U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2011, 07:42 AM

563 posts, read 482,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Excellent posts Super and Wondering!
Thanks. I respect your opinion alot. I really like how SuperSoul said;

"Yeah, I think God is a word that summarizes what we can't explain"

An amazingly simple, yet profound summary.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 11:13 AM

1,168 posts, read 613,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Ex 3:6 "I am the God the father--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

Num 23:19 "God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

John 4:24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

Mal 3:6 "For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

Acts 17:27-28 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

for in Him we live and move and have our being, as also some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.'

1 Sam 2:2-3 "No one is holy like the Lord, For there is none besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God.
"Talk no more so very proudly; Let no arrogance come from your mouth, For the Lord is the God of knowledge; And by Him actions are weighed.

Heb 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Psalms 145:17 The Lord is righteous in all His ways, Gracious in all His works.

Psalms 104:24 O Lord, how manifold are Your works! In wisdom You have made them all. The earth is full of Your possessions--

Romans 11:32-33 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Psalms 97:2-6 Clouds and darkness surround Him; Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.
A fire goes before Him, And burns up His enemies round about.
His lightnings light the world; The earth sees and trembles.
The mountains melt like wax at the presence of the Lord, At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples see His glory.

Ex 3:14 "I AM WHO I AM."

Ex 33:20 "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live."

Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made.

With Man’s science and technology, he is able to see the invisible universe; God only allows what man can see, but not just to understanding of the universe, but of His works in the heaven and the understand God the Creator.

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showing his handiwork.

Romans 1: 20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,”

I have read..."The pure of heart shall see God"...as it was I did see something in the light of Darkness..."darkness surrounds Him"..blackness darker than Black....Blacker than the blackest black....almost anti black...or anti matter...kinda entity.

So did I see his face?...Not really...but I tried to get a good look...all I saw was blackness in the form of a human shape.

As it is...according to scripture...I must be the pure of heart?....But I do not know what that means....in the end...do I fulfill all, or am I consumed?
And who consumes me God or the demons?

Oh demons have tried....But God saved me!...so something is really true about God being Dark or covered in Blackness....cause I saw Just that...and being this is referenced in the Bible...Not all people who see God die from seeing him, at least right away anyways...........

Old 07-31-2011, 11:20 AM

3,911 posts, read 1,610,840 times
Interesting assumptions... from all of us.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:49 AM

100 posts, read 87,452 times
Some of the biggest misconceptions that many non-Muslims have about Islam have to do with the word “Allah.” For various reasons, many people have come to believe that Muslims worship a different God than Christians and Jews. This is totally false, since “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for “God” - and there is only One God. Let there be no doubt - Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus - peace be upon them all. However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God. For example, Muslims - like Jews - reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation. This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God - because, as we have already said, there is only One True God. Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.” However, Islam teaches that other religions have, in one way or another, distorted and nullified a pure and proper belief in Almighty God by neglecting His true teachings and mixing them with man-made ideas.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:50 AM

First of all, it is important to note that “Allah” is the same word that Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews use for God. If you pick up an Arabic Bible, you will see the word “Allah” being used where “God” is used in English. This is because “Allah” is a word in the Arabic language equivalent to the English word “God” with a capital “G”. Additionally, the word “Allah” cannot be made plural, a fact which goes hand-in-hand with the Islamic concept of God.

It is interesting to note that the Aramaic word “El”, which is the word for God in the language that Jesus spoke, is certainly more similar in sound to the word “Allah” than the English word “God.” This also holds true for the various Hebrew words for God, which are “El” and “Elah”, and the plural or glorified form “Elohim.” The reason for these similarities is that Aramaic, Hebrew and Arabic are all Semitic languages with common origins. It should also be noted that in translating the Bible into English, the Hebrew word “El” is translated variously as “God”, “god” and “angel”! This imprecise language allows different translators, based on their preconceived notions, to translate the word to fit their own views. The Arabic word “Allah” presents no such difficulty or ambiguity, since it is only used for Almighty God alone. Additionally, in English, the only difference between “god”, meaning a false god, and “God”, meaning the One True God, is the capital “G”. Due to the above mentioned facts, a more accurate translation of the word “Allah” into English might be “The One -and-Only God” or “The One True God.”

Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 AM

More importantly, it should also be noted that the Arabic word “Allah” contains a deep religious message due to its root meaning and origin. This is because it stems from the Arabic verb ta’allaha (or alaha), which means “to be worshipped.” Thus in Arabic, the word “Allah” means “The One who deserves all worship.” This, in a nutshell, is the Pure Monotheistic message of Islam.

Suffice it to say that just because someone claims to be a “monotheistic” Jew, Christian or Muslim, that does not keep them from falling into corrupt beliefs and idolatrous practices. Many people, including some Muslims, claim belief in “One God” even though they’ve fallen into acts of idolatry. Certainly, many Protestants accuse Roman Catholics of idolatrous practices in regards to the saints and the Virgin Mary. Likewise, the Greek Orthodox Church is considered “idolatrous” by many other Christians because in much of their worship they use icons. However, if you ask a Roman Catholic or a Greek Orthodox person if God is “One”, they will invariably answer: “Yes!.” This claim, however, does not stop them from being “creature worshipping” idolaters. The same goes for Hindus, who just consider their gods to be “manifestations” or “incarnations” of the One Supreme God.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:53 AM

this is about WHO IS ALLAH*OR GOD*

Old 08-03-2011, 06:57 AM

The Request of Moses to See God

Eyes can not bear the vision of God. He tells us in the Quran:

“Vision cannot grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision.” (Quran 6:103)

Moses, to whom God spoke and gave great miracles, was chosen by God to be His Prophet. It is said that he thought that, since God used to speak to him, he might be able to actually see God. The story is in the Quran, where God tells us what happened:

“And when Moses arrived at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said, ‘My Lord, show me (Yourself) that I may look at You.’ (God) said, ‘You will not see Me, but look at the mountain; if it should remain in place, then you will see Me.’ But when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He rendered it level, and Moses fell unconscious. And when he awoke, he said, ‘Exalted are You! I have repented to You, and I am the first of the believers.’” (Quran 7:143)

God made it clear that no-one, including the great prophet Moses, can bear the sight of the divine, for God is too great to be grasped by human eyes in this life. According to the Quran, Moses realized his request was in error; therefore, he sought forgiveness from God for having asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality