Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,778,990 times

Advertisements

I'm in. I don't know if I can offer anything, but I like to believe that I have a big heart and broad shoulders. I am 43, a mother of 5, Catholic and a lover of God. He has been extemely gracious in my life. I have been blessed beyond exception and am grateful that He has not given me what I "deserved". I was raised in a middle class family with two siblings and parents who never divorced. On the outside, I had a very wonderful life, but ohhhh, the things we hide in our closets.

FOMA, I recall your story coming up in previous threads. I converted to Catholicism 4 years ago. My journey actually began 7 years ago, but it took three years to go thru the process. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I am here if anyone needs me.

God bless us all.

Weather...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 08:12 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,224,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
As I always tell my students, never be afraid to ask a question odds are someone else was thinking the same thing. I personally like to read through comments and see if I can get my own thoughts answered. Private messaging just seems to defeat that idea. Then again, that's just me.

Have fun
I would just add that we do have a thread called "Ask a Christian" which is pretty much the nature, I think, of what your are referring to. A question can be posed publicly and answered publicly by anyone on the forum. As others have explained, though, this here is for those desiring more private, personal conversation about various things.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:05 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,182,377 times
Hey if anyone cares to PM me with any questions please feel free.

I guess I'll add that I am 32 (barely--August 8th!), married and a father of 2 girls, ages 1 and 4, and 1 boy, age 2. I am from southern California and now live in metropolitan Detroit.

I was raised a pastor's son but somehow managed to not get TOO screwed up. I spent alot of years of my life searching and questioning my faith, drinking and doing drugs. I am now at peace with my Creator and my faith in God is unwaivering. I am far from perfect.

Last edited by jeffncandace; 08-13-2007 at 07:09 AM.. Reason: adding desription

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,725,007 times
Feel free to pm me also..Im a Guy, almost 34..
Lived in AR my whole life, my dad was a deacon and mom a sunday school teacher, spent a lot of time away from God in my early twenties, but found I really needed God after the birth of my first child, (I have 2). Spent 4 years in Bus ministry, served as a bus pastor for 3 years, worked in childrens church for 2. Was a interim youth pastor for nearly a year, and preached for awhile. There hasnt been much I havent saw or heard or done myself, and I believe God can take care of anything..

Last edited by arguy1973; 08-13-2007 at 08:15 AM..

Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 AM

328 posts, read 1,032,049 times
Default Grateful to make myself available to all who seek....

I would be honored to share my experience with anyone who would be interested. There is such strength in the Community of Jesus Christ
Spiritwalker

Old 08-13-2007, 08:35 AM

204 posts, read 506,899 times
I’m in:

I’m female. 30 YO. Baptist. No children. I’m biracial (Puerto Rican/Indian). I speak fairly decent Spanish, and poor basic Hindi….with a dodgy British accent (go figure )

I would welcome a private message from anyone.
I believe that I have been born-again. I have been baptized. I believe God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. I believe in the Trinity. I believe satan exist. I believe that Jesus is the way, the truth and life. I believe in the resurrection of Jesus. I believe in the rapture. I believe in heaven and hell. I believe that one day Jesus will return to judge the world.

My basic beliefs rest in the following passage of scripture:
Passage John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,989,943 times
Just thought we needed to bring this back up.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:27 PM

679 posts, read 1,437,261 times
Quote:
I am starting this thread for anyone that is sincerely seeking and would like to hear more about the Gospel
In that case, sign me up. I've studied the gospels, including the early gospels that weren't considered worth including at the Council of Nicea in the 4th century AD, the discoveries of the lost gospels of Nag Hammadi, the reasoning behind believing in a gospel "Q" and it's influence on the writers of Matthew and Luke, the early christian churches, the evidence for belief in tampering with writings, various apologetic interpretations of old and new testament and their relationships and more. If you truly want to learn more about the gospels, I'll share what I know.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,440,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I am starting this thread for anyone that is sincerely seeking and would like to hear more about the Gospel. This isn't intended to be viewed as advertising or proselytizing and it isn't meant to offend the non-believers. This is simply an invitation for anyone that may be at a crossroads in their life.

Perhaps you are here seeking out answers. Maybe God has led you here for the purpose of being exposed to His message. Maybe there is something going on in your life that you are seeking deliverance from. Whatever it is...this is the place to be.

We know that the forum can often become frustrating, argumentative, and sometimes tends to cause more confusion than clarity.
Being a discussion board (open "public" forum), maybe you have questions or need someone to talk to, but do not feel comfortable doing so in the public realm.

This is an open invitation to anyone that would like to talk through "Private Messaging". All you have to do is click under the person's name that you would like to talk to, then click on "Send a private message to..."

I am here for anyone that would like to talk. However, perhaps you feel more comfortable with one of the other Christian forumers. Below will be replies from all willing participants. These will be Christian folks willing to share the gospel with you and/or simply give counsel or lift you up anyway we can.

If you have ANY questions please do not hesitate to send a private message to anyone of us that reply on this thread!
We look forward to hearing from you! And we will reply as SOON as we possibly can.

Please note: Christians...when you reply as being a willing participant in receiving these pm's, please give a brief description of yourself (male/female and basics of your beliefs).

Thank you in advance to everyone that chooses to get involved!
I think this should be brought up now and then

Old 08-31-2007, 08:33 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,795,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I think this should be brought up now and then
How funny I just posted the link to this in another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality