Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 01:47 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

I must say that the term 'non-believer' is a badge I wear with pride. I like facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I see. You can't refute what I said so you just scream "YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE". Brilliant strategy dude!
I think that has to be a contender for the Empty Words award.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Jesus claimed to be the way the truth and the life.........no man comes to the Father but by me.
Jesus' words or mans?

Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Actually if Im wrong, then NO one would be able to make a face because we'll all just be dead.

either way that doesn't even come close to burning in FIRE FOREVER Like what would happen to someone that doesn't believe.

So you say "if Im' wrong" and then proceed to act as if that possibility is totally out of the question. Bringing up fabricated bible statements such as "burning in fire forever". Where, exactly, is that in your bible?

I think that you continue to mix your metaphors on the subject while pretending that you have some exclusive truth. You don't.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Jesus claimed to be the way the truth and the life.........no man comes to the Father but by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Jesus' words or mans?
Actually I realized that was redundant as Jesus was a man. Let me rephrase:

Jesus' actual words or those of the writers of the gospels (who, BTW, were most certainly neither god nor Matthew, Mark, Luke or John)?

Old 08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
"Faith" means not wanting to know what is true.
Friedrich Nietzsche
No Offense, but it is "FOOLISH" to quote something that was said by a man (Human) and put it above something that GOD (The Creator of man) say's. He's the one that created us in the first place, so of course he would know "ALL" things. GOD say's "Having faith in something that you can see is not faith at all". If you dont believe, then that's your decision, but when judgement day comes dont say no one ever told you.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:49 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So you say "if Im' wrong" and then proceed to act as if that possibility is totally out of the question. Bringing up fabricated bible statements such as "burning in fire forever". Where, exactly, is that in your bible?

I think that you continue to mix your metaphors on the subject while pretending that you have some exclusive truth. You don't.
Hear me when I say this.... I study the BIBLE everyday, so I know what's in it and what's not my friend. I'll let you read it for yourself though.

HOLY BIBLE (KJV)
REVELATION 21:8 But the fearful, and "UNBELIEVING" and the abominable, murederers, Whoremongers, sorcerers, idoliters, and the Liars, shall have there part in "THE LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE"

^^ You thought I was making that up? NOT AT ALL and anyone that fits the categories of any of those thing which is in the BIBLE will recieve the LAKE OF FIRE as there fait. It'll be NO WAY AROUND IT!

Old 08-11-2011, 01:03 PM

33,537 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
No Offense, but it is "FOOLISH" to quote something that was said by a man (Human) and put it above something that GOD (The Creator of man) say's. He's the one that created us in the first place, so of course he would know "ALL" things. GOD say's "Having faith in something that you can see is not faith at all". If you dont believe, then that's your decision, but when judgement day comes dont say no one ever told you.
Thanks, but I'll stick with reason and logic, since it is useful... You can keep your useless faith in the "creator of man". I'll say it again religion is a sham, there is no creator, and your empty threats would be funny if they had any originality...I've been told so often by duped people like yourself that I'm going to hell, it's no longer funny, but just annoying.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:04 PM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Where is your proof that he *did* exist? Tall tales that eventually made it into some books decades (and more) after his supposed death?

I suppose John Henry, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox were all real, too? They have nearly as much supporting evidence as Jesus, after all.
Scripturally? No.

John Henry, Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox do not appear anywhere in the Bible.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:31 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Again, holding up one version of folklore as more right/true/powerful than other versions of folklore.

What makes the scriptures/Bible more true/factual than the stories of Paul Bunyan, for example? Because you *want* them to be true? Because you believe that the Bible is the infallible word of "God"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality