Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM

799 posts, read 2,165,440 times

Advertisements

Okay, last year, God took my job from me, so I had no health insurance when I contracted pneumonia. So I am still paying some really hefty bills back to everyone and his brother. Then I got in a car accident (not my fault) and totalled my car in a blizzard. Then my company decided to close, and I've spent money I do not have flying all over the country looking for a job because I have exhausted any prospects where I live. And yes, I network, and yes, I know how to look for a job. Oh and yes, I will have to pull my kid out of his school to move again, to some place where we don't know anyone, just so mom can bring home the bacon.
Isn't God loving? Thank you God, for the stress that makes my hands shake. Hallejulah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM

No god watches over me. No god gave me a house. No god gave me anything. I worked for it all.
Maybe when you lose your home, you can ask God why.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 PM

10,160 posts, read 11,134,231 times
The question we should be asking is - what have you done for God today.....

Old 08-19-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Turnabout

Is that a take on "Ask not what your country can do for you?"
How does someone do something for a god, who can do anything he wants for himself?
And, aren't you simply turning the question around, to avoid answering it?

Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 PM

2,800 posts, read 9,995,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The question we should be asking is - what have you done for God today.....
We had a thread like that once too, I just thought this would be a good place for people to share their blessings. Maybe we'll have to start a new one for what we do for Him!

Old 08-19-2007, 03:15 PM

10,160 posts, read 11,134,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
We had a thread like that once too, I just thought this would be a good place for people to share their blessings. Maybe we'll have to start a new one for what we do for Him!

Oh I didn't know that -

Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
Is that a take on "Ask not what your country can do for you?"
How does someone do something for a god, who can do anything he wants for himself?
And, aren't you simply turning the question around, to avoid answering it?

God has done plenty for me - and continues to do so. I was not avoiding the question - God works in mysterious ways whether you believe that or not, it's your opinion and choice. I will never give up my faith even when times are get rough - There's reasons for alot of things that happens in our lives. Like when My lil girl died suddenly - I didn't blame God.....He helped me become stronger and more understanding about things.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
God has done plenty for me - and continues to do so. I was not avoiding the question - God works in mysterious ways whether you believe that or not, it's your opinion and choice. I will never give up my faith even when times are get rough - There's reasons for alot of things that happens in our lives. Like when My lil girl died suddenly - I didn't blame God.....He helped me become stronger and more understanding about things.
Great testimony Torn! It's true, we can use our trials to make us stronger and cling tighter to Him, OR we can simply succumb to our problems and trials and let them get the best of us.
When God is by your side, there is hope. He is always faithful to us. I have been through my own trials, and it is much easier having Him to give my burdens to than trying to overcome it all on my own.

Old 08-19-2007, 04:31 PM

23,001 posts, read 34,316,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Great testimony Torn! It's true, we can use our trials to make us stronger and cling tighter to Him, OR we can simply succumb to our problems and trials and let them get the best of us.
When God is by your side, there is hope. He is always faithful to us. I have been through my own trials, and it is much easier having Him to give my burdens to than trying to overcome it all on my own.
AMEN!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 04:44 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,458,877 times
Default Answer to Twixcookie

I have endured many hardships in my life. We have lost a business, been bankrupt, lost our home, furniture, car. But we still had each other, our children and never blamed God one bit for our misfortunes. We blamed ourselves for being young and inexperienced and too proud to follow advice of older more experienced people. We never asked God for another house, car or food for the table. We believed the old thing about the Lord helps those who help themselves...For years after that the Lord blessed us with ways to survive. When I was forced into divorce and left with nothing but a house that was falling apart 30 miles from town and no car and five grandchildren to help raise and barely a stitch of clothes to my name, I never blamed God for that (blamed the husband)..I prayed that He would show me how to get this family back together. I believed he would, and he did..... God is not a sugar daddy handing out lollipops and bandaids..He is our loving Father who will provide for us if we put our faith and trust in him and use the resources he has given us to survive.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I have endured many hardships in my life. We have lost a business, been bankrupt, lost our home, furniture, car. But we still had each other, our children and never blamed God one bit for our misfortunes. We blamed ourselves for being young and inexperienced and too proud to follow advice of older more experienced people. We never asked God for another house, car or food for the table. We believed the old thing about the Lord helps those who help themselves...For years after that the Lord blessed us with ways to survive. When I was forced into divorce and left with nothing but a house that was falling apart 30 miles from town and no car and five grandchildren to help raise and barely a stitch of clothes to my name, I never blamed God for that (blamed the husband)..I prayed that He would show me how to get this family back together. I believed he would, and he did..... God is not a sugar daddy handing out lollipops and bandaids..He is our loving Father who will provide for us if we put our faith and trust in him and use the resources he has given us to survive.
Very well put Blue...tried to rep you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality