famous for his role in being one of the first to sequence the human genome[1] and for his role in creating the first cell with a synthetic genome in 2010.
Quote:
The Catholic Church's tyrannical rule is similar to the Turk's recruiting method of "convert or die", appropriately called the Dark Ages. Apparently you know as much or less about history as I do about science. Theirs was not a struggle to enlighten, but an effort to control. Nothing to do with God. Read a little and you will see that the principle of the bible is freedom. Reading it freed the oppression of the Dark Ages and Slavery and the minds of many bound in sin to horrible addictions they had no power to overcome on their own.
Err, who do you think gave you your bible? Than the RCC fathers for that and the RCC was the keeper and suppressor of knowledge in the dark ages. They controlled education and literacy and science. You really know nothing of church history when you mouth off such verbose statements
Quote:
Not to mention it was the basis for the freedom you are now enjoying in the constitution. Under God all men are equal. Why? They have one father. God.
I am South African, you really should be more observant if you call yourself an educator. Your under god does not apply to any other country.
Quote:
Gravity is not a theory, I wouldnt float off if I stopped believing in it any more than God stops being God because you dont believe. you are sitting wherever it is you are sitting now and not floating around the room, because like God, gravity exists; you cant see it, but you see evidence of its existence. Just like Him.
Theory of Gravity and Theory of Gravity

See, you do not even understand what a scientific theory is. Best wrap some duct tape backwards to your shoes just in case it is just a theory and you float away /sarcasm
Quote:
Your conscience, thank you for the correction, is not a thing but a person.
No it is not a person. Not all people have the same conscience. It is something dictated by personal values and societal norms.
Quote:
A He. It is the voice of the Spirit of God speaking to us, directing us, guiding us and holding us back from the evils within. once He is let in, then the person becomes a changed individual.
I am an ex-christian so no need to preach to me. I know your religion and your bible and your dogmas very well and was in your camp for 30+ years

The voice you hear in your head is a figment of your own imagination. Everything going into your brain is via the 5 senses and people only change b/c they choose to. The pretend god is merely a placebo effect. Everything happening is as a result of cognitive decisions made by the person. That said, the folk that claim to be changed really are no different to anyone else, they just think they are different.
Quote:
But consistently rejected and the person sinks becoming more and more depraved in thought if not action. Notice the more a person violates their conscience the less it bothers them? Wrong becomes right.
Really? I have not killed anyone, I have not raped anyone, I have not done any bad deed yet I am an atheist. Some flaw in your thinking there dear.
Quote:
-waffle snip-
Still with my limited 'lurnin' I can see that evolution is hogwash and believing the lie is nothing but a dead end.
Limited knowledge is not enough to understand evolution. What you are saying is the lazy man's godunnit is far easier than learning real science.
Quote:
What is truth?
lets use, "being in accord with the body of real things".
Evolution has no beginning so i tend to throw that out. No foundation, no standing is the way I see it. Not to mention the chaos that is origin of the species. If you cant get the beginning right how is the rest of it going to get flowing. For it to have merit it has to have a beginning, a pattern or direction and a destination or purpose.
Evolution and origins are two different fields. All theists make the mistake that evolution seeks to find origins when all it is is recording and mapping of genomes and the fossil record. I am no biologist and even I can understand the difference.

I say it again, we do not know origins and neither do you. Theists pretend to know but have no evidence.
Quote:
Creation-hmm. An intelligent and powerful being made a planet, told us how He made it too. We see the planet we see the objects and the people. The obvious design and order of things. Each design has a purpose and they all collaborate to acheive that goal, which is maintaining the delicate balance that sustains life on this little planet. Then the same collection of books that tells us about Him says He made us with a purpose in mind and He had to become one of us and walk among us because something went wrong and He had to fix it. No one else could do it but Him and He did and Roman historians tell us that He was here. Not just the little book. Just in case you think He lied in it.
Rubbish, all you have is musings of ancient man and re scripted circa 500BCE so the alleged proof you cite is not accurate. Your jesus probably never existed as there are no contemporary writings about him. Please do not bother with citing apologist sites as all the alleged non biblical accounts are refuted as forgeries or simply commentaries of men that lived long after the alleged time of jesus
Quote:
-waffle snipped-
Athiests, child molesters and rapists all have one thing in common, they have ignored the Spirit of God that calls them to obedience. Seeking instead to gratify the flesh cause "God's not looking" or in the case of the atheist, choose to believe in only what they can see. Live only for today for we have no future.
Wow you really must think we are sex depraved people yet it is your camp that seems to have the problems with extramarital affairs, child molesting etc.
Quote:
We came from nothing and we are nothing so just do what feels good and right. Who directed a bunch of apes as to what was right from wrong by the way?
No it is the theist that claim an instapoof creation, atheists make no such claim, neither does science or evolution.
Quote:
Oph I am really scared now.

Please make an effort to learn how to use the quote function and stop preaching on this thread, we really only want to discuss "creation science" and sp. for high school level.

If the only way you can present validity of ID is by trying to discredit evolution, you are wasting your time. Present the evidence for your claims of creation not a sermon on jesus and the entire bible.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
What would creationists teach at schools?

They would give batchit crazy explanations as to why evolution cannot be truel

‪Peanut Butter, The Atheist's Nightmare!‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 PM

591 posts, read 866,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
These are not curriculum.

I am interested what folk here would teach in deference of basic biology at a HS level

These links are not anything concrete and one seems like religious studies for junior level, Noah's Ark hardly constitutes creation.

Make no mistake, biology would still be science, just that Evolution would be a theory not proven, possibly true, but not proven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality